True or False: Real Deal Tannehill has improved every week per the Eye Test? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

True or False: Real Deal Tannehill has improved every week per the Eye Test?

Real Deal Tannehill has improved every week per the Eye Test?

• True

Votes: 143 76.5%
  • False

Votes: 44 23.5%

• Total voters
Blah blah Blah ... how about the perfect strike he threw to Armstrong that was dropped?

Prime example of what Adam talks about. You just throw out all the bad passes and concentrate solely on the good one. It's the OVERALL body of work man.

It's CRAZY on these forums right now. Never have I seen so much love for a QB who is ranked 32 out of 32 and has a 58.2 QB rating. Henne would be getting death threats, but Tannehill gets love...WTF?

LOL .... it's funny to watch man. It really is. I don't expect much though considering this is the "free" portion of the site and that's the mentality you commonly see.

LOL .... it's funny to watch man. It really is. I don't expect much though considering this is the "free" portion of the site and that's the mentality you commonly see.

Wow...talk about a mentality you commonly see, someone who clearly has no understanding that a rookie quarterback has to adjust to the speed and skill level at the professional level.

Any quarterback thats ever played in this league would tell you the same thing, but you'd probably argue with them as well and make some condecending remark to try to support your baseless argument.

Wow...talk about a mentality you commonly see, someone who clearly has no understanding that a rookie quarterback has to adjust to the speed and skill level at the professional level.

Any quarterback thats ever played in this league would tell you the same thing, but you'd probably argue with them as well and make some condecending remark to try to support your baseless argument.

LOL .... cmon Blue, you bash every single comment you don't like. Don't get upset when you get a taste of it right back.

I have fine understanding of what a rookie QB is. Precisely why I'm not proclaiming greatness and fixating on only the good plays. Again, it's the whole body of work to be evaluated week to week.

Only Dolphin fans are running around saying he's the best of the QB draftees right now. They literally have no leg to stand on in any facet. Instead of being patient, that's what you get. Again because they are STARVED and crackers look like filet mignon. I just can't wait until we get to a point where the fan base can objectively evaluate him.

Definately has surpassed my expectations. He even got the tipped passes issue licked, which is a relief.

LOL .... cmon Blue, you bash every single comment you don't like. Don't get upset when you get a taste of it right back.

I have fine understanding of what a rookie QB is. Precisely why I'm not proclaiming greatness and fixating on only the good plays. Again, it's the whole body of work to be evaluated week to week.

Only Dolphin fans are running around saying he's the best of the QB draftees right now. They literally have no leg to stand on in any facet. Instead of being patient, that's what you get. Again because they are STARVED and crackers look like filet mignon. I just can't wait until we get to a point where the fan base can objectively evaluate him.

Fair enough...only an idiot would argue he is playing perfectly.

But to be clear, are you not impressed at all with this kid?

I see a very talented kid, who is clearly making rookie mistakes and has not fully adjusted to the NFL game yet, but is still showing a good amount poise in not letting his mistakes destroy him. You have to agree that his receiving corp is the worst of any of the rookie QB's...no?

Fair enough...only an idiot would argue he is playing perfectly.

But to be clear, are you not impressed at all with this kid?

I see a very talented kid, who is clearly making rookie mistakes and has not fully adjusted to the NFL game yet, but is still showing a good amount poise in not letting his mistakes destroy him. You have to agree that his receiving corp is the worst of any of the rookie QB's...no?

Our WR's are definitely not elite. We lack a legit 3rd. Bess is dependable and Hartline is better than people give him credit for, it's just that vs. elite competition he's not good enough to separate.

As for Tanny ..... I definitely do not see him "oh shucks" it out there. He excels at rolling out and throwing the curls/comebacks. Extremely athletic and can make plays with his feet. Definitely capable of putting zip on the ball. However, I am not yet seeing the guy with the high wonderlic score and the cerebral mentality of someone who was pre-med in college. He tends to rely on his athleticism to make plays, not what I'd deem a "pure" passer. He especially lacks touch on any of his deep balls and fixates a lot on his initial read. In fact his ball placement is only good on certain few pass plays. It's not just the WR's who are limiting our play calling, it's what Tanny does and does not do.

It's not just the WR's who are limiting our play calling, it's what Tanny does and does not do.

But that goes back to being a rookie, and allowing time for the lightbulb to go on I believe.

Either way, we should have a good idea if he has it or not after this season, it is a shame he is cursed with perhaps the worst receiving corp I have ever seen.

The beauty of the Rookie wage scale is that if he is deemed a bust down the road, we can try again in the next draft.

I for one am at least happy they are finally spending a premium pick on this most important of positions, and I hope we never go that long again ignoring the QB position to that extent.

He is inconsistent. That's what rookies do. Anthony Fasano needs to step it up. He;s the outlet man and a rookie qb's best friend. Tanny does have a pretty good ground game so that takes the heat off a bit. It's got to be nice being a rookie qb and knowing you can check off to reggie bush if you get to nervous.

He is progressing because he is getting more experience. His performances will vary greatly up and down. He needs his reps.

If at the end of the year if he has thrown more interceptions than tds, than he is no better than Henne.

I havent seen any of your posts in the the "paying" portion of this site... Curious to know how you can compare?

I havent seen any of your posts in the the "paying" portion of this site... Curious to know how you can compare?

Just from conversations I've had with mods in regards to joining the pay section and the quality of posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our WR's are definitely not elite. We lack a legit 3rd. Bess is dependable and Hartline is better than people give him credit for, it's just that vs. elite competition he's not good enough to separate.

As for Tanny ..... I definitely do not see him "oh shucks" it out there. He excels at rolling out and throwing the curls/comebacks. Extremely athletic and can make plays with his feet. Definitely capable of putting zip on the ball. However, I am not yet seeing the guy with the high wonderlic score and the cerebral mentality of someone who was pre-med in college. He tends to rely on his athleticism to make plays, not what I'd deem a "pure" passer. He especially lacks touch on any of his deep balls and fixates a lot on his initial read. In fact his ball placement is only good on certain few pass plays. It's not just the WR's who are limiting our play calling, it's what Tanny does and does not do.

definately not elite is putting it mildly. We have a legitimate starter a good up and down receiver and then nothing worth having on an nfl roster

Back
Top Bottom