Tua has a quicker release time than Dan Marino... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua has a quicker release time than Dan Marino...

I apologize @Joe Dolfan , no I do not have you ignored. Currently I have zero people on ignore.

But, I am applying for jobs and each time I refresh Finheaven.com I see that I have several more quotes and likes so I have been trying to respond to those. I haven't had time to read the thread entirely, and for that I'm sorry. No disrespect intended.
No big deal. I didn't feel disrespected. I just assumed, because I personally try to avoid posting the same thing someone else has posted. I do have more time on my hands than most people, so I can read the other replies before making mine.

Wait, I replied to your comment stating:

The first post in the thread was you saying:
"Actually the quickest ever analysed by this research..."

and a chart. As I stated, I saw the lengthy video comparison of Rodgers and Marino. One comparison clip I quoted (thank you @superphin for posting that) showed a 60+ yard NFL throw of Marino and compared that to a 20+ yard collegiate throw of Tua, then misleadingly concluded Tua was faster. I spent the time explaining why that comparison was not an Apples to Apples comparison. If they want release speed on 20 yard throws, compare one of Marino's fastest releases on a 20 yard throw (where release and velocity are crucial) in the NFL and compare it to one of Tua's fastest releases on a 20 yad throw (where release and velocity are crucial). Otherwise you can get incorrect data by comparing a touch throw with a dart. Of course it takes more wind up to throw 60 yards than 20 or 30 yards. If we wanted to be complete, we would probably repeat this comparison at various depths downfield, like a few 20 yard in the air throws, a few 30 yard in the air throws, a few 60 yard in the air throws. Then we would have data showing the short to long distance release times and see how they compare. It's just good analytics to compare Apples to Apples. It's also good statistics to get a large enough sample size to reduce outliers influence.

You stated "So if I want to write ..." and I replied to that. Then I laid out the basis of a fair and evenhanded analysis. Not sure what you are trying to do. Do you NOT AGREE that comparing similar throws would be a good thing?
The research is based on more than 400 throws from these QBs... They did exactly what you're saying. Its not because they post one example that its the only one they used... Come on man!

from the article:
And that’s exactly what I’ve done here. As it says in the title, I’ve counted the frames and “done the math” on more than 400 throws from the players who I deem to be the top-four quarterback prospects in the 2020 NFL Draft: LSU’s Joe Burrow, Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa, Utah State’s Jordan Love, and Oregon’s Justin Herbert. Now, if you just want to know how much faster Tua’s release is than Joe Burrow’s, or which QB has the strongest arm, skip ahead to the “RESULTS” section. And if you really don’t feel like reading, there’s a TL;DR at the bottom of the page. But if you’re even slightly curious how these results were calculated, I’m going to briefly explain how all of this works before diving into the data.

Whats really baffling to me is that half the posts in this thread are in complete denial that Tua might have a single elite trait... Its a thread about ONE single thing Tua does at a high level and HALF the posts in this thread on a Fins message board are completely trashing on it, flat out wont even read the actual article.

Ok so where does Bob Griesie and his cannon arm play into any of this.

Oh my god!! I have heard it all now. I watched almost every throw of marino's during his career and there is NOBODY with marino's release. NOBODY!! And definately not tua. Where in the world does this garbage come from? Some tua junky or relative? Some geezer with his wrist band watch seeing the last marino game against J-ville on youtube and tried timing the great one?

Please God. Please make grier trade for deshaun watson. I just can't take anymore outlandish tua hype. I can't. Let the 49ers have him so the fans can hear how many more superbowls tua will win than montana and young combined. Let the colts trade for him so colts dolts can fill their board pages with tua is better than johny unitas and all the jets-like "Doodz!! we got tua! SUPERBOWL 2021 CHAMPS BABY!!!".

I am tapping out on tua. It's not his fault and i really like the kid but i was sick of the hype around him before he was drafted!! When he was drafted the miami fans and media just went spit slobbering gonzo with tua worship and i knew his season wasn't going to live up to the hype. It couldnt. No qb could of.

MODS!! PLEASE!!! For all that is good in our universe. Can you please lock up all existing tua threads and ban any and all new ones? Just until tua is either proven a good nfl qb or a bust. Thats all i ask. I will TRIPLE my donation to the site. Pinky Swear!!!

