Tua is the answer- now get a running game. | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua is the answer- now get a running game.

We want a Josh Allen or a Justin Herbert or another Marino or a Aaron Rodgers. How about a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady that’s what the **** we want.
Cool desires.

The line for that starts back there behind about 27 other teams.

He played pretty good today nothing more nothing less If u want to just ooon at numbers , he attempted what , 45 passes ? I agree he is certainly not THE problem but is he part of the solution ?

Going to respectfully disagree. At best, I would call it a wash, but Tannehill often didn't even get to set his feet or move out of the pocket, and it was that way for nearly his entire 7 year tenure in Miami.
They screwed Tanny by trying too hard to make him a pocket passer behind an oline that couldnt form a pocket. Thats for sure.

Tanny also had **** talent at WR for the most part, but he had a running game.

They also screwed Tanny by not allowing him to audible.

Tua seems to have more freedom and better talent at WR, but the oline is a disaster, they cant even stop a 4 man rush. No running game at all, and I think far worse play design and playcalling.

Anyone choosing to focus on Tua right now as a problem for this team isn't someone to be taken seriously.

So far it looks like it was a mistake to take Tua over Herbert but there are very obvious, much bigger, problems with coaching, talent, and availability at just about every other position.

Tua is the least of our problems. He threw the ball with velocity, ran when he had to, avoided sacks, etc. Yes, he had a couple poor throws with one leading to a pick, it happens. The Tua haters want to harp on the same thing constantly, takes too long for the ball to get there, doesn't go through his reads nonsense. Considering the trash heap he is playing on, what do you expect ? For his sake, I hope we do trade him where he can go be successful. Everyone of the posters here who want him gone have raging erections for Herbert and Watson. We are not getting them, at least not Herbert. They may mortgage the farm for Watson, at that point I'm done with them. You say you want high character players on your team and then you get this scumbag, not a franchise I want to watch. The way this team looks, there is maybe 10 players I'd keep.

Have a beer or 10, enjoy your day and realize it is a game. At the very least, you can watch Herbert play.

I'm flipping back forth between Lamar & Aaron. Then, I'm going to go rake some leaves. Then watch Leverage Redemption & Equalizer before bed

And you don't understand the conversation, which is fans of the Dolphins complaining about stats that are very good. Nothing to do with on field stuff specifically
What problem does this create, exactly? Is the problem simply that you don't like their opinion?

Tua was not the reason we lost today.
That said, lets see if he can string a few very good games together.
We invested a lot of draft capital in him.
The staff and GM suck.
Lets get some data before making decisions on him.

I agree that after 12 starts, he still needs to improve. Yet when you have zero running game and a below average offensive line and your top WR’s are constantly injured, it is extremely difficult to prove anything in the NFL.

All I know is I believe Tua is going to be an excellent QB if he ever has the opportunity to play with decent talent around him. Unfortunately he doesn’t have that with the Dolphins and if he is traded to a team with that decent talent, he will be a pro bowl level QB IMO.

Agreed, the circumstances around Tua in Miami are terrible, though it’s not something that stopped him from having a good game today, which is what we need to see more of.

I hope he does become an excellent QB, but like you said, I’m not sure it’ll be with the Dolphins.

I’ll tell you what, if he plays the rest of the season as well as he played today, while cutting down on mistakes like the interception (really, his only mistake today), I think he proves himself to be THE GUY and stays on for the next GM/HC.

What problem does this create, exactly? Is the problem simply that you don't like their opinion?
Yes, because the illogical and I'll informed understanding of performance and stats causes nothing but debate and fracture here year after year.

Tua can play, period.

I wish we could put him in mothballs until next season. Nothing but suffering awaits him the rest of this season.

I'm totally of the opposite opinion on the second of your three statements.

Tua needs to play as much as possible to get more NFL reps. That's the only thing left for this season: Tua getting more experience and improving as a quarterback.

There is a lot of parody in the NFL. You win games with key drives, like against NE, or with key stops
IMO it’s the coach’s fault for our poor execution at key points of the game
I think Tua still has a lot of potential… but we shall see

Excellent post, especially the acknowledgement of " There is a lot of parody in the NFL". A group of posters here don't seem to realize that.

I saw a good game between to relatively equally matched teams. The folks who went to the game in London got their moneys worth. The lead changed hands twice, there were some big plays and some big misses. There was no quit in either team. To a major extent, each team rose to overcome their difficulties. Who would win was only determined the last second.

I would point out we actually scored a safety that was not called and our FG kicker shanked his kick to the left. Either of those actions would have made us the winning team if they had been scored, so we were really in the game all the way to the end.

There are posters here who are so jaded and warped in their thinking that they can't see this game for what it was - a battle of men overcoming obstacles to win. Everyone on this board knows that if we had won, those same posters would still be complaining.

I call those negative, hyperbolic whines full of venom and irrational complaints from the "Lemmings" "Lemming juice" to describe a flood of whining and "Lemming drops" to describe those "polished turds" that stand out from "Lemming juice" as individually developed "lumps" of hate dispersed within the "Lemming juice".

In either case, they stink (the complaints of course - I leave it to the forum members to make their own decision about other posters) !!!

I was very pleased with the performance of some severely maligned players; particularly Tua. He was poised in the pocket, ran effectively when necessary and the majority of his passes were "exceptionally" good. I am a little concerned how tight a majority of the throws to Waddle were, even though they were completions. I'm just beginning to realize that those "tight" throws that used to be the exception are now becoming the norm, so I will adapt to that and be grateful when we do it to the other guys more then they do it to us - LOL

A few comments on the running game. I saw our backs make good decisions and follow blockers in the holes. I also saw our backs tackled in the backfield. I know that the line needs to be able to "run block", but it appeared to me that on the plays we got caught in the backfield, that our "game plan" was missing something. I personally feel this was more a problem in game planning and play calling - then our linemen's performance.

I am really looking forward to our next game. I believe Tua will play even better, due to his rib injury being further behind him and his knowing how well he played in this game.

Success breeds success.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom