Tua Non Hype Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Non Hype Thread

Crazy people wanna talk about the most important player for the franchise in the last 20 years.

Can we wait til he does something deserving of 50 threads? Can we all agree Davie has a plan for the young man, and that process is playing out, without your or mine input?

Crazy is thinking anything after the first thread, is original.

Umm yes he will...why wouldn't he? Fitz put us up 24-0 Tua had a dress rehearsal...ugh...this is exactly why I argued about Tua going in last week...now we have a stupid unnecessary QB controversy...Tua is the future yes but good god he did not earn the spot today
I don't think that Miami has a quarterback controversy.. I don't think you take a quarterback like Fitz out, he's got the Dolphins at .500... Everyone has been wanting Tua to have some time and time he had for a few plays... This is working out just like Flores wanted!!

He looked off the defense hsi 2nd NFL pass..

Fitz throws into triple coverage at 36 because he can't play qb consistently.

They are not the same.
I do criticize his first lol he had a bigger gain if he hits Bowden just inside a little more but I think he was under a lot of pressure lol

Its only 6 games into the season for a rookie to learn the most complicated position in professional sports. I want to see if he's the future also, but in good time. I think Flores and Co. will know when the time is right. I would also be surprised if Fitz makes it all the way through the season without missing time due to injury.

Not at all against a "perfectly weak opponent." Those don't exist in the NFL. It's more of Miami is in second place. They are playing well right now. Through the last 5 games of 2019 and the first 6 games of 2020 Ryan Fitzpatrick is a top 7 QB in the NFL. I know a lot of people don't want to hear that, but the numbers back that up. Just this season alone he is 5th in completion percentage. He has a 95 QB rating and the 7th highest QBR from ESPN.

Miami has outscored opponents in the first have 94-55, which is a +39 and the second best in the NFL. They have won 3 out of the last 4 and in second place in the AFE East. Only 3 teams in the AFC have scored more than Miami (that could change tonight). This is Fitz's team right now. He and the WHOLE world knows it wont be for long, but they voted him a team captain and these guys run through walls for him. We will see Tua, his time is coming, but it's not here yet. Mahomes played ONE game his rookie season, and it sure didn't hold him back. If Fitz starts playing really bad or Miami is eliminated, then absolutely put Tua in.

The way they are playing the could go 4-2 or better in the next 6 games. That puts them at 7-5 with 4 games left. Why would you risk that shot at the playoffs when things are going good just because you want to play with your new toy, that guess what...will be there whenever they decide to put him in. Just pop some popcorn and enjoy the ride. I'm having fun watching this team play right now. They are young, they are fun, and they are playing really well. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

PS - The purpose of a season is to win and make the playoffs...

I understand your point and agree on some of it, but I also think you are missing a few things, too. Fitz has played largely mediocre to great. He has a great personality and knows how to lead, he is tough, and easy to like. I am happy he is on the team and believed he deserved to start the season. All that said, while Fitz is winning, that doesn't mean he is the best option. Against anyone but the Jets, no 3rd down conversions for an entire second half of football and two picks just doesn't cut it. In every game but the jax and 49'ers games, there have been plays left on the field, and yesterday's second half is not indicative of a team that can win a playoff game.

Tua is young, but appears to be every bit as likable a guy as Fitz. Is he a leader? That has to be proven on the field. Tua offers the possibility of making more of those plays that are currently being left on the field. Most rookies struggle, or are streaky, but Fitz is already streaky. Is it really as big of a loss to move Fitz to the bench and Tua onto the field as you think it is? Yes, he could be awful, but there's no rule that says once he starts he can't be benched if necessary, either. If he performs as, or almost as good as Fitz, have we really lost anything? I think there is more to it than just who is winning at the moment. Remember when Griese got hurt and Morrall led the team team to the playoffs only to get benched when Griese was again healthy? Shula wanted the most talented QB in. I know it isn't a truly comparable situation, as Griese was already accomplished, but still, there is something to be said for going with the more talented player.

I understand your point and agree on some of it, but I also think you are missing a few things, too. Fitz has played largely mediocre to great. He has a great personality and knows how to lead, he is tough, and easy to like. I am happy he is on the team and believed he deserved to start the season. All that said, while Fitz is winning, that doesn't mean he is the best option. Against anyone but the Jets, no 3rd down conversions for an entire second half of football and two picks just doesn't cut it. In every game but the jax and 49'ers games, there have been plays left on the field, and yesterday's second half is not indicative of a team that can win a playoff game.

