Tua Rejects Dolphins 1st Offer | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Rejects Dolphins 1st Offer

Sure he was thrust into a bad situation with a defensive-minded psycho coach, a quasi-backup quasi-starter incumbent constantly lurking (and being inserted in Tua's place anytime the psycho felt he could scratch out another meaningless win), on a pretty marginal roster with endless rumors about the team seeking to trade for a veteran QB. Crappy situation but hey it isn't that uncommon with a top 5 QB; decent teams don't usually get to pick that high. I get all that. His injuries aren't really the Dolphins fault however; most rookie QBs take more punishment--again, quality teams don't get to pick 3rd although personally I think the Fins needed two more tank years to build up the roster before taking the QB plunge but it is what it is.

But that was 2 years out of 4 and since then the team has gone all in on him and set him up to succeed. He has taken advantage and persevered credit to him. But if he goes to another team without McDaniel, without Tyreek, without warm weather, I think there is a good chance he would regress. The Fins should pay him fairly but IMO they don't need to break records and should not gamble the entire team on his one healthy season and middling results late season on the road an/or against quality defenses. It remains to be seen if he will rise to that level.

Interesting post.

If Burrow was sent to a team without Chase/Higgins/ Boyd and Mixon.... Would there be regression? I guess we'll see next year.

If Herbert was moved to a team with Allen/ Williams and Ekeler. Would he regress? Again, well find out next year.

If Hurts was moved to a team with Brown/ Smith a top o line and running game. Would he regress?

You can't really fault him for the team surrounding him.

But your point stands. There is definitely areas of concern, specifically the end of both last 2 seasons.

He should absolutely be paid fairly.

But fair is not based on what he may do with another team and with another situation.

What we do know, is in Miami, under McDaniel. Back to back playoffs. A Top offense in the league 2 straight seasons. Led or was top 5 in almost every metric both seasons. 2 straight seasons he was a strong MVP candidate for the vast majority of the season etc. Etc.

So unless the Phinz intend on letting McDaniel go. What's fair for a QB leading a top rated offense that has a 100% success rate of making the playoffs and looks like a strong MVP candidate?

It will be really tough to justify anything under a top 5 contract honestly.

But we shall see.

I am not criticizing your post. I disagree somewhat, but it was a good post.

Sorry site I clicked was 1 off does bottom 11 ranking 11th and 9th worst make what I said less true?

Don’t give me yards. Def points allowed is the only way to measure defenses. They were a bad defense no matter how you slice it

Yeah PPG is the more important stat IMO.

I mean the Patriots made a dynasty of the bend but don't break philosophy on defense.

You have to look at Josh Allen apart from his defense which is supposed to be amazing. How many times have we seen Allen march down field at the end of the game to score and the opposing offense then marches down and scores again? That seems like the Bills calling card.
And I'm glad. We're going to take this division over

Are you really a Dolphin fan or an Alabama fan? Tua is not a great QB and all I see on this site is how Tua will reset the QB market. Its disgusting. Tua hasnt done a damn thing of note.
He hasnt even won a play off game and he is going to surpass Mahomes in pay? Most of you cant wait for Tua to get that 60 million a year even though the dude is soft af.
Why did Stafford get paid twice in Detroit then

Unrelated news, but Jalen Brunson of the NY Knicks is considering leaving 100mil on the table so the team can have more cap space to acquire better talent around him and build a perennial championship contender. I sure wish Tua would consider doing something like this (I know, he's not the only guilty one in the league). Dude can't be cool with 45mil a year over 5? Not enough?! He's proven he can have great games in the regular season against good competition, but what about against the top defenses and in critical games....this is what I hate about modern QBs, they want top dollar before they accomplish anything of significance. I'm all for resigning Tua, but just wish he would accept a contract that doesn't reset the market.
1. I'll believe it when Brunson signs that awful deal. 'Considering' don't mean ish.
2. Brunson's Daddy is also employed by the Knicks, so that may have something to do with it.

You can permanently ban me. This a Tuanon site, nothing more. I wont be back.
Go Away GIF by Ryn Dean

There's 3.5 minutes of my life wasted. I would have been better off spending that time sticking my tongue in an electric socket.

Thanks Chad.........
😆 I put the 🤡 face. You shouldn't need warned that they are idiots.

It's already been stated. Tua doesn't have Allen's resume. But he has had numerous games where he was a big part of them winning. The game vs Detroit for example. The ravens game. I thought Tua was really good in Buffalo in 22, although they lost.

The evidence is and data is available that points to someone who with McDaniel could rationally assume a Payton/ Brees like career or close to it...
I think they both bring something outstanding to the table. But the reality is they have not won a playoff game or division and the team has taken a step back in talent this offseason. So they need some other guys to step up and McDaniel/Tua need to win the games that decide the division or a playoff game as starters. Not saying Tua has not had some good moments but he had two chances to win the division last year and it did not happen. What did the Lions game decide? Just a game...when you have the Bills in your house with the division on the line you have to be clutch then. In the two games at the end of the regular season and the playoff game, Tua got to like 600 yards passing and had 5 INT's.

You can permanently ban me. This a Tuanon site, nothing more. I wont be back.
I know who you are, or at least what segment of the fanbase your from. This your guy?

1. I'll believe it when Brunson signs that awful deal. 'Considering' don't mean ish.
2. Brunson's Daddy is also employed by the Knicks, so that may have something to do with it.
players have true power to make decisions for the betterment of the team

In on the record that Tua takes a team friendly deal knowing all the variables in play.

Can’t wait to see if I’m right or wrong

Back
Top Bottom