Tua being slighted among the future of AFC QBs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua being slighted among the future of AFC QBs

I still find it kind of crazy how I said multiple times at the start of this season that Josh Allen was the best QB in his draft class and people absolutely ripped me here. It was all about Lamar Jackson despite his terrible start to the season. Now the Bills end the season 13-3 and everyone is all “Josh Allen is so amazing you will never be able to compare him to tiny Tua”. For the record, they write articles like the one mentioned for people like you. It’s mindless drivel meant to fan the flames, to get likes, clicks, views, etc. Just like all the articles about how we might draft a QB at 3 that our team addressed to stop the nonsense. When the media smells blood they go in for the kill to profit (financially).

How did they slight Tua? He is what he is -- just another Dolphins QB who couldn't win the big game to put the team into the playoffs. This is the NFL. You either win when it matters or you become somebody's backup.
Your right just like Herbert couldn’t win many games to put his team in the playoffs

I guess I just don't know what value the comparison has, then.

If all you are saying is you think he deserves more time, no need to nrimg Allen into it, at all.

The difference is, Allen had a chance to improve his accuracy, and read skills. Tua isn't going to learn to be 6'4, have a canon for an arm, or be the runner JA is.

I like Tua, but his situation isn't comparabe to JAs, as a rookie.

TT may end up having the elite mind, but will never have elite physical skills, and that limits hus ceiling. Ppl tout Brees as the comp, and that's fine. How many championships?
One more than the big, tall, and strong armed Marino had.

Given how Tua has looked in this small sample size, it’s hard to blame people for second guessing. He’s looked small, indecisive, and his arm hasn’t been ok “full display”’so to speak.

Physically he just doesn’t move the needle like Burrows or Herbert, so he is going to have to be Drew Brees special to be THAT guy. Not saying it won’t happen, but that’s is a tall task and he’s got a long way to go.
....VERY VERY long way to go. I don't blame them for either not including him or caveating his inclusion...Gardner Minshew was better as a rookie.

Well, I'm only worry about our QB. We'll worry about QB's from other teams whenever we play against them but right now all I want is an OC that can run a good offense for Tua and for us to give him the players he needs to help him be the best QB that he can be.

How did they slight Tua? He is what he is -- just another Dolphins QB who couldn't win the big game to put the team into the playoffs. This is the NFL. You either win when it matters or you become somebody's backup.
Hmm interesting take, win when it matters you say. I mean the only time a game doesn't matter is if you have won enough games to lock in your playoff spot and winning the last game of the season isn't gonna hurt or help you in any kind of way.

So I have to assume the playoffs count as games that "matter". Marino was 8-10 in the playoffs thats certainly not winning when it "matters" should they have made him the backup? Philip Rivers is 5-6, Deshaun Watson is 1-2 and only won 4 games in the regular season this year he's 4 years into his career should they bench him?

If Tua is just another QB who couldn't win the big game than surely you must think Justin Herbert is a colossal bust.

AFC qb 2022 ranking in future
1.mohomes k.c.
2 Allen's bills.
3.watson hou.
4jackson ravens.
5 thill17 ten.
6. Herbert lac
7 Mayfield cle
8. Carrr oak
9. Burrow cin
10. Tua dolphins
11.lawerence jags
12. Arnold jets
13den
14.N.E
15. Pit
16. Ind.
Tua need be at leased middle of pack..this how afc probably will look in 2 to 3 yr..

Last edited:
One more than the big, tall, and strong armed Marino had.
True, but put Marino, in his youth, on this team, how would you like your chances?

That's a strawman arguement, the same as the Brees comparison.

Forget about comparisons to individuals. No two individuals are the same, obviously. Forget about names.

Ask yourself what, historically, has been the MOST successful recipe for making a successful QB? If your answer is a Tualike figure, thats fine too. We are just going to have to disagree.

Hmm interesting take, win when it matters you say. I mean the only time a game doesn't matter is if you have won enough games to lock in your playoff spot and winning the last game of the season isn't gonna hurt or help you in any kind of way.

