Tua has no arm strength? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua has no arm strength?

I’m noticing that some of you don’t understand why others are questioning Tua’s arm strength

Yes he may be able to throw a 50-60 yard deep ball accurately but Tua isn’t putting a 30 yard pass across the middle on a rope

I certainly understand saying you haven't necessarily seen it yet since that's not the type of offense he's running. But if you can't extrapolate that he can make all the necessary throws based on the nearly 600 passes he's ripped, you don't really need to be evaluating quarterbacks. Furthermore, it's not even a throw made with any sort of regularity in the NFL.

I think some posters are acting like the ball falls out of the air 12 yards after it leaves his hand.

so is science...

:lol:

And of course muscle definition is

irrelevant for a PRO athlete.

Velocity is an N F L conspiracy

theory! Just saying...

Mister Dan Marino would NEVER

wimp out on the chance to compete!

If you put Tua's brain on John Elway's arm, you would have an ideal specimen, but I think you also have to realize that Tua's accuracy, anticipation, and ball placement are natural by-products of having a "good enough" NFL arm. Not to mention, maybe we haven't seen him even try to maximize velocity on a drive throw yet because he's never had to do it. If your receivers get no separation and/or you process defenses poorly, the windows get tight and you're FORCED to try to throw a bullet.

Also, what does his muscle definition have to do with anything? Either you can play or you can't. Either you're in condition or you're Jamarcus Russell. He's not Jamarcus Russell! I'll give you a few examples from the NBA. Neither Paul Pierce or James Harden would win a physique competition, but both of those guys will be in the Basketball Hall of Fame.

If you put Tua's brain on John Elway's arm, you would have an ideal specimen, but I think you also have to realize that Tua's accuracy, anticipation, and ball placement are natural by-products of having a "good enough" NFL arm. Not to mention, maybe we haven't seen him even try to maximize velocity on a drive throw yet because he's never had to do it. If your receivers get no separation and/or you process defenses poorly, the windows get tight and you're FORCED to try to throw a bullet.

Also, what does his muscle definition have to do with anything? Either you can play or you can't. Either you're in condition or you're Jamarcus Russell. He's not Jamarcus Russell! I'll give you a few examples from the NBA. Neither Paul Pierce or James Harden would win a physique competition, but both of those guys will be in the Basketball Hall of Fame.

The caliber of your post far too quality for this board, sir. They'll never get it if you keep posting this way.

Just tell 'em to go look at Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady's, Peyton Manning's, Eli Manning's, Matt Ryan's, Drew Brees' arms and try to find the muscle on those string beans. It's how you want your QB's arms to look.

You don't want a muscled up Brady Quinn or Jim Druckenmiller. Unless you're a Trevor troll like BNF :lol:

Speaking of "rocked up" QBs, are any of you old enough to remember Dan Kendra from FSU? He was set to start at QB his junior year and then got beat out by Chris Weinke. Kendra moved to fullback. I don't think it still stands, but during his time at FSU, Kendra set the leg press record at 1,100 pounds. He also benched 425 and could vert leap 41.5 inches. This isn't a part of the debate, I just thought it was a little fun nostalgia trip. Check out the story on SB Nation https://www.sbnation.com/longform/2...dra-profile-florida-state-football-recruiting

Speaking of "rocked up" QBs, are any of you old enough to remember Dan Kendra from FSU? He was set to start at QB his junior year and then got beat out by Chris Weinke. Kendra moved to fullback. I don't think it still stands, but during his time at FSU, Kendra set the leg press record at 1,100 pounds. He also benched 425 and could vert leap 41.5 inches. This isn't a part of the debate, I just thought it was a little fun nostalgia trip. Check out the story on SB Nation https://www.sbnation.com/longform/2...dra-profile-florida-state-football-recruiting

I remember him. Tebow was pretty rocked up too.

I'd like to reach back in the past and bring a 22-year-old

Steve Grogan to camp next spring!

Dude was a footballer! Definite muscle! Tuff!

None of that spinning crap...

and dump offs to Jeudy who gets like 60 yac!

:lol:

Stop picking on Tebow. He’s a Gator God. As a Florida fan I have a special place in my heart for Tebow, even though he sucked balls in the NFL. :lol:

If we're just talking about juice on the ball (velocity) this one qualifies as showing NFL caliber arm strength. It's a short one, but it got there in a hurry.

Nearly a tenth of a second faster than a weaker-armed guy would've got it there, which translates to another 2 feet of separation, even on a short throw like this. If it were a weaker throw, targeted to the same spot, Jeudy has to reach back for it, and he doesn't run all the way for a touchdown. Even assuming the QB naturally compensates his targeting for his own velocity, the extra runway before the ball gets there might have been the difference between being caught around the 35-40 yard line by the safety or defensive lineman, versus being able to run this all the way for a TD.

This is another one that arrives at NFL caliber velocity. Weaker-armed guy has to place perfectly at the sideline and the receiver would've had to execute a toe-tap.

Also this one against New Mexico State came in at an NFL velocity. If it had come at a weaker-armed velocity it stood a very good chance of being broken up by the DB or even intercepted:

Back
Top Bottom