Tua Contract Negotiations Start | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Contract Negotiations Start

We haven’t had a QB like Tua since Dan Marino.

Seriously.

Yet mofos want us to trade him away because (1) he will cost too much and (2) he isn’t that good. That’s what they argue.

Ask Dan Marino if Tua is any good. I’m sure Dan will say something along the lines of, yes, Tua is good enough to get us there. We will need a solid D to win it all. Can’t do it without a solid D.

The numbers don’t lie.

The national title doesn’t lie.

The steady improvement each season in the NFL doesn’t lie.

We haven’t had a QB like Tua since Dan Marino.

Seriously.

Yet mofos want us to trade him away because (1) he will cost too much and (2) he isn’t that good. That’s what they argue.

Ask Dan Marino if Tua is any good. I’m sure Dan will say something along the lines of, yes, Tua is good enough to get us there. We will need a solid D to win it all. Can’t do it without a solid D.

The numbers don’t lie.

The national title doesn’t lie.

The steady improvement each season in the NFL doesn’t lie.
Take all those mofos to the fcckin train station.
IYKYK. :)
yellowstone-train-station-canyon-wyoming-sign.jpg

Last edited:
First...

If I have to explain why Burrow became so beloved to football fans across the nation I don't know what to say. You had to have watched LSU's remarkable 2019 season. Think about how talented that QB class was and consider what it took for Burrow to be the unanimous #1 overall pick. Even everyone here would've taken Burrow if Miami was sitting at #1.

And if taking Cincinnati to the Super Bowl 2 years later while beating great teams in the Playoffs on the road doesn't tick a box, I don't know what does. Talk to me when Miami's offense has done that.

Underplaying someone else's QB/offense because it's been so successful comes off like all those fans who talked so much crap about Brady. The fact that Burrow did that while suffering an ACL injury as a rookie only adds to how impressive those accomplishments were.

Burrow isn't my team's QB but he's a remarkably talented player and he deserves the utmost respect. Knocking him and talking as though all QBs should get the same level of respect is just wrong. The NFL is about results and like it or not, Burrow has delivered incredibly in that department.
This is a load of nonsense. If Cincinnati's defensive coordinator never came up with a genius adjustment at the half to stop the Kansas City offense in that playoff game, Joe Burrow never would have went to the Super Bowl that year, no chance, zero. If that Super Bowl game doesn't happen you would see an awful lot of "Is Burrow an injury-prone Bust??" type of headlines this off-season. The guy has the potential to be a very good NFL QB but hasn't done anything to receive those kind of accolades.

I don't care much about what other teams quarterbacks do,just ours and the comparisons are getting kind of old. The sooner this deal gets over with the better imo.

This is a load of nonsense. If Cincinnati's defensive coordinator never came up with a genius adjustment at the half to stop the Kansas City offense in that playoff game, Joe Burrow never would have went to the Super Bowl that year, no chance, zero. If that Super Bowl game doesn't happen you would see an awful lot of "Is Burrow an injury-prone Bust??" type of headlines this off-season. The guy has the potential to be a very good NFL QB but hasn't done anything to receive those kind of accolades.

If I remember correctly, didn't the Bengals benefit from a travesty of a call in that Raiders game? The play where the refs blew the whistle and the play dead. The defenders Cleary stoped and the WR who caught the TD delayed celebrating, by his own admission, because he thought the play was dead? Whats worse is they discussed it and openly disobeyed the league rules that have been around for decades.

Also, wasn't this the playoffs that made their kicker the new hot thing for next year's fantasy teams lol.

No one can take the SB appearance away from Burrow. But it was a complete team effort. Without the kicker and defense they never even sniff the AFC Championship game.

If I remember correctly, didn't the Bengals benefit from a travesty of a call in that Raiders game? The play where the refs blew the whistle and the play dead. The defenders Cleary stoped and the WR who caught the TD delayed celebrating, by his own admission, because he thought the play was dead? Whats worse is they discussed it and openly disobeyed the league rules that have been around for decades.

Also, wasn't this the playoffs that made their kicker the new hot thing for next year's fantasy teams lol.

No one can take the SB appearance away from Burrow. But it was a complete team effort. Without the kicker and defense they never even sniff the AFC Championship game.
Funny how that sounds like the early to mid 2000 Patriots.

Funny how that sounds like the early to mid 2000 Patriots.

This is true.