So I have to assume the playoffs count as games that "matter". Marino was 8-10 in the playoffs thats certainly not winning when it "matters" should they have made him the backup? Philip Rivers is 5-6, Deshaun Watson is 1-2 and only won 4 games in the regular season this year he's 4 years into his career should they bench him?

If Tua is just another QB who couldn't win the big game than surely you must think Justin Herbert is a colossal bust.
You are completely discounting upside potential, and ceilings with that narrow view.

Herbert may, or may not learn to make pre/post reads. Tia cannot "learn" to run or throw like Herbert.

I like Tua. I like the kids attitude. I hope he is the answer, but strawman arguements are tiresome, irrespective of the subject matter.

True, but put Marino, in his youth, on this team, how would you like your chances?

That's a strawman arguement, the same as the Brees comparison.

Forget about comparisons to individuals. No two individuals are the same, obviously. Forget about names.

Ask yourself what, historically, has been the MOST successful recipe for making a successful QB? If your answer is a Tualike figure, thats fine too. We are just going to have to disagree.
I'm not sure if you meant to ask this how it's coming off but I'll answer as it reads.

The most successful recipe for making a successful QB is good coaching, a complimentary run game if not a dominant one, good weapons that compliment each other (like having 3 tall jump ball players is not very complimentary) with at least 1-2 players that can score from anywhere, and an above average OL.

AFC qb of future ranking. Tua must get better in afc.
1.mohomes k.c
2 Allen's bills
3.watson hou
4jackson ravens
5 thill17 ten
6.herbert
7.mayfield
8. Carr
9. Burrow
10.tua
11. Arnold
12. Lawerence jag
13.ind
14 pit
15. N.E ??
16.Den??

Last edited:
Why limit the "big game" to getting in the playoffs? This is the NFL. You either win when it matters or you become somebody's backup. So let's add the following to the mix:

Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Kyler Murray, Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, etc, etc, etc. None of them have won anything.

Hell, how long are we going to give the scrubs Rodgers and Brees to do it again? They need to do something this decade..... Wilson? Come on man, 2014 is a long way off you slacker.

How do people not understand the absurdity of this position?

You are completely discounting upside potential, and ceilings with that narrow view.

Herbert may, or may not learn to make pre/post reads. Tia cannot "learn" to run or throw like Herbert.

I like Tua. I like the kids attitude. I hope he is the answer, but strawman arguements are tiresome, irrespective of the subject matter.

The person I quoted literally said,

How did they slight Tua? He is what he is -- just another Dolphins QB who couldn't win the big game to put the team into the playoffs.

Maybe I'm wrong but the way it comes across to me is that Tua has no room for improvement, the QB he was as a rookie is the QB he is going to be. He is what he is. I just applied that same logic to Herbert and his 6-9 record. That's not a straw man that's using his own faulty logic against him.

Now if thats not what he meant then I am wrong and misread what he was trying to say.

I don't care that Tua cannot run or throw like Herbert, how many can?

The only question that matters to me is can you be a successful QB in the NFL with the arm that Tua has? IMO after seeing Manning on the Bronco's throwing ducks on his way to 55 TD's and seeing Pennington have success that was only derailed due to injury which took away what little arm strength he had to begin with, and seeing Brees and his accomplishments I say the answer is yes. But that's just me.

I'm not sure if you meant to ask this how it's coming off but I'll answer as it reads.

The most successful recipe for making a successful QB is good coaching, a complimentary run game if not a dominant one, good weapons that compliment each other (like having 3 tall jump ball players is not very complimentary) with at least 1-2 players that can score from anywhere, and an above average OL.
Actually I meant QB specific traits, but you knew that. You just don't like the ramifications of an honest answer. I could be mistaken,l in that but whatever.

As to your actual answer, I wholeheartedly agree with everything you stated. It just means the actual QB may not be as important as one might think.

Back
Top Bottom