Tua being slighted among the future of AFC QBs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua being slighted among the future of AFC QBs

Brees, during the latter part of his career, has been at the pinnacle of the mental part of the game, no doubt about it.

The fact is, though, that the overall success is also a function the coach and system.

We won10 games with a horrible, pick the reasons why, offense. I think we are going to be successful regardless of whether Tua is elite, or if he is even the QB in two years.

My point is, Brees is a needle in a haystack that was fortunate Sean Payton and he came together, at the right time.

I guess I am of the belief that Payton and Brees complimented each other, rather than one or the other being a "driving" force.
Tua is a needle in a haystack the Comp to Doug Flutie who was a Great athlete was fitting - but Flutie played less cerebral a lot of his game looks like a miniature JA

Brees is a better comp in my op

Funny how the people who were the most irrational with their criticism of Tannehill who is a real franchise QB, defend lil Tua to the hilt lmao. Dudes got a LOOOOOONG ways to go, IF he can even get there...

Guy in your avatar drafted him. And traded Tannehill to the Titans for nothing. How stupid are you really?

because tua will be in nfc after trade to saint!
Another year like his rookie season, I’ll pack his bags...

Daniel Jones will improve with Bama weapons as well.

Guy in your avatar drafted him. And traded Tannehill to the Titans for nothing. How stupid are you really?
Incorrect, Ireland drafted him. Grier traded him because the NFL is a business and the fan base turned on him. Watch what happens in Philly and that guy traded up for Wentz AND gave him the big bucks.

Another year like his rookie season, I’ll pack his bags...

Daniel Jones will improve with Bama weapons as well.

Apparently there's no end to it.

Funny how the people who were the most irrational with their criticism of Tannehill who is a real franchise QB, defend lil Tua to the hilt lmao. Dudes got a LOOOOOONG ways to go, IF he can even get there...
Nah its more the defenders of Rosen that have given Tua the short leash. Thats really the common denominator. If anyone wants to rely on their judgment of the QB position, more power to them.

I guess I just don't know what value the comparison has, then.

If all you are saying is you think he deserves more time, no need to bring Allen into it, at all.

The difference is, Allen had a chance to improve his accuracy, and read skills. Tua isn't going to learn to be 6'4, have a canon for an arm, or be the runner JA is.

I like Tua, but his situation isn't comparabe to JAs, as a rookie.

Sure it is. They were both rookies at one point in time and struggled to adapt as professionals. Those seem like common elements that can be compared.

In a great many people's minds Allen had far more to overcome than Tua at this stage in his career. And the man put in the work to get to the point where he's now performing with the elites at the position. I don't quite buy into the narrative of his superstar ascension but his progression is impressive nonetheless.

I've seen far too many physically imposing QBs fail and those who were 'limited' prosper to write off Tua. The kid can make plays with his legs and put the ball in places that would make Montana and Griese blush. Hes got a long ways to go in the mental game but I trust if he really wants it and is willing to put in the work he'll get there.

Nah its more the defenders of Rosen that have given Tua the short leash. Thats really the common denominator. If anyone wants to rely on their judgment of the QB position, more power to them.
I think it’s more of that some fans look at Tua and see limitations...hopefully he develops! I think this is what the article referred too when they “slighted” Miami by correctly stating that many doubt him.

Back
Top Bottom