Tua has a quicker release time than Dan Marino... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua has a quicker release time than Dan Marino...

Obviously, I'd have to see a lot more of Tua to really speak beyond the following initial thought:

This seems like an example where stats are red herrings and only tell us so much.. I mean the eye test and watching Tua and Marino.. the stat is meaningless in that sense- they are (for now) light years apart in talent and this stat is all math and little reality when putting these two in the same sentence.

Of course, it must be reflecting something positive and I am not knocking that-- or Tua-- Just feels like classic case of what do your eyes say compared to crunched numbers etc

I really doubt that dude sat down and analysed every single QB to ever play in the NFL... Thought that was obvious but guess not...
No it wasn't when a guy that has been retired for 20 years is on the list. Why is Marino on there because the guy is a Dolphin fan? Because his release was legendary? Why the Hell was Kizer included?

Nice find but just another useless stat that can be made to be used anyway you want it to fit a narrative. Comparing a legend like Marino who threw with conviction to a rookie who lacked confidence doesn't pass the smell test.

No it wasn't when a guy that has been retired for 20 years is on the list. Why is Marino on there because the guy is a Dolphin fan? Because his release was legendary? Why the Hell was Kizer included?

Nice find but just another useless stat that can be made to be used anyway you want it to fit a narrative. Comparing a legend like Marino who threw with conviction to a rookie who lacked confidence doesn't pass the smell test.
What the hell are you talking about? This is about release time... Thats it... For all I know, Marino is included because he's viewed as the guy with the quickest release all time? We're comparing QB release time... Get off your high horse

"best prospect we'd ever seen" According to who? The only one on that list in my lifetime (I've only been heavily involved in football for 15 years or so) that people have talked about as being generational talent is Andrew Luck and Trevor Lawrence.Peyton Manning too I think? Trying to think of others.. Tua was definitely not on that list
Andrew Luck certainly didn’t turn out to be a generational talent. He was a good NFL but certainly nothing special. Peyton Manning was indeed a special talent at the QB position but he wasn’t as good as Tom Brady and Brady was never considered generational talent coming out of college.

Lawrence is suppose to be a generational talent but the last two times he has played against quality talent in the college playoffs, he was clearly outplayed by the opposing QB. So he might end up being a good NFL QB but I won’t be surprised if he just ends up being a good but not great NFL QB.

You do realize that is what statistics is all about, dont you?

So many people getting worked up over 1 little stat, quite humerous.

What the hell are you talking about? This is about release time... Thats it... For all I know, Marino is included because he's viewed as the guy with the quickest release all time? We're comparing QB release time... Get off your high horse
Brother you are the one that fired off the snarky reply earlier. I think your a great poster and was not trying to start anything in my original post. Just a weird list of players from different years, some head scratching with a legend thrown in. Maybe if there more of a backstory on why he used certain players, years, etc.. But no just enough to stir up more controversy. Like other posters have said, is this Tua in college? This year?

I am am like you guessing at the whole list that YOU provided but I would say Marino has the quickest release or so it has always been said. Hey anyone that has an avatar of Bruce Willis from "Diehard" has got to be OK.

Brother you are the one that fired off the snarky reply earlier. I think your a great poster and was not trying to start anything in my original post. Just a weird list of players from different years, some head scratching with a legend thrown in. Maybe if there more of a backstory on why he used certain players, years, etc.. But know just enough to stir up more controversy. Like other posters have said, is this Tua in college? This year?

I am am like you guessing at the whole list that YOU provided but I would say Marino has the quickest release or so it has always been said. Hey anyone that has an avatar of Bruce Willis from "Diehard" has got to be OK.
I re read that and you're right, my bad, that was snarky...

The guy doesnt seem to be a Fins fan, and he's quite critical of Tua's arm strenght in the same article. Why he included who he did? I have no idea.

I just think that even if it isnt faster than Marino(which I think pissed of a couple of guys) its really close and thats a good thing. A good trait for a QB to have, when compared to his draft class its absolutely not close...

He cant suck at everything right?

Actually the quickest ever analysed by this research...

View attachment 63032
Thats awesome. Does he have Hall Of Fame ability regarding pocket presence? Hall Of Fame ability to avoid the pass rush? Hall Of Fame ability to throw downfield? Hall Off Fame leadership? Hall Of Fame passing stats? Etc etc...blah blah blah.
Not raining on the parade but nobody should compare Tua to anybody right now let alone Marino with micro stats that mean sod all in the bigger picture. Give the kid a chance. Hes had 6 games.
Give him weapons on Offense, pre season and some pre season training.
Having a quick release is great if you getting it out and its going where its supposed to go.

I fully support Tua and believe he can be our long term franchise qb.
I hope so, but I am not sure. I like to see him with a full camp, and 2 legit wr. Before that, i am not going to pass any judgement.

I hope so, but I am not sure. I like to see him with a full camp, and 2 legit wr. Before that, i am not going to pass any judgement.
I agree and if I come off as pessimistic I apologize as I am a glass half empty guy a lot of the time. We need him to be what we thought he could be. I hope he puts in the work and pray this FO gets this offseason right.

Back
Top Bottom