Tua is young, but appears to be every bit as likable a guy as Fitz. Is he a leader? That has to be proven on the field. Tua offers the possibility of making more of those plays that are currently being left on the field. Most rookies struggle, or are streaky, but Fitz is already streaky. Is it really as big of a loss to move Fitz to the bench and Tua onto the field as you think it is? Yes, he could be awful, but there's no rule that says once he starts he can't be benched if necessary, either. If he performs as, or almost as good as Fitz, have we really lost anything? I think there is more to it than just who is winning at the moment. Remember when Griese got hurt and Morrall led the team team to the playoffs only to get benched when Griese was again healthy? Shula wanted the most talented QB in. I know it isn't a truly comparable situation, as Griese was already accomplished, but still, there is something to be said for going with the more talented player.
I'm not missing any point, I just wholeheartedly disagree. At this point of the season it's Fitz's team. If he's not hurt, keeps playing as he is, and Miami is still in a playoff run then you don't make the change. You don't get to make the playoffs every year, we as Dolphin fans should understand this. If they pulled out Fitz to put in Tua, Flo would lose the team right now. I am not sure you understand the leadership he brings to this team and how he has made this young offensive line look better than it has actually played. The TEAM voted him as a team Captain. With everything going on with how they are playing there is no way in HELL he gets pulled for a rookie.

I'll give Fitz one bad int yesterday, but the second he was hit in the legs as he was throwing. He wasn't able to step into it. Williams had his guy beat but the ball came up short.

The next time we see Tau play will be in another blow-out win or when Fitz is shitting the bed and the offense needs a jump start.

The finally put him in and he delivered a few completions.

If the coaching staff was gun shy about him going in, this should ease their concerns somewhat. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tua come in more often at this point in mop up duty.

Anything more is highly doubtful if the wins keep coming.

I saw three encouraging things during his five snaps.
  • He was composed
  • He was accurate
  • He did not blow the shutout by making a big mistake.
It is premature to make Any other comments.

I do criticize his first lol he had a bigger gain if he hits Bowden just inside a little more but I think he was under a lot of pressure lol
Probably a decent amount decent amount of pressure for sure.. especially for his first nfl pass

And let's not forget he will make his fair share of rookie mistakes, they all do. When his time has come I want to see consistent, successful play with some flashes of brilliance but expect those rookie mistakes. A winner who gets those tds instead of fgs, big throws when the team needs it most, and game winning drives. Hope it happens, can't wait!

Mister Brian Flores seems to know what he's doing. And our OC
has a few years PRO experience. Perhaps it's not a stretch to
believe they have a handle on our QB situation -- and specifically
Tua's development. Odds are -- when he's READY for prime time
and is proving it consistently in practice and meetings he'll get
his shot. Or it could happen sooner if necessary...

remember Marino came in game 5 or 6 on a Monday night and didn’t leave for close to 2 decades.
Actually it was week three...down 27-0 at the Raiders, who had moved to Los Angeles. I had Raiders -2.5

I was watching with a large group. Then everybody left because it was lopsided and boring. I was the only one there to watch Marino put up the two touchdown drives to end the game.

Anyway, the second Tua pass was impressive not because he zipped it. He took just enough off it so it arrived at ideal catchable rate but also enough pace that it gave the defenders on either side no chance.

It's going to be a more condensed pocket with Tua. That was evident in merely that glance. Fitzpatrick keeps defenses somewhat honest because of that tendency to quickly take off forward. Tua is at more dependable target depth.

Actually it was week three...down 27-0 at the Raiders, who had moved to Los Angeles. I had Raiders -2.5

I was watching with a large group. Then everybody left because it was lopsided and boring. I was the only one there to watch Marino put up the two touchdown drives to end the game.

Anyway, the second Tua pass was impressive not because he zipped it. He took just enough off it so it arrived at ideal catchable rate but also enough pace that it gave the defenders on either side no chance.

It's going to be a more condensed pocket with Tua. That was evident in merely that glance. Fitzpatrick keeps defenses somewhat honest because of that tendency to quickly take off forward. Tua is at more dependable target depth.
Thanks for the recall and setting the record straight.

I remember watching that night and being frustrated with Shula because our offense was so bad that night and the media and dolphin teammates were all stating how great Marino looked in practice.

it was a freak show from day 1.

much overlap here bc Tua comes to
Miami ready for success.

I cannot wait to see him bring this thing to life!

Back
Top Bottom