Tua Non Hype Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Non Hype Thread

The simple answer is No! Miami will play the Rams next. They are ranked #3 in the NFL against the pass and #4 in sacks. Yes we all want to see Tua, he's like the present under the Christmas tree you can't have yet. The problem for that is Miami at the moment has won 3 of the last 4, they are in second place in the AFC East and if Buffalo loses then they are only one game out. Fitz is playing well. As a matter of fact he's playing like a top 10 QB in the league right now.

At some point Tua will be in, but right now isn't that time.

So, we have to wait to see the kid start until it is against a perfectly weak opponent? All season, those that want Tua on the bench have said the Jets were just that opponent, yet during the game day thread, many were afraid to put Tua in because of Greg Williams! Is Tua so delicate that he MUST win his debut? If he doesn't, will he suddenly have his growth as a QB stunted? This has to be the most ridiculous argument out there. As far as the Rams being some amazing opponent, is that the same Rams team that got beaten handily last night by San Francisco?

I hear people saying they want to see Tua, but then can't find a situation they are comfortable actually seeing him start. What are you afraid of? Honestly, Fitz has had two good games, a mediocre game and a couple of bad games so far this season. Are you afraid that we are somehow going to be knocked out of playoff contention if Tua starts? It sounds like you are afraid of injury, which if he is fully healed, could just as easily happen in short game appearances. In fact, if Tua got injured in his appearance yesterday, the forum would be screaming "why was he in there at garbage time".

To me, this season's primary purpose is to see if Tua is the real answer at QB. Certainly having two weeks to prepare for a start is worth far more than worrying about who the opponent is. If he is going to start this season, now makes the most sense.

I’m out on pumping any breaks.

Fitz starts till his body breaks - fine.

remember Marino came in game 5 or 6 on a Monday night and didn’t leave for close to 2 decades.

Tua gonna make everybody better.

and he’s humble.

I’m good waiting for Fitz to get off the field. I love the guy - he seems like an amazing person...

So far I really admire Flo - he’s a very good coach.

Tua needs to play. This policy of sitting Tua is the part of the same policy of Grier not to draft a QB and get into a new SB window for the previous 4 yours. They like to fk around and waste years.
This team needs to get into a SB window with a new QB, and play. There is no more pressing question for the organization than whether Tua is the guy. And to find that out, Tua needs to hit the field asap, and play this year and next year.
To find out if Tua is the guy, YOU need Tua on the field to see. The coaches actually don't, since they're watching him day after day in closed practices.

He'll start when he's better than Fitz.

So, we have to wait to see the kid start until it is against a perfectly weak opponent? All season, those that want Tua on the bench have said the Jets were just that opponent, yet during the game day thread, many were afraid to put Tua in because of Greg Williams! Is Tua so delicate that he MUST win his debut? If he doesn't, will he suddenly have his growth as a QB stunted? This has to be the most ridiculous argument out there. As far as the Rams being some amazing opponent, is that the same Rams team that got beaten handily last night by San Francisco?

I hear people saying they want to see Tua, but then can't find a situation they are comfortable actually seeing him start. What are you afraid of? Honestly, Fitz has had two good games, a mediocre game and a couple of bad games so far this season. Are you afraid that we are somehow going to be knocked out of playoff contention if Tua starts? It sounds like you are afraid of injury, which if he is fully healed, could just as easily happen in short game appearances. In fact, if Tua got injured in his appearance yesterday, the forum would be screaming "why was he in there at garbage time".

To me, this season's primary purpose is to see if Tua is the real answer at QB. Certainly having two weeks to prepare for a start is worth far more than worrying about who the opponent is. If he is going to start this season, now makes the most sense.
Not at all against a "perfectly weak opponent." Those don't exist in the NFL. It's more of Miami is in second place. They are playing well right now. Through the last 5 games of 2019 and the first 6 games of 2020 Ryan Fitzpatrick is a top 7 QB in the NFL. I know a lot of people don't want to hear that, but the numbers back that up. Just this season alone he is 5th in completion percentage. He has a 95 QB rating and the 7th highest QBR from ESPN.

Miami has outscored opponents in the first have 94-55, which is a +39 and the second best in the NFL. They have won 3 out of the last 4 and in second place in the AFE East. Only 3 teams in the AFC have scored more than Miami (that could change tonight). This is Fitz's team right now. He and the WHOLE world knows it wont be for long, but they voted him a team captain and these guys run through walls for him. We will see Tua, his time is coming, but it's not here yet. Mahomes played ONE game his rookie season, and it sure didn't hold him back. If Fitz starts playing really bad or Miami is eliminated, then absolutely put Tua in.

The way they are playing the could go 4-2 or better in the next 6 games. That puts them at 7-5 with 4 games left. Why would you risk that shot at the playoffs when things are going good just because you want to play with your new toy, that guess what...will be there whenever they decide to put him in. Just pop some popcorn and enjoy the ride. I'm having fun watching this team play right now. They are young, they are fun, and they are playing really well. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

PS - The purpose of a season is to win and make the playoffs...

Well if you think he’s the QB as long as we are in contention, you are saying he has experience he simply don’t have lol. Rookies can do the same thing then right? I’d rather roll the dice on an unknown then go with a proven loser
I prefer Tua he just wins at every level - Fitz can sit - Tua can learn on the job

Well the bears went to foles even after winning every game. It can happen

I personally thought that Tua went in because Fitz was playing so poorly after he got hit in the head. They need Tua ready for an injury or a spectacularly bad Fitz day.

Any other explanation doesn’t make sense considering what Flo said about Tua handing off last week.

Furthermore, why have him make passes if it was simply bowing to the pressure from outside.

I don’t think he starts, unless something is going on with Fitz’s arm that we don’t know about

I think they let him play in another blow out, but for a longer series or two. I agree with another poster earlier who said, it allows Tua to get the jitters out a little at a time. Yesterday was nice, next time he see's the field will be better for him and when he's finally ready to take over for good, he'll have no jitters at all.

Us fans need to be patient. It's coming, no worries. Just be patient.

QBR? I hate that stat, I think Fitzpatrick has a very pedestrian passer rating
I used to be like you, but over time I've gradually trusted QBR more since it adds more context. Fitz throwing a pick up 24 points in the 2nd half shouldn't count as much as down 1 score at the end of the 4th quarter.

Back
Top Bottom