There are things that happen over the course of a season that help or hurt teams advancements.

Of course, the QB is the most important position and rightfully gets the majority of credit or blame.

But a few things that happened over the course of the season changed outcomes, marchup ets.

There is 1 very specific play that changed Miams whole season. It wasn't a whole game or an offense or defense collapse.

Miami was a Kadarius Toney offsides away from the east title and a home playoff game against the Steelers.

I am sure, though can't be proven, that the worries or narrative of Tua would be vastly different, in a positive way, if that 1 offsides doesn't happen.

They say, sometimes it's better to be lucky then good.

Josh Allen got a 1st round game against the Steeler not because of his actual play. Again, a bounce off of a helmet TD and a punt returned for a TD gave them the East.

Of course, this is not to say Tua didn't benefit from luck, or clutch kicking or defense at times.

But there's more to playoff success or how far you go then just your QB.

It's a team game for a reason.

Certain QBS will obviously get you more wins, but no QB does it alone.

The 49ers are SB Champions I'd not for that Chiefs defense and kicker. The Chiefs did not win that game because of Mahomes. But his team gave him a chance and they won

Well, no fan base out woulda, coulda, shoulda’s the MD fan base for sure, we are still number 1 there at least. Bla bla bla, Burrow nothing, bla bla bla, Allen nothing, bla bla bla, Tua wins big and narrative changed, Eureka! Would be nice to see this outside our collective imagination at some point.

1715566068609.png

Does that mean people should be asking whether Tua is an "injury-prone bust?"

If you want to crap on Burrow, that's fine by me, just do the fair thing and spend an equal amount of time crapping on Tua as well because he's not any different.

Funny how we have to be positive about our guys but we have to be negative about other teams' guys. It's almost like the expectation is that we all act stupidly.

Last edited:
Well, no fan base out woulda, coulda, shoulda’s the MD fan base for sure, we are still number 1 there at least. Bla bla bla, Burrow nothing, bla bla bla, Allen nothing, bla bla bla, Tua wins big and narrative changed, Eureka! Would be nice to see this outside our collective imagination at some point.

Yeah, unfortunately decades of failure have made this fanbase really insecure to the point that even saying such things gets you labeled a traitor.

This is true.

There are things that happen over the course of a season that help or hurt teams advancements.

Of course, the QB is the most important position and rightfully gets the majority of credit or blame.

But a few things that happened over the course of the season changed outcomes, marchup ets.

There is 1 very specific play that changed Miams whole season. It wasn't a whole game or an offense or defense collapse.

Miami was a Kadarius Toney offsides away from the east title and a home playoff game against the Steelers.

I am sure, though can't be proven, that the worries or narrative of Tua would be vastly different, in a positive way, if that 1 offsides doesn't happen.

They say, sometimes it's better to be lucky then good.

Josh Allen got a 1st round game against the Steeler not because of his actual play. Again, a bounce off of a helmet TD and a punt returned for a TD gave them the East.

Of course, this is not to say Tua didn't benefit from luck, or clutch kicking or defense at times.

But there's more to playoff success or how far you go then just your QB.

It's a team game for a reason.

Certain QBS will obviously get you more wins, but no QB does it alone.

The 49ers are SB Champions I'd not for that Chiefs defense and kicker. The Chiefs did not win that game because of Mahomes. But his team gave him a chance and they won

The Bills ended their regular season with 5 straight wins which began when they traveled to Arrowhead and ended when they beat the Dolphins on the road--who many here think are a great team. That's not luck and it's not Kadarius Toney who did that. If Miami were strong enough to achieve such a feat you'd be bragging. You'd be saying, 'that's why we won a Playoff game even in a down season!'

But we can't say that. Only the Bills can.

The Dolphins ended their season with 3 straight losses to the AFC's best teams confirming that they are definitely not an elite AFC team.

I'd rather face facts and be honest about what happened than try and say it was merely bad luck and a couple of fluke plays. It wasn't. There are serious structural issues with Miami's offense and we saw that repeatedly.

I don't care much about what other teams quarterbacks do,just ours and the comparisons are getting kind of old. The sooner this deal gets over with the better imo.

I don't know what to tell you, man. It's competition.

How people rank matters as it's a huge part of what determines the outcome.

Maybe outcomes don't matter to you but I find sports a questionable usage of your time if indeed you don't care.

Back
Top Bottom