The research is based on more than 400 throws from these QBs... They did exactly what you're saying. Its not because they post one example that its the only one they used... Come on man!

from the article:

Whats really baffling to me is that half the posts in this thread are in complete denial that Tua might have a single elite trait... Its a thread about ONE single thing Tua does at a high level and HALF the posts in this thread on a Fins message board are completely trashing on it, flat out wont even read the actual article.
WTF dude?!?!?!? How many times do I have to say that Tua has elite traits, and that they are decision making, leadership and potentially accuracy.

Look, if you wanna take this somewhere else we can go to PM's and hash this out. It seems you just don't want to discuss things rationally.

from the article:

It’s called tunnel vision. Nothing he does will ever be elite. I’ve come to the conclusion no matter what he does to some fans, he ain’t worth a damn. Those are the ones I tend to ignore.

WTF dude?!?!?!? How many times do I have to say that Tua has elite traits, and that they are decision making, leadership and potentially accuracy.

Look, if you wanna take this somewhere else we can go to PM's and hash this out. It seems you just don't want to discuss things rationally.
Digital, you seem to think these figures are coming from one throw only, I've been trying to explain to you how they came to those conclusions and you simply dont want to listen... Im not the one being irrational here...

Here is a question brother NBP

Who cares if QB A's whatever is a milisecond better than QB B's

I don't. Maybe the stats guys do but it has nothing to do with who's the best QB

Comparing Tua to Marino at this point is ridiculous don't you think ?

Here is a question brother NBP

Who cares if QB A's whatever is a milisecond better than QB B's

I don't. Maybe the stats guys do but it has nothing to do with who's the best QB

Compare Tua to Marino at this point is ridiculous don't you think ?
Well I kind of like the fact the Fins rookie QB shares an elite trait with the best of them all... As a Fins fan, you'd think this would be a good thing, no?

Seems to piss some people off, why?

Well I kind of like the fact the Fins rookie QB shares an elite trait with the best of them all... As a Fins fan, you'd think this would be a good thing, no?

Seems to piss some people off, why?

The question should be what relevance does it have ?

and if people think very little why would that piss you off ?

It's just a stat bro. Good night :cheers:

Digital, you seem to think these figures are coming from one throw only, I've been trying to explain to you how they came to those conclusions and you simply dont want to listen... Im not the one being irrational here...
I responded to a clip you posted. I quoted @superphin because that's where I saw the clip on that page. But your initial post didn't have a link to the article did it?

How about this. Why don't you post a link to the article. Then explain to me why the throws are NOT of the same distance in the clip you posted on page 1. Cool?

I responded to a clip you posted. I quoted @superphin because that's where I saw the clip on that page. But your initial post didn't have a link to the article did it?

How about this. Why don't you post a link to the article. Then explain to me why the throws are NOT of the same distance in the clip you posted on page 1. Cool?
The link is posted on the 1st page AND the 2nd page...

Oh my god!! I have heard it all now. I watched almost every throw of marino's during his career and there is NOBODY with marino's release. NOBODY!! And definately not tua. Where in the world does this garbage come from? Some tua junky or relative? Some geezer with his wrist band watch seeing the last marino game against J-ville on youtube and tried timing the great one?

Please God. Please make grier trade for deshaun watson. I just can't take anymore outlandish tua hype. I can't. Let the 49ers have him so the fans can hear how many more superbowls tua will win than montana and young combined. Let the colts trade for him so colts dolts can fill their board pages with tua is better than johny unitas and all the jets-like "Doodz!! we got tua! SUPERBOWL 2021 CHAMPS BABY!!!".

I am tapping out on tua. It's not his fault and i really like the kid but i was sick of the hype around him before he was drafted!! When he was drafted the miami fans and media just went spit slobbering gonzo with tua worship and i knew his season wasn't going to live up to the hype. It couldnt. No qb could of.

MODS!! PLEASE!!! For all that is good in our universe. Can you please lock up all existing tua threads and ban any and all new ones? Just until tua is either proven a good nfl qb or a bust. Thats all i ask. I will TRIPLE my donation to the site. Pinky Swear!!!
This is amazingly cringe.

He throws a football for a living. He's not a Saint. Believe it or not some QBs have individually better skills than he had. Stronger arm. More accurate. Faster release. Marino was great because he was elite at a bunch of things, not just one.

Stop acting like he's LITERALLY committing sacrilege. It's embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom