“Tua can’t play against man coverage.” | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“Tua can’t play against man coverage.”

Like Marino, Tua’s skill set is an OLs best friend when it comes to sacks.

This year’s pass attempts / sacks ratio

Tua = 27/1

Bridgewater = 10/1

Skylar = 8.7/1

Overall…

Tua…216 pass attempts; 8 sacks

Bridgewater & ST…86 pass attempts; 9 sacks

We see the lowest % of man coverage in the NFL for a reason. You can't guard this offense with man coverage because we have 2 #1 receivers who you can't cover with man.

Tua = 27/1

Bridgewater = 10/1

Skylar = 8.7/1

Overall…

Yup.

I said this in a different thread. This O line is not as good as Tua makes it look.

It is absolutely better than last year, but not by a lot.

No matter how good 3 of your starters are..... it's irrelevant when your RT and LG don't even grade out at starter level quality.

Hopefully Jackson proves me right and becomes a legit RT.

Finding a competent LG with a 2nd and 2 3rds should be doable in the draft

We see the lowest % of man coverage in the NFL for a reason. You can't guard this offense with man coverage because we have 2 #1 receivers who you can't cover with man.

Yup yup.

Plus we have a QB who's great at timing and anticipation. He knows how to throw his WRS open

When DBS are playing Waddle and Hill 10- 15 yards off, they are going to kill zone all day long.

This is why we may not see those 60 yards tds, but we see a bunch of those 17-30 yard gains.

Zone or man doesn't matter.

Browns have the highest rated zone coverage linebackers in the history of the sport right now so I doubt they're going to play man anyway.

Tua = 27/1

Bridgewater = 10/1

Skylar = 8.7/1

Overall…

I don't think most people realize that the OL, while vastly improved, is still well below average in terms of pass pro. After that first game, Little was a disaster. Most people just look at results, so a better scheme and Tua masked things. But Little was on the same level as what we had at T last year. Armstead and Williams were clear upgrades. Eich was decent as a run blocker but his pass pro was still a liability. The issue is that you're often as good as your weakest link. We still have a few weak links that kept our OL pass pro well below average.

Now I do think that Shell has been an upgrade over Little. And I think AJ is a bit better than Shell in pass pro as well. I don't have Jones as better than Eich, but also not worse. So overall, if we can stay healthy, I expect that our OL can be better over the second half of the season. I'm still hopeful that by playoff time we can be close to league average.

Browns have the highest rated zone coverage linebackers in the history of the sport right now so I doubt they're going to play man anyway.

These are the games I love in Madden. I would destroy their rankings on purpose.

Like when I play the Bills.... I see that stupid #1 defense and or run defense ranking. I change the setting to easy..... make sure I rack up over 1000 yards and 100 points.

No way I will let Buffalo have high rankings. Especially when I can literally control it.

Every play is a Go route to Hill. He's made history a few times in my superstar mode lol.

Not surprising, but I don't know what you do as a D. Tua is dicing zone defenses - moving LB's with his eyes, getting the ball out before they can react.

On the 4th down Miami missed to Gesicki, Chicago played man but doubled both Hill and Waddle. Gesicki couldn't separate vs man. Maybe that's the best plan? I don't think it'd slow the offense much. I think Tua and McDaniel would find answers, but it might be the best of the bad options.

But, yeah, it's amazing because the OL is still bad, but it doesn't matter too much, because Tua gets the ball out so quick, and he's making the right read consistently, and he's pushing the ball downfield.
The dolphins should have ran a pitch to that side, Double both Wr mean let run the rock, Cleveland will do the same thing so the running back will have to be hit on screens plays because the double team will have to happen down the field.

Hill and Waddle doubled on the left side is like using cheat codes in real life.

At least someone who matters noticed for years the receivers couldn't get separation and did something about it
I think part of it was the recievers, but part of it was also the scheme, playcalling and coaching. Hell I wouldn't be shocked if this offense made Jakeem Grant look like a decent 5th or 6th wr/returner. Sure Grant might still be dropping a few passes here and there, but I think we would have seen him make more plays too. Definately would have been a better version of himself than we saw under Flores.

They went back under their troll bridge until Tua has a bad game, which every QB has during a regular season.

Exactly, but what makes Tua special is, even when he has that bad game, he still does enough for his team to rarely lose.

LG and RT have been bottom of the league, and OL is a weak-link unit, meaning you'd rather have average play from all 5 than a couple great player and a couple awful ones. PFF has Miami ranked as the 3rd worst OL in pass pro. Tua mitigates a lot of it by getting the ball out so quickly, but it'd be a big problem for QB's who hold the ball longer, and it shows up more when Miami operates from under Center.
Doesn't matter, Tua gets the ball off quick enough. I would love to see the line get better, but I think they are doing a good enough job so far. Let them continue to work together and they will get better.

Back
Top Bottom