Truth about the O-Line | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
You are now bashing Tannehill and you missed the whole point of this thread. This thread is about Tannehill helping the running game being a dual threat.. Not a thread about how many TD's and Int's or how bad his deep ball is.

Have we forgotten that the OL coach is a crackhead vag-phumpher?

I am not surprised.

Seems like going deep was something that was not happening much but now, Tannehill could burn teams with the deep ball?

I'm not one of Tannehill's fanboi's, but he was one of the best deep ball throwers in the league last year. That's a fact.

He was not as effective with Moore in at QB and Gase doesn't calll these plays with Cutler since he is playing scared.

Gase called the Tannehill option with Cutler once this year. It was pretty funny actually. Its a play that Tannehill first ran with Bill Lazor, then Tannehill got Gase to put it in his playbook, then Gase called the play with Cutler. This is how stuff gets around the NFL. Jay Cutler running the ball is all Bill Lazor's fault.

You are now bashing Tannehill and you missed the whole point of this thread. This thread is about Tannehill helping the running game being a dual threat.. Not a thread about how many TD's and Int's or how bad his deep ball is.

No, I addressed that, and he isn’t a dual threat. 164 in 13 games equals 12 yards a game. It’s just another example of distance making the heart grow fonder. No one spyed on him, and he didn’t take pressure off Jay. Nor did he do much to elude the rush.

The complaint here is the thread was started under a false premise.

Jason Smith, second overall pick
Greg Robinson, second overall pick
Luke Joeckel, second overall pick

All were can’t miss left tackles of recent vintage. Whiffs. All of them.

Is Laremy Tunsil going to join that list?

The kid is, to put it bluntly, dumb, lazy, and soft. So far, it looks like there isn’t an ounce of intelligence, competitiveness or toughness in that kid. It doesn’t matter if he has any physical ability, which is overstated anyway. He brings no advantage in pass pro and is not a run blocker. He’s lousy and there’s no evidence he will get better based on what we’ve seen.

I'm not one of Tannehill's fanboi's, but he was one of the best deep ball throwers in the league last year. That's a fact.
Perhaps but I don't recall us burning other teams very often. It certainly wasn't the thing teams had to worry about. I never saw people saying, "I hope we can slow down the Dolphins air attack". I think I would play Miami daring them to pass as well. And you are right on it's running game impacts. And it is worse this year. Burning teams through the air just seemed a bit overstated. Sorry, there has been a lot of overstating today!

Wasn't Tunsil very good last year and not so much this year after having moved to LT? Does that factor into the OP reasoning?

Jason Smith, second overall pick
Greg Robinson, second overall pick
Luke Joeckel, second overall pick

All were can’t miss left tackles of recent vintage. Whiffs. All of them.

Is Laremy Tunsil going to join that list?

The kid is, to put it bluntly, dumb, lazy, and soft. So far, it looks like there isn’t an ounce of intelligence, competitiveness or toughness in that kid. It doesn’t matter if he has any physical ability, which is overstated anyway. He brings no advantage in pass pro and is not a run blocker. He’s lousy and there’s no evidence he will get better based on what we’ve seen.

I always appreciate your posts. You nailed the two feature traits of Tunsil in 2017 -- soft and non-competitive.

It was evident early in preseason. I didn't particularly care. But months later nothing has changed.

He was slated to the Hall of Fame by some posters here, once shifted to tackle. I remember breaking down what that would require...the number of Pro Bowls and first team All-Pros, etc. Once your first season is obscure you already own a deficit, let alone if now you face a position switch.

IMO, the most glaring change from offensive line 2016 to 2017 is instant penetration at those interior spots. Running plays are caved before they have any chance. At least Tunsil provided a presence there in 2016. He was more nasty at guard. Instead of one young healthy skilled interior athlete we have none.

I'm not ready to move Tunsil back just yet. The skill set suggested tackle. Short term seldom matters. I have seen this countless times over the decades, however. I remember having a discussion about it with the offensive line coach at USC when I was there, that some offensive line prospects scream inside or outside based on every logical criteria, but once you put them in game conditions it turns out the other way, for various reasons.

Back
Top Bottom