Tua Rejects Dolphins 1st Offer | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Rejects Dolphins 1st Offer

I think most of us can agree that Tua had a bad year last year when it came to “clutch time”. But last year was an outlier in his career. This article is from before last season began.

IMG_7986.jpeg

Tua was ranked as the 2nd most clutch QB (behind Mahomes) before last season began. So, this narrative that Tua never comes through in clutch time is bizarre and frankly wrong. Now, if the trend continues this coming season, then it’s something to look out for. But at this time, it’s not really true.

I think most of us can agree that Tua had a bad year last year when it came to “clutch time”. But last year was an outlier in his career. This article is from before last season began.

View attachment 171075

Tua was ranked as the 2nd most clutch QB (behind Mahomes) before last season began. So, this narrative that Tua never comes through in clutch time is bizarre and frankly wrong. Now, if the trend continues this coming season, then it’s something to look out for. But at this time, it’s not really true.

quiet tim and eric GIF

Dont let facts get in the way of their agenda

Interesting post.

If Burrow was sent to a team without Chase/Higgins/ Boyd and Mixon.... Would there be regression? I guess we'll see next year.

If Herbert was moved to a team with Allen/ Williams and Ekeler. Would he regress? Again, well find out next year.

If Hurts was moved to a team with Brown/ Smith a top o line and running game. Would he regress?

You can't really fault him for the team surrounding him.

But your point stands. There is definitely areas of concern, specifically the end of both last 2 seasons.

He should absolutely be paid fairly.

But fair is not based on what he may do with another team and with another situation.

What we do know, is in Miami, under McDaniel. Back to back playoffs. A Top offense in the league 2 straight seasons. Led or was top 5 in almost every metric both seasons. 2 straight seasons he was a strong MVP candidate for the vast majority of the season etc. Etc.

So unless the Phinz intend on letting McDaniel go. What's fair for a QB leading a top rated offense that has a 100% success rate of making the playoffs and looks like a strong MVP candidate?

It will be really tough to justify anything under a top 5 contract honestly.

But we shall see.

I am not criticizing your post. I disagree somewhat, but it was a good post.
Agree on those comps. My point is that as good as Tua is for thr Dolphins, the Dolphins are perhaps even better for Tua--probably better than any other team that might want to make him the highest paid QB with no protection if he doesm't make that next leap or is injured.

Tua may very well be the thing that destroys the Dolphins. What if we pay Tua this massive contract with mountains of guaranteed money and he remains injury prone? He has finished 1 season so far and was often injured in college.
We have a QB that has me biting my nails every time he gets hit.
We shouldve traded for Justin Fields and built the offense around him.

Agree on those comps. My point is that as good as Tua is for thr Dolphins, the Dolphins are perhaps even better for Tua--probably better than any other team that might want to make him the highest paid QB with no protection if he doesm't make that next leap or is injured.

Yeah, I would agree with that in the sense that I think Tua got paired with the perfect HC in Mcdaniel.

Miami’s in a tough spot and will need to pay Tua. Looking at the QBs drafted this year, I can’t think of 1 that I would be confident in having instead of Tua. Then with QBs like Goff getting paid doesn’t help the market at all. Miami just needs to have an out that doesn’t wreck the franchise.

Im gonna say it, Tua will destroy the Dolphins. Im bookmarking this post and will see yall in 2 years when we all regret it.
I'm rooting for the kid to succeed in a dolphins uni. I just want to see Tua and the team come to a reasonable agreement

wtf? lol is this site for grammar school kids?

a silly warning for what? u must be bored
More than likely there was a post he had to delete and was giving a warning instead of a thread ban.

Back
Top Bottom