Tua has a quicker release time than Dan Marino... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua has a quicker release time than Dan Marino...

We drafted him for his elite skills no doubt
He's our QB now and that's great but at this point why compare him to Dan ?
Umm Thread is about comparing apples to apples one elite skill to another elite skill

It so happens Dan had that elite skill / this is just another Tua hijacking in broad day- light dressed up as a Crime against Marino

The research is based on more than 400 throws from these QBs... They did exactly what you're saying. Its not because they post one example that its the only one they used... Come on man!

from the article:

Whats really baffling to me is that half the posts in this thread are in complete denial that Tua might have a single elite trait... Its a thread about ONE single thing Tua does at a high level and HALF the posts in this thread on a Fins message board are completely trashing on it, flat out wont even read the actual article.

The release and the precision uncanny his desire to not turn it over was good and bad and has a lot to do with not trusting his supporting cast

God forbid Tua manufacture a 3 to 1 TD to TO rate in his first year playing with less than a full complement of skill players - oh wait... ....

I would never be able to compare Jim Kelly to Tua either two different eras of football - but to say that Marino and Tua can’t share a similar release is asinine esp on a message board full of well messages

Oh my god!! I have heard it all now. I watched almost every throw of marino's during his career and there is NOBODY with marino's release. NOBODY!! And definately not tua. Where in the world does this garbage come from? Some tua junky or relative? Some geezer with his wrist band watch seeing the last marino game against J-ville on youtube and tried timing the great one?

Please God. Please make grier trade for deshaun watson. I just can't take anymore outlandish tua hype. I can't. Let the 49ers have him so the fans can hear how many more superbowls tua will win than montana and young combined. Let the colts trade for him so colts dolts can fill their board pages with tua is better than johny unitas and all the jets-like "Doodz!! we got tua! SUPERBOWL 2021 CHAMPS BABY!!!".

I am tapping out on tua. It's not his fault and i really like the kid but i was sick of the hype around him before he was drafted!! When he was drafted the miami fans and media just went spit slobbering gonzo with tua worship and i knew his season wasn't going to live up to the hype. It couldnt. No qb could of.

MODS!! PLEASE!!! For all that is good in our universe. Can you please lock up all existing tua threads and ban any and all new ones? Just until tua is either proven a good nfl qb or a bust. Thats all i ask. I will TRIPLE my donation to the site. Pinky Swear!!!

And you think your walls of text that are trashing on him are any better?

Heres an

Timing, Anticipation, and release is what matters more than arm strength.

Arm strength doesn't really matter in the NFL, it's all about anticipation. But more than anything of that, it's about trusting your receivers. Here is an example for you.

----

Preston Williams is running a deep out route. Lets say on his 8th step he decides to plant his inside foot, sink his hips and explode at angle for the out route.

Tua decides to throw is before he even plants his inside foot, causing the ball to be there when he breaks out of his cut. Ball arrives perfectly on time. Its bang bang and the DB has zero chance of picking it off.

Now lets take another player in Lynn Bowden. Bowden decides to shimmy and take a giant hop step at his 8th step. He stutters for another few steps then rounds out his cut and goes to the out. Tua holds and is unable to throw because he doesn't hit his marks when Tua is ready to let go before Lynn sinks and his hips and cuts. This messes up timing and anticipation. But what it does more than anything is mess up the trust.

Tua will start trusting Preston because he runs his routes and is where he needs to be when he needs to be. When Lynn Bowden runs routes, he isn't and that messes with a QB in a bad way like Tua.

Now lets take Herbert. Herbert is notorious even in his San Diego tape, to be late on throws because of his arm strength. He will throw that out route AFTER the player makes his cut, but can get it there because of his arm. However, his anticipation still lacks immensely. But it doesn't matter because of his arm strength and it can overcome the timing issues. But he doesn't need trust because he can get the ball to his player.

What teams will start doing next year (at least I think) is start running back that Rex Ryan cover 2 blitz scheme when playing Herbert. It allows the DB's to jump and also squat on routes. Herbert really did well this year off using his arm and relying it over everything else. But watch the Patriots game. Belicheck turned up the blitz and pressure to an 11 and Herbert got flustered badly. Watch next year. Teams will start using a zone blitz defense and watch Herbert's eyes and his lack of anticipation and timing to start jumping his routes.

