Tua has no arm strength? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua has no arm strength?

Well, Sark's offense features staples of traditional WCO in terms of the route concepts - but he's married some of that with the RPO that Tua was already masterful at executing. Nobody in the pros or college can operate an RPO like Tua.

But I think we've had to rely a little too much on the RPO because of the injury to Trey Sanders in camp. There's a big dropoff for us from Najee Harris to Brian Robinson, and Sanders was going to be the #2 to Najee. The fact that we can't run the ball the way we want forces us to rely on the RPO a little more than we'd like right now.

But I think you're correct in terms of how Tua lines up to his targets. His footwork and mechanics are always so solid that he's controlling all the variables instead of the defense. It's why he can play so flawlessly.

Although I'm not going to say that he can't play in an offense that requires throwing a 15 yard comeback or an out route or a deep dig. You simply can't listen to the people criticizing his arm. It's just a lot of skeptics trying to find something to knock and that's all they can muster at the moment. There's not an NFL throw he can't make if he wants to.
Yeah I have a big enough sample size from high school, last year post injury, and this year healthy, to not have arm strength issues..

Of course every Qb wants good route runners to throw to but man, with Tua, I think it has to be #1 priority of receiver skill set to get the best out of Tuas skill set..

I don’t want to give up on the rpo stuff once he comes here, so I think we will have our first tell of our coaching staff to see how good they are at adapting the scheme to the QB..If it disappears then we have a red flag imo..

Tua was moved off the preferred spot a lot Saturday and I really liked what I saw from him with it.

On the arm note those deep balls Saturday were 50 yards in the air. How much more arm does he have slimm on those?

It kinda looked like there wasn’t much more meat on the bone there

Functionally there aren't many throws out there Tua Tagovailoa wouldn't try or hit.

There are things Jordan Love can do that I don't think Tua Tagovailoa would attempt. But Tua Tagovailoa is the better quarterback by a good amount.

It's not an issue. I would love for him to have one of those golden guns. But his arm is no worse than Tom Brady's, Drew Brees's, or Peyton Manning's. And I say that advisedly. He also may be told that he's got to throw with better pace in the NFL and suddenly he's zipping it around like DeShaun Watson, who has a good arm at the NFL level, that rarely showed itself in terms of velocity at the college level.

...wanna see him (Tua) at the combine.

That's all.

Let him show up and go head to head!

I so hope that happens...

Combine throwing is irrelevant. Radar guns are irrelevant.

so is science...

:lol:

And of course muscle definition is

irrelevant for a PRO athlete.

Velocity is an N F L conspiracy

theory! Just saying...

Mister Dan Marino would NEVER

wimp out on the chance to compete!

Last edited:
so is science...

And of course muscle definition is

irrelevant for a PRO athlete.

Velocity is an N F L conspiracy

theory! Just saying...

Mister Dan Marino would NEVER

wimp out on the chance to compete!

What are you talking about? Combine competitions? haha If any scout puts any weight on combine evaluations for QBs, he shouldnt be a scout.

What are you talking about? Combine competitions? haha If any scout puts any weight on combine evaluations for QBs, he shouldnt be a scout.

Of course -- teams spend huge amounts of $$$ attending
measuring marking evaluating and interviewing just to
voyeur some great looking athletes in their undies!

Not to mention the endless evenings working hard on their
alcohol tolerance and chicken wing slamming!

Nothing social about it!

Beyond that -- it's a show for the fans and I would like to see
all the top QB prospects going head to head and let the
muscles tell the truth!

Definitely want to get the body fat % on that Samoan kid!

I’m noticing that some of you don’t understand why others are questioning Tua’s arm strength

Yes he may be able to throw a 50-60 yard deep ball accurately but Tua isn’t putting a 30 yard pass across the middle on a rope

I’m noticing that some of you don’t understand why others are questioning Tua’s arm strength

Yes he may be able to throw a 50-60 yard deep ball accurately but Tua isn’t putting a 30 yard pass across the middle on a rope

What do you call this?

Arm strength certainly isn’t lacking from this play either:

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Yeah, keep underrating Tua's arm talent. Try watching him throw before you post.

Tua bless you.

Back
Top Bottom