Tua could play this year | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua could play this year

I hope Tua does start, so we can see what we have in him, show the nfl that he's a good QB, then trade him to a top 3 team to get Lawrence.

You take risks in life, but not hip injury risks. If we are able to get Lawrence, you get him.

Might be the only one but I see more of Stafford than Luck in Lawrence. Hes still very young and clearly has all the talent in the world....just haven't seen too much evidence of separation on the mental side of things. Some games last season were just flat out ugly, and he was very fortunate to have an incredible supporting cast.

It'll be fascinating to see where hes picked if this season goes like the last.

Tua will be fine.. need get more talent around him. If u want him to succeed..he cant try do it all as rookie.. he need good running game with avg oline and good defense help him out at first. As tua get better and used to nfl defense. Sooner tua play better it is for dolphins. Fitzpatrick alright but Tua is what they were looking for.

is there any possibility fitzpatrick is released? do you really use 3 spots on qb? i was thinkin about this last night...

i mean tua is your guy obviously but you also have a young qb in Rosen under contract this season and next and youre not paying him alot...if im not mistaken fitz is getting paid like 8 million this season and has no future here.

If the plan is to sit Tua because his hip needs time or whatever wouldnt it benefit the organization to just let Rosen play regardless of the results?

Itll be his 3rd year in the league, so why not see what he has? if he sucks then you know he just sucks, but....if he does good it allows you more time to let tua heal (if thats why hes not starting) and you now have trade value with Rosen on something other than his age and "potential" of the unknown...i mean at this point i dont think anyones giving more than a 4th for Rosen and thats just on his unknown potential of being a 1st round pick and still young.

at the end of the day this is Tuas team, he is the face of the franchise and will be starting as soon as he possibly can in my opinion...if tua is healthy i see no benefit to him sitting, especially in a year where he wouldnt have ridiculous expectations from the fanbase. I think most people would accept some growing pains knowing that hes at least getting the practice and game reps even if the results arent great from the start. Youre just prolonging the "rebuild" even longer if hes not out there building chemistry with DVP and Gesicki...

If its me i release Fitz and let him go to a team who could use him for a season, i like fitz and all but if he has a legit shot at getting some playing time somewhere else, even new england, id let him go. His career is almost over and once Tua makes it onto the field theres no going back like with Rosen last year...

So id keep Rosen and if Tua needs some time Rosen gets the nod until hes ready.

is there any possibility fitzpatrick is released? do you really use 3 spots on qb? i was thinkin about this last night...

i mean tua is your guy obviously but you also have a young qb in Rosen under contract this season and next and youre not paying him alot...if im not mistaken fitz is getting paid like 8 million this season and has no future here.

If the plan is to sit Tua because his hip needs time or whatever wouldnt it benefit the organization to just let Rosen play regardless of the results?

Itll be his 3rd year in the league, so why not see what he has? if he sucks then you know he just sucks, but....if he does good it allows you more time to let tua heal (if thats why hes not starting) and you now have trade value with Rosen on something other than his age and "potential" of the unknown...i mean at this point i dont think anyones giving more than a 4th for Rosen and thats just on his unknown potential of being a 1st round pick and still young.

at the end of the day this is Tuas team, he is the face of the franchise and will be starting as soon as he possibly can in my opinion...if tua is healthy i see no benefit to him sitting, especially in a year where he wouldnt have ridiculous expectations from the fanbase. I think most people would accept some growing pains knowing that hes at least getting the practice and game reps even if the results arent great from the start. Youre just prolonging the "rebuild" even longer if hes not out there building chemistry with DVP and Gesicki...

If its me i release Fitz and let him go to a team who could use him for a season, i like fitz and all but if he has a legit shot at getting some playing time somewhere else, even new england, id let him go. His career is almost over and once Tua makes it onto the field theres no going back like with Rosen last year...

Fitzpatrick is good not great. He is in way for growth off young qb. What 4 to 6 win with Fitzpatrick.. this year than we dont have qb w no experience when he leave..if Tua is healthy play him from start.. all other number 1 draft pick are playing at qb..

Exactly! You don't give up on a 23 year old QB in (Joshua Rosen) in fact, (J.M.P.O.) he starts and Tua sits just a hunch. Chan Gailey was brought here to mentor Rosen as this is the offense he played in at UCLA. West Coast Offense. Fitz already knows how to run the offense so he backs up or just let him win as many as he can and let Rosen back-up. Let Tua watch and get schooled by Fitz till week 13 (if we are *hitty then throw him out there. But, if we are 9-3 you ride Rosen/Fitz to a playoff berth. Because our defense will be stellar this year in a Hybrid 3-4. Plus, I love Howard/Breida/Ballage/Laird as our runners. Our WR's are bar none the best in the NFL. Parker/Wilson/Williams/Hurns/Grant/Perry(WR/RB)/Ford we'll be amazing. Gesicki and the TE's will have a great season as well. I also believe our OL with LT Davenport LG Deiter C Karras RG Flowers RT Davis. Jackson(LT/RT) too. Will be just fine. PROMISE.

