Tua could play this year | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua could play this year

Tom's out. If Mike needs help who better to advise him than his father!! That's my Godfather reference for the day. As far as QB we have a 38 year old and a kid just coming off a very serious hip injury, keep Rosen until we see how all this shakes out. I have high hopes for the oline to finally be decent to average!! That's a massive step up for this team and it will rocket the offence into respectability in both the run game and through the air. Tua is the man and will likely be the best QB one day one but Fitz is the opening day QB imo.

Tua might be ready, but if the line isn't? Hasn't the struggle at qb and even extended to the run game, been the line? I mean we did basically replace all 5 starters from last year. I think you have under-estimated the importance of a line and how long it takes to come together.
Bengals ,jets ari all need better offensive
line also. I can name more but Tua need experience..he need learn how win in nfl.. it his team..

I just think Flores is a “best player plays” coach. If Tua is the best he plays.
Remember this Bridgewater was way better than Arnold.. jets let Bridgewater go. For reasons...

Remember this Bridgewater was way better than Arnold.. jets let Bridgewater go. For reasons...

They never intended to keep him, they signed him in hopes he would have high trade value for a QB needy team.

They had just traded up for and drafted Darnold.

is there any possibility fitzpatrick is released? do you really use 3 spots on qb? i was thinkin about this last night...

i mean tua is your guy obviously but you also have a young qb in Rosen under contract this season and next and youre not paying him alot...if im not mistaken fitz is getting paid like 8 million this season and has no future here.

If the plan is to sit Tua because his hip needs time or whatever wouldnt it benefit the organization to just let Rosen play regardless of the results?

Itll be his 3rd year in the league, so why not see what he has? if he sucks then you know he just sucks, but....if he does good it allows you more time to let tua heal (if thats why hes not starting) and you now have trade value with Rosen on something other than his age and "potential" of the unknown...i mean at this point i dont think anyones giving more than a 4th for Rosen and thats just on his unknown potential of being a 1st round pick and still young.

at the end of the day this is Tuas team, he is the face of the franchise and will be starting as soon as he possibly can in my opinion...if tua is healthy i see no benefit to him sitting, especially in a year where he wouldnt have ridiculous expectations from the fanbase. I think most people would accept some growing pains knowing that hes at least getting the practice and game reps even if the results arent great from the start. Youre just prolonging the "rebuild" even longer if hes not out there building chemistry with DVP and Gesicki...

If its me i release Fitz and let him go to a team who could use him for a season, i like fitz and all but if he has a legit shot at getting some playing time somewhere else, even new england, id let him go. His career is almost over and once Tua makes it onto the field theres no going back like with Rosen last year...

So id keep Rosen and if Tua needs some time Rosen gets the nod until hes ready.

Sounds like you would release Fitz and start Rosen ...
that would degrade the leadership and continuity of what we built last year and remove a veteran presence who is familiar with our new OC and probably familiar with whatever scheme he has designed

Fitz also will have a better command and insight to the OL due to his experience.... so we lose that presence as well...

Flores proved to me last year he wants to win NOW ... I doubt he would consider letting Fitz walk even IF Rosen has excelled from what we've seen ... I doubt Flo would be on board with a Fitz trade to help another team ... especially a divisional foe ...

Probably a QB on PS or try to trade one of the bottom 2 ...

Sounds like you would release Fitz and start Rosen ...
that would degrade the leadership and continuity of what we built last year and remove a veteran presence who is familiar with our new OC and probably familiar with whatever scheme he has designed

Fitz also will have a better command and insight to the OL due to his experience.... so we lose that presence as well...

Flores proved to me last year he wants to win NOW ... I doubt he would consider letting Fitz walk even IF Rosen has excelled from what we've seen ... I doubt Flo would be on board with a Fitz trade to help another team ... especially a divisional foe ...

Probably a QB on PS or try to trade one of the bottom 2 ...
too me flores need get Fitzpatrick out his mind and develop one of these younger qb.. winning 4 or 6 games w Fitzpatrick. Still ain't winning. I understand if tua is hurt. But if he is not than he need be focus point

too me flores need get Fitzpatrick out his mind and develop one of these younger qb.. winning 4 or 6 games w Fitzpatrick. Still ain't winning. I understand if tua is hurt. But if he is not than he need be focus point
Do you read any of the news articles about the dolphins, because in one of those news articles it specifically states that Fitz is here and wants to help develop our younger quarterbacks. Almost every successful quarterback in the NFL has had a veteran presents to help mentor them.

i understand the mentor thought process but is anything fitz is gonna tell tua or rosen going to be more important than the reps in practice and in game that he would be taking from them? i mean why cant Dan Marino be his mentor?

fitz was the perfect qb for our "transition" year...rosen wasnt ready and fitz was important to keeping the development of guys like DVP and Gesicki moving forward...he gave you a chance to win as well as being able to give a legit assessment on the other players on offense...if we played Rosen, Flores wouldve had alot more questions than answers going into the offseason in regards to the roster

im fine with it if they decide to keep fitz, i personally like him but i find it hard to believe they keep 3 qbs and Rosen is the more valuable in my opinion.

Another thing is if this is tuas team and he is gonna be the leader then let him grab the bull by the horns and make this his team...i said a few weeks ago, i know fitz is looked at as a leader by the locker room and sometimes a young guy might not come in and assert himself as the vocal leader with a respected veteran ahead of him out of respect as to not step on any toes....of course this isnt ALWAYS the case and i dont know what actually goes on between the players but if its me im not delaying the rebuild, im giving tua the keys and let him take charge as the leader...

like i said i totally understand the idea of the older qb mentoring your young franchise guy, if the team was already a winning team...i think our circumstance calls for a different approach. Were a young team who was projected to not win a single game last year. Tua needs to play and he needs to grow alongside the other guys, not watch fitz throw up prayers to DVP from the sideline.

Fitzpatrick's value is as an on-field mentor, which is why the Marino idea will not work (Marino won't be pacing the sidelines week in and week out).. He is seeing thing in real time during games and can quickly relay that to Tua on the sidelines. And yes, that can be just as important than reps in practice or pre-season games or regular season games (No, I don't think Tua should play this year. In fact, I think we should dump him next season if we can trade up to get Lawrence...but that is wishful thinking here. All statements/opinions I give on Tua are based on him being here long term). Getting Fitz's assessment in real time can greatly lessen the learning curve for Tua. Every QB in the NFL outside of Marino has had a learning curve. Tua will be no different. For the Jets, Josh McCown's value to Sam Darnold cannot be overstated. Fitzpatrick will serve the same role for Tua.

Last edited:
I hope we see Tua early and often, just don't want it rushed health wise. If he's healthy I want to see him but if he's not 100% ready I can wait.

Tua will make dolphins great again or he will set dolphins back five yr

Back
Top Bottom