Anyways long story short. Tua is all about anticipation and timing. Get receivers he trusts and he could have the weakest arm in the NFL and still dominate. Because a QB that can release it faster than anyone else with excellent anticipation and trust in his receivers is impossible to defend.

I read that in Brett Kollman's voice...

speaking of trigger times. I would bet that marino's trigger time was probably higher than Tua's. but this is a complete assumption that has zero factual statistical backing. Tua's slight delay might've be in the pinpointing exactly where he wants to go with it location wise after he locks on, where as dan was like "the ball is going to this spot, your ass better be there" hence why the higher int number.

When i was looking up Tebows for the one poster , (I actually tried to find Dan McGwires too for shits and giggles, but no luck and i dont have frame by frame or timing data) i noticed on one site that they had Brees sitting at .32. Crazy part is, after 20 years, i dont know how often i ever recall Brees being hyped up for his release time, i always thought it was just the accuracy and decision making.

All that being said, if Tua could somehow increase his throwing strength just a bit while only losing 2-3 hundreths, it wouldnt bother me one bit. But as the old saying goes "If it aint broke, dont fix it"

In regards to Dix and his release points and times, i think its okay with him coming up with new stats such as the trigger time. At some point, almost most every next gen stat was probably thought to be pointless. "MPH running with a wedgie" or something of that nature, but then they stick. In fact if my mom was still alive, i would have to do that research i guess. Its kind of why i hated watching games with my mom growing up. Heavens forbid it be a rainy game and one of the teams be wearing white pants "He's wearing underwear, on he's just wearing a jock strap, on Marino has pretty eyes too". Mom could help me delve into wr speed with underwear compared to jock straps only.

But anyways, zero reasons not to be able to compare the two or a similiar trait. It's almost like saying that Dustin Johnson can outdrive John Daly (yes i know technology is a leading cause of that) Doesnt mean Daly wasnt still king of the long ball (hookers, drinking, smoking, eating), but that D Johnson can do it just as good or not better (along with the ripper magoos)

I think this is misleading
I compare Tua's release to Brady's because it is through play design for very short quick passes
Kind of fudging the numbers
i consider actual quick release when standing in the pocket scanning field and the using that quick release to launch a pass downfield with velocity and accuracy
Sorry again doesn't pass the eye test
Look at vintage Marino highlights of him doing this
Still nothing like it
There was some method used to pump up John Beck as having a very strong arm too so I will stick with what I see

IDK - Marino was virtually unsackable and at the flick of his wrist the ball could be 40 yards downfield.

As far as the eye test goes, only Rodgers reminds me of him.

I think this is misleading
I compare Tua's release to Brady's because it is through play design for very short quick passes
Kind of fudging the numbers
i consider actual quick release when standing in the pocket scanning field and the using that quick release to launch a pass downfield with velocity and accuracy
Sorry again doesn't pass the eye test
Look at vintage Marino highlights of him doing this
Still nothing like it
There was some method used to pump up John Beck as having a very strong arm too so I will stick with what I see
I had a similar reaction

I don't even think most of the people understand what is even being talked about when discussing release time. It is the time from the moment the arm is ****ed to throw until the time the ball leaves the hand. That's it and nothing more, so I don't know why it's even in dispute that Tua has a lightning quick release. You can see it watching the games with the naked eye and it was proven to you with the film analysis. For some people I guess Tua doesn't have any redeeming qualities as QB regardless of what the facts say.

I don't even think most of the people understand what is even being talked about when discussing release time. It is the time from the moment the arm is ****ed to throw until the time the ball leaves the hand. That's it and nothing more, so I don't know why it's even in dispute that Tua has a lightning quick release. You can see it watching the games with the naked eye and it was proven to you with the film analysis. For some people I guess Tua doesn't have any redeeming qualities as QB regardless of what the facts say.
Yeah, I mean he's short, he's not an athlete in the same vein as Murray or Jackson, and he doesn't have a bazooka for an arm... So why was he the #1 High School recruit in the entire country?

It's almost because of **** like this.

Back
Top Bottom