I see a 10-6 season
@Patriots (W)
Bills (W)
@Jaguars (W)
Seahawks (L)
@49ers (L)
@Broncos (W)
Chargers (W)
Rams (W)
@Cardinals (L)
Jets (W)
@jets (L)
Bengals (W)
Chiefs (L)
Patriots (W)
@Raiders (W)
@Bills (L)

10-6 (Wild Card)

Exactly! You don't give up on a 23 year old QB in (Joshua Rosen) in fact, (J.M.P.O.) he starts and Tua sits just a hunch. Chan Gailey was brought here to mentor Rosen as this is the offense he played in at UCLA. West Coast Offense. Fitz already knows how to run the offense so he backs up or just let him win as many as he can and let Rosen back-up. Let Tua watch and get schooled by Fitz till week 13 (if we are *hitty then throw him out there. But, if we are 9-3 you ride Rosen/Fitz to a playoff berth. Because our defense will be stellar this year in a Hybrid 3-4. Plus, I love Howard/Breida/Ballage/Laird as our runners. Our WR's are bar none the best in the NFL. Parker/Wilson/Williams/Hurns/Grant/Perry(WR/RB)/Ford we'll be amazing. Gesicki and the TE's will have a great season as well. I also believe our OL with LT Davenport LG Deiter C Karras RG Flowers RT Davis. Jackson(LT/RT) too. Will be just fine. PROMISE.

I see a 10-6 season
@Patriots (W)
Bills (W)
@Jaguars (W)
Seahawks (L)
@49ers (L)
@Broncos (W)
Chargers (W)
Rams (W)
@Cardinals (L)
Jets (W)
@jets (L)
Bengals (W)
Chiefs (L)
Patriots (W)
@Raiders (W)
@Bills (L)

10-6 (Wild Card)
Good day bro. I think Ballage is on the outside looking in right now, and Laird has a better chance to make the roster, however he will need to bring his A game to make it. Stay safe and well. John

I see a 10-6 season
@Patriots (W)
Bills (W)
@Jaguars (W)
Seahawks (L)
@49ers (L)
@Broncos (W)
Chargers (W)
Rams (W)
@Cardinals (L)
Jets (W)
@jets (L)
Bengals (W)
Chiefs (L)
Patriots (W)
@Raiders (W)
@Bills (L)

10-6 (Wild Card)
I’m sorry but this is just too optimistic most likely....

“Our receivers are the best in the nfl bar none”

What?!

Jackson is also likely starting at LT imo

And just seems like a fat chance RF or JR lead us to 9-3

Good day bro. I think Ballage is on the outside looking in right now, and Laird has a better chance to make the roster, however he will need to bring his A game to make it. Stay safe and well. John
Agreed. The sooner Ballage is gone, the better. He is not a good runningback

Tua needs a mentor and Josh Rosen is not that.
Tua or Rosen won’t dress on game days, my feeling is they will alternate.

As has been stated, RF is the only vet. He stays

didn't they raise the roster to 56? I don't see why Tua and Rosen couldn't suit up

i understand the mentor thought process but is anything fitz is gonna tell tua or rosen going to be more important than the reps in practice and in game that he would be taking from them? i mean why cant Dan Marino be his mentor?

fitz was the perfect qb for our "transition" year...rosen wasnt ready and fitz was important to keeping the development of guys like DVP and Gesicki moving forward...he gave you a chance to win as well as being able to give a legit assessment on the other players on offense...if we played Rosen, Flores wouldve had alot more questions than answers going into the offseason in regards to the roster

im fine with it if they decide to keep fitz, i personally like him but i find it hard to believe they keep 3 qbs and Rosen is the more valuable in my opinion.

Another thing is if this is tuas team and he is gonna be the leader then let him grab the bull by the horns and make this his team...i said a few weeks ago, i know fitz is looked at as a leader by the locker room and sometimes a young guy might not come in and assert himself as the vocal leader with a respected veteran ahead of him out of respect as to not step on any toes....of course this isnt ALWAYS the case and i dont know what actually goes on between the players but if its me im not delaying the rebuild, im giving tua the keys and let him take charge as the leader...

like i said i totally understand the idea of the older qb mentoring your young franchise guy, if the team was already a winning team...i think our circumstance calls for a different approach. Were a young team who was projected to not win a single game last year. Tua needs to play and he needs to grow alongside the other guys, not watch fitz throw up prayers to DVP from the sideline.

Pretty sure the O Line would also attend training camp and play in pre season games. These are professional players. Each person has a job to do and they need to do theirs. Not sure why the only allowed expectation is that Tua automatically loses a bunch of games. He ran a pro offense for a former NFL HC against a murderers row defense each week in the toughest conference in college football and thrived at it. Now he's just going to show up as some empty brain idiot?
No one is saying he is an idiot. Yet you obviously haven’t been paying attention to the offensive line play of the Dolphins for the last several years. Those players were professional players too and they were terrible.

Hopefully the young players the Dolphins drafted and signed to play the offensive line will turn out to be more effective than the offensive lines for the Dolphins in recent years. Yet until the OL develops cohesion and shows they can protect Tua, there is no reason to play him and subject him to multiple hits on his hip.
Eventually he needs to show that he can withstand the hits he is sure to take in the NFL but I hope they let him have at least a year from the date of his surgery before playing him.

He would still be able to start 5 or 6 games during the 2020 season and hopefully the OL would have developed into a solid unit after playing together for 10 or 11 games in the regular season.

Just my opinion, but even if he *completely hypothetically* looked notably better than Fitzpatrick immediately, they would sit sit him at least 3 games to see how the OL does. If the OL is starting to gel and hold their own, and he's already better than Fitzpatrick and cleared to play, they'll play him.

Realistically, he'll prob start to see some sort of playtime in the 2nd half of the season as he gets the reps in the system, the OL gets its act together, and he starts to get acclimated with the game speed. If he doesn't see a start until after week 12-13 I don't think anyone should be disappointed.

I am okay with him sitting this season, but would like him to get as many healthy and safe reps he can this year (aka OL is playing solid and TT is fully healed and good enough to get on the field performance wise).

Back
Top Bottom