Tua Contract Negotiations Start | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Contract Negotiations Start

Whom are your referring to?

It’s a simple yes or no question.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Well, if you don't like being the butt of jokes, stop being a butt...... Or develop a thicker skin....

If you can't see that the vast majority of members are either tired of the rhetoric, or so disinterested they don't even bother with you, what are we to think?

You don't take hints. You don't respond to being asked nicely. You just want to go on and on.

At what point is enough, enough? At what point can one just assume you are either obsessed, doing it for attention, or just plain like to argue? Do you really even care what others think?

I will make this serious suggestion if you are not simply a troll. Try looking at things from others' perspectives once in a while. Ask yourself why you often get the backlash you do. Maybe some self introspection about it.
Great post. In my mind, after this thread he is definitely trolling so I've added him to ignore. If he's not trolling then he's someone who just can't see any other point of view but his own (and fails to understand that his own opinion isn't always the correct one) so there isn't much point in interacting with him anyway.

I'm sure he will be paid like he's one the best QBs in the league. He better start playing like it more consistently!

I don't hate on him, but there has been a point in each of the last two seasons where he was on pace for more than 35+ TDs. He was, in fact, leading the league in TD passes going into the second half of the season last year. As you can clearly see, he ended up with 29 TD passes. It's less about where he ended the season and more about how he had to take a complete detour in order to end up there as opposed to leading the league in the category.

And of course, in the end, it's all about winning the games. His team went from leading the division to being the wild card, and then to being a first round exit.

I simply expect even better from him, and at $55M/year we should all expect playoff wins. He's a very good QB we should hope to keep, but is keeping him going to hurt the rest of the roster?

I guess receivers regularly dropping TD passes during relevant period has nothing to do with it. 😂

No different than any other QB that signs a deal. Not sure why this is a question only dolphin fans apply to their QB.
Yea, we waited almost 25 years to have a QB worth a crap and now some want to pay him like he's a backup. I mean Dan never won the big one but we all cherish him and believe me that's not a slight on him at all, he is/was a men amongst boys

Whom are you referring to?

Can't speak for the @phinsforlife but I think he's commenting on something very real which is the confusion some have between out-bidding everyone else (e.g. 'paying market value' which is a phrase many have used) and the two parties negotiating an extension (or technically a replacement) to a currently-existing deal.

Many posters have confused the two ideas leading to what sounds like a Tua>Team perspective.

Of course, there are also a few folks out there that really do view Tua as an fully "elite" QB. For them, Tua probably is more important than the roster itself. I wouldn't disagree if I thought my QB was truly at the top of the rankings. If you gave me Mahomes by himself or the entire Chiefs roster, I'd take Mahomes in a heartbeat.

I also think there's an interesting conversation that could be had about how Tua's image will change once he's extended. Some will use that as proof he's validated. While that's naive and kind of stupid (merely ranking QBs based on salary), I do think that the media will be a bit more friendly to him knowing that for better or worse, he really is the face of the Miami Dolphins franchise and that if nothing else it won't serve a point to continue dumping on him.

I think that's something we're all kind of ready for--an end to the constant questioning. People did the same thing with Dak and while the questions were never really put to bed, they did die down once it was clear the Cowboys weren't immediately moving on from him.

Last edited:
No different than any other QB that signs a deal. Not sure why this is a question only dolphin fans apply to their QB.

I'm far more worried about how often the Dolphins defense makes Josh Allen look like God than I am whether or not Miami's veteran QB is able to run the offensive show without the roster being top of world.

We've had plenty of opportunities to build a great defense with Tua on a cheap rookie deal and we've failed. Unlike so many division rivals that seem to contain the elite QBs in their division (something we actually did well with Brady!) we seem unable to do that with Josh Allen.

It's not going to be Tua's price-tag that stops Miami from winning, it's going to be whether or not they can field a reasonable defense. Having less money to spend does theoretically make that harder but heck, we haven't been able to do it while throwing picks & money at the problem.

I'm far more worried about how often the Dolphins defense makes Josh Allen look like God than I am whether or not Miami's veteran QB is able to run the offensive show without the roster being top of world.

We've had plenty of opportunities to build a great defense with Tua on a cheap rookie deal and we've failed. Unlike so many division rivals that seem to contain the elite QBs in their division (something we actually did well with Brady!) we seem unable to do that with Josh Allen.

It's not going to be Tua's price-tag that stops Miami from winning, it's going to be whether or not they can field a reasonable defense. Having less money to spend does theoretically make that harder but heck, we haven't been able to do it while throwing picks & money at the problem.
Great point. I always say priority 1 is winning the division and like the Pats for the last decade plus now it's the Bills. Bye and home field would be lovely and could be the catalyst we need.

Great point. I always say priority 1 is winning the division and like the Pats for the last decade plus now it's the Bills. Bye and home field would be lovely and could be the catalyst we need.

Yeah, it's a dead horse that gets beat a lot, how "winning the Division" is the best way into the Playoffs but the reality is that you just can't be more than a middle-tier team if you aren't.

If you're goal is to be a 12-, 13- or 14-win type of team, it's virtually impossible to do that without winning your division.

I think what people worry about is whether McDaniel & Tua can do enough to take the Dolphins beyond where they were with Gase/Tannehill and later Flores/Tua. If we're consistently a 10-win team, that's great and it is a form of improvement, but we're still pretty unlikely to do much from there if it means going through KC or Buffalo on the road.

We have to at some point win the AFC East and play some home Playoff games!

Can't speak for the @phinsforlife but I think he's commenting on something very real which is the confusion some have between out-bidding everyone else (e.g. 'paying market value' which is a phrase many have used) and the two parties negotiating an extension (or technically a replacement) to a currently-existing deal.

Many posters have confused the two ideas leading to what sounds like a Tua>Team perspective.

Of course, there are also a few folks out there that really do view Tua as an fully "elite" QB. For them, Tua probably is more important than the roster itself. I wouldn't disagree if I thought my QB was truly at the top of the rankings. If you gave me Mahomes by himself or the entire Chiefs roster, I'd take Mahomes in a heartbeat.

I also think there's an interesting conversation that could be had about how Tua's image will change once he's extended. Some will use that as proof he's validated. While that's naive and kind of stupid (merely ranking QBs based on salary), I do think that the media will be a bit more friendly to him knowing that for better or worse, he really is the face of the Miami Dolphins franchise and that if nothing else it won't serve a point to continue dumping on him.

I think that's something we're all kind of ready for--an end to the constant questioning. People did the same thing with Dak and while the questions were never really put to bed, they did die down once it was clear the Cowboys weren't immediately moving on from him.
Yeah I doubt Tua making $45M-$50M per year will have any sort of positive impact on the media. Now every time he has a bad game, which he will because every single QB in the NFL does, the media will bring the contract he signed into the debate.

Tua will be part of the media discussion for the rest of his career, regardless of the numbers he continues to put up.

Yeah I doubt Tua making $45M-$50M per year will have any sort of positive impact on the media. Now every time he has a bad game, which he will because every single QB in the NFL does, the media will bring the contract he signed into the debate.

Tua will be part of the media discussion for the rest of his career, regardless of the numbers he continues to put up.
Tua never gets a free pass with the media, Herbert/Burrow do be it a poor game or injury.

Amazing how good a QB can be when his Oline can give him 3 seconds to throw and when his receivers don’t drop 18+ TD passes per year.

Back
Top Bottom