Tua Contract Negotiations Start | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Contract Negotiations Start

Note to self. Check the cap increases before worrying.
Sorry he’s not worth it if you factor in salary cap increases, no state income tax, EBT cards, or wealthy owner government subsidies….not worried as I will still be a fan!
Go 🐬🐬

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I doubt Tua making $45M-$50M per year will have any sort of positive impact on the media. Now every time he has a bad game, which he will because every single QB in the NFL does, the media will bring the contract he signed into the debate.

Tua will be part of the media discussion for the rest of his career, regardless of the numbers he continues to put up.

Tua never gets a free pass with the media, Herbert/Burrow do be it a poor game or injury.

Tua will get his butt licked when he has the size and the arm of Herbert or leads his team(s) to Championship games like Burrow.

Expecting the media to fawn over someone who's physically underwhelming, plagued by injury and ends up on the wrong side of big games is just being unrealistic.

Winning cures everything so we'd better hope Miami does it.

Tua will get his butt licked when he has the size and the arm of Herbert or leads his team(s) to Championship games like Burrow.

Expecting the media to fawn over someone who's physically underwhelming, plagued by injury and ends up on the wrong side of big games is just being unrealistic.

Tua hasn't been injured any more than Burrow or Herbert and has put up similar numbers. Tua's first years were also stymied by inept coaching. My point is he gets a lot of disrespect and I think it would take a lot more than an AFC championship to relax the criticism because most pundits would credit Reek and others vs Tua. That being said he needs to show up in the big ones, but Lamar still gets slurped on as does the other ones mentioned for pretty much having a career parallel to Tua.

Tua hasn't been injured any more than Burrow or Herbert and has put up similar numbers. Tua's first years were also stymied by inept coaching. My point is he gets a lot of disrespect and I think it would take a lot more than an AFC championship to relax the criticism because most pundits would credit Reek and others vs Tua. That being said he needs to show up in the big ones, but Lamar still gets slurped on as does the other ones mentioned for pretty much having a career parallel to Tua.

First...

If I have to explain why Burrow became so beloved to football fans across the nation I don't know what to say. You had to have watched LSU's remarkable 2019 season. Think about how talented that QB class was and consider what it took for Burrow to be the unanimous #1 overall pick. Even everyone here would've taken Burrow if Miami was sitting at #1.

And if taking Cincinnati to the Super Bowl 2 years later while beating great teams in the Playoffs on the road doesn't tick a box, I don't know what does. Talk to me when Miami's offense has done that.

Underplaying someone else's QB/offense because it's been so successful comes off like all those fans who talked so much crap about Brady. The fact that Burrow did that while suffering an ACL injury as a rookie only adds to how impressive those accomplishments were.

Burrow isn't my team's QB but he's a remarkably talented player and he deserves the utmost respect. Knocking him and talking as though all QBs should get the same level of respect is just wrong. The NFL is about results and like it or not, Burrow has delivered incredibly in that department.

Second...

Talking about how bad Tua's coaching was also doesn't make a ton of sense because people love to talk up Tua's W/L record which is partly based on how those Flores-led teams did. If those teams were really that bad (like Herbert's have been) then Tua's W/L record wouldn't be what it is.

What you're really telling me is that Tua wasn't in a "Tua-friendly" offense in '20 and '21 like he is now and that he became less productive as a result and was unhappy and entirely distressed WRT his own abilities.

That's all old news at this point, but the fact that Miami was surely considering what options they'd have in replacing him and needed to go out and spend millions to build an unconventional offense around him is exactly what creates questions about a guys universal value.

The national media doesn't love Tua because you couldn't just plug him into any type of offense and get elite highlights. Why that's shocking to some I don't know.

Miami went well out of their way to make Tua successful. Now it's time for Tua and this offense to do what we saw Brady and Burrow do on their teams--lead us to wins in big games. To this point we've had very little of that.

Oh boy, now you’ve done it Mello, you have awaken the beast that is Cicumstances in 1…2…3…

hahahaha so wait the media should fawn over Herbert because he's big and has a big arm even though Tua has played much better the last two years than him? Herbert has shown nothing more than Tua, absolutely nothing more.

Also, nobody said the media should fawn over Tua. Let's just start with evaluating him the same way they evaluate other QB's and go from there.

I'd like to test this hypothesis. Let's at least make the AFC Championship and then discuss how much respect or not, that Tua gets. I also wouldn't say Tua has had a parallel career to Lamar unless I missed a couple MVP's, #1 seed and AFC Championship game appearance by Tua.

Herbert ain't won **** compared to Tua but you fawn over him.

Also, nobody said the media should fawn over Tua.

Well, that's just changing facts.

It's very obvious that many Dolphins fans are extremely jealous of the national media praising other QBs and not doing so with Tua.

Like it or not, people want national respect. You can't block that out. Fans certainly can't. They crave that national buzz. Unfortunately, Miami's not getting that upper tier respect until they win something.

And no, until Tua can throw it 80 yards at a pro-day no one's going to fawn over him based on his physical potential. That's just a fact that fans have to make peace with. Tua is the type of QB that has to do it through wins and clutch performances.

Obviously, my issue here isn't with Tua as much as it's with biased fans who always want an equal amount of attention and praise to go to Miami even when they lose, often doing so tripping over their own two feet. The NFL doesn't work that way. Either you're praised for your physical attributes like Herbert, Murray, Lawrence and Jackson are or you're praised for winning in the clutch.

Tua's option is to win in the clutch. So far, this offense has come up short so the fans can eat it. Miami will get love when they earn it in Dec-Jan.

I root for the Dolphins but I'm not going to bluster and blow smoke about our horrible record in Dec-Jan. That just sounds pathetic and out of touch.

I'd like to test this hypothesis. Let's at least make the AFC Championship and then discuss how much respect or not, that Tua gets. I also wouldn't say Tua has had a parallel career to Lamar unless I missed a couple MVP's, #1 seed and AFC Championship game appearance by Tua.
I'd like to add let's win the division a year or two in a row first but it ain't all on Tua and I have no man love for him. Our coaching and team dynamics/health have been just as "at fault" for the lack of success as Tua.

Back
Top Bottom