Tua is the answer- now get a running game. | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua is the answer- now get a running game.

My lord this team, starting with the coaches...is terrible.

Did X prevent a winless season?! That's probably hyperbole...but we'll see in 13 weeks.

Flo has really disappointed the past 3 or 4 weeks. What happened to his defense? Was KVN THAT big of a player in making it work? It sure looks like it. Not just this week, cuz we have some big starters out, but all season so far.

What unit was the least responsible for today's loss? The ****ing OL! Wow.

Unbelievable...they don't look like an NFL team...save for a few bright spots.

Good to see a good game from Tua, but damn. Lawrence looked pretty damn good against our defense...but that may not be saying much.

Agreed, the circumstances around Tua in Miami are terrible, though it’s not something that stopped him from having a good game today, which is what we need to see more of.

I hope he does become an excellent QB, but like you said, I’m not sure it’ll be with the Dolphins.

I’ll tell you what, if he plays the rest of the season as well as he played today, while cutting down on mistakes like the interception (really, his only mistake today), I think he proves himself to be THE GUY and stays on for the next GM/HC.
The problem is if they couldn’t run against the Jags, it makes me wonder who they will be able to run against. To constantly have success in the passing game you have to at least have some semblance of a running game. Otherwise opposing defenses can just game plan to stop the pass and not even worry about the running game.

Tua is now 50-of-78 64%, 544 yards, 3 tds and 2 ints for the seasons with a 86.7 passer rating.

86.2 passer rating for his career.
Now let's look at it from a different angle. 5 starters out, 5.
3 of wide receivers out and 2 dbs. They continue to handicap Tua. 1st game back and 3 receivers are somehow all injured? Wth?!
And you guys say Tua is injury prone.

They screwed Tanny by trying too hard to make him a pocket passer behind an oline that couldnt form a pocket. Thats for sure.

Tanny also had **** talent at WR for the most part, but he had a running game.

They also screwed Tanny by not allowing him to audible.

Tua seems to have more freedom and better talent at WR, but the oline is a disaster, they cant even stop a 4 man rush. No running game at all, and I think far worse play design and playcalling.
Won't disagree with anything you've said here. Regardless of the minutia of this OL's level of relative suckage when compared against RT's, I think we would both agree that this organization has botched the handling of that unit and it's QB's for a minimum of the last 9 years.

Wherever Tua goes I will be a fan. ****ing winner in a sea of losers
I have always been a fan of the Dolphins and never root for any other team. If they trade Tua, I will root for his new team because I think his issues in Miami are the offensive players around him and not him.

I will remain a Dolphin fan unless they trade for Watson. I refuse to root for a team with a sexual predator on their team. In that case, my favorite team will be the team Tua is traded to.

I dont understand all the Tua hate, why people are saying 20 points is too little to win. Thats a terrible excuse for the loss. I mean cmon, the jags had a run game and it helped them score points. We obviously had no run game, couldnt even move the ball and it put the offense in terrible position, especially on 1st down. Tua used whatever receivers he had to move the ball and did well

The problem is if they couldn’t run against the Jags, it makes me wonder who they will be able to run against. To constantly have success in the passing game you have to at least have some semblance of a running game. Otherwise opposing defenses can just game plan to stop the pass and not even worry about the running game.
The run game, both offensively and defensively, is a huge problem going back to year one of the Flores regime.

He was starting his 12th game in the NFL and his ribs are still broken. He has zero running game and the OL is below average at best. He had 3 of his top WR’s out this week.

He made a few passes including the interception that were bad but he was also the only reason the team was in the game to begin with.

Probably the best thing that could happen for Tua would be for them to trade him to a team with a solid OC, a running game and a decent OL. In that scenario Tua would be a pro bowl QB and the Tua haters would be asking why Miami traded him to begin with.
X 1,000,000,000,000,000.31415

The run game, both offensively and defensively, is a huge problem going back to year one of the Flores regime.
It's because Flores can't just get a running back that is good at running the ball. If you aren't good at pass catching, pass protection, potluck dinners, and performing great skits in training camp talent shows then you just aren't gonna see the field.

Look at the Pats and you'll see exactly how many runners a system like Flores can build. The Pats have just gotten away with it, they didn't prove that it worked.

The best pure runner on the Pats roster right now isn't even playing.

See this is where i have to jump in and try to be unbiased.

Tua throwing for 300 yards is cute. Him throwing 2/1 td int ratio is nothing to applaud. That one interception was terrible. What he accomplished was against the JAGS, lets not act like he played that well.

Yes he showed flashes of what he may be? But in the end the point you tried to make doesnt work here.

His numbers were mediocre at best against a weak team.

He had the same game as every other qb Jags have played this year. Their defense isn't godawful.

Before we anoint Tua tua much for having a decent game let’s remember this was the Jags and they were on one of the longest losing streaks in history so it’s not like he lit up the 85 Bears

Let’s keep it in perspective here

Back
Top Bottom