Tua Non Hype Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Non Hype Thread

thenewloon

Active Roster
Reaction score
Ok...a little click baity but can we all calm down...he moved well...his passes had zip...BUT this was in garbage time against the most garbage team in the league...Tua is the man eventually...but Fitz is starting until we are out of the playoff hunt...I'm seeing a little too much excitement over 2-2 for 9 yards against backups...lets all pump the brakes...not his time yet...also BUT it was nice to see him get actual playing time in an actual game against an "actual" opponent and cherish it...he has the exact right attitude to be a star...but in 2 weeks he's back on the bench learning from Fitz...this is the way

Are we certain that Fitz will start the next game? Has something been officially announced? If they intend to move Tua into the starting role, wouldn't this be the ideal time with the bye week coming up?

Same time last year, Miami was a clear favorite to get the overall #1...Then it was the Redskins....Then it was the Bengals.

It changes quickly, through the season, and this year the Jags, Vikings, Giants, Falcons, Washinton Football Team, Chargers, and of course the Bengals are going to be in the compitition for overall #1, don't really know How, When, or If, but somewhere in the Jets schedule, there may be 1 or 2 wins we never expected.

Last edited:
Are we certain that Fitz will start the next game? Has something been officially announced? If they intend to move Tua into the starting role, wouldn't this be the ideal time with the bye week coming up?

Umm yes he will...why wouldn't he? Fitz put us up 24-0 Tua had a dress rehearsal...ugh...this is exactly why I argued about Tua going in last week...now we have a stupid unnecessary QB controversy...Tua is the future yes but good god he did not earn the spot today

Do wonder if this is Flo playing it smart and slowly giving Tua time and reps to build him up to start later in the year?
The other big question in regards to starting Tua is how do people feel Kindley and Hunt are going when it comes to protecting Tua's blind side?

I'm a fan of the kid, no doubt. But for me it was more about being happy for HIM. A year ago (almost) and we were wondering if he'd ever play again. A LOT of time/work/dedication later, and he's in an NFL uniform making his first in game appearance. It was inspiring.

Homer of me? Maybe. But he deserved every bit of applause that stadium gave for the comeback he's made and the hope he's brought to fans.

Umm yes he will...why wouldn't he? Fitz put us up 24-0 Tua had a dress rehearsal...ugh...this is exactly why I argued about Tua going in last week...now we have a stupid unnecessary QB controversy...Tua is the future yes but good god he did not earn the spot today
I don't know what game you were watching yesterday but Fitz sucked for most of that game especially in the 2nd half. If he keeps that up Tua will be starting sooner than later. It's only a matter of time until Tua replaces Fitz for good.

Last edited:
The simple answer is No! Miami will play the Rams next. They are ranked #3 in the NFL against the pass and #4 in sacks. Yes we all want to see Tua, he's like the present under the Christmas tree you can't have yet. The problem for that is Miami at the moment has won 3 of the last 4, they are in second place in the AFC East and if Buffalo loses then they are only one game out. Fitz is playing well. As a matter of fact he's playing like a top 10 QB in the league right now.

At some point Tua will be in, but right now isn't that time.

I don't know what game you were watching yesterday but Fitz sucked for most of that game especially in the 2nd half. If he keeps that up Tua will be starting sooner than later. It's only a matter of time until Tua replaces Fitz for good.

The reality is Fitz scored the points we needed to win. Sure, we probably could have scored 40+ if everything went perfectly. As a .500 team there is zero chance we make a QB change unless we start losing games.

I don't disagree with you. I do think Tua will see the field again soon though, likely in relief. Fitz has the knowledge, Tua has the skill. They both have heart.

Some of us got what we wanted. TT for a few snaps. Next time there will be fewer jitters. Get him in 1-2 more times in cleanup to damp those jitters down. He'll start soon enough

Back
Top Bottom