Tua Rejects Dolphins 1st Offer | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Rejects Dolphins 1st Offer

We are so close to breaking through and having long term sustainable success with the QB and coach and ppl want to destroy it before it fully manifests. All because ppl are butthurt how the last two years ended.

It's right there and if we screw this up moving on From Tua and McDaniel it's going to set us back years.

I think most of us can agree that Tua had a bad year last year when it came to “clutch time”. But last year was an outlier in his career. This article is from before last season began.

View attachment 171075

Tua was ranked as the 2nd most clutch QB (behind Mahomes) before last season began. So, this narrative that Tua never comes through in clutch time is bizarre and frankly wrong. Now, if the trend continues this coming season, then it’s something to look out for. But at this time, it’s not really true.
I saw a list of the W-L records of all the current top QBs in games when their defenses produced no turnovers. In those games, only 5 current QBs have a winning record. The 5 are Mahomes, Burrow, Jackson, Allen, and Tua. Not in that order. I forget the exact win pct order other than Mahomes wasn't 1st, and Tua was in the middle somewhere. I also recall that Goff was 1-9 in games where his defense produced zero turnovers. I wish I'd have saved that list. I considered it pretty enlightening. IMO, the 5 current top QBs are those mentioned as having winning records when their defense can't get even one turnover.
I'll concede Mahomes is the current #1 QB in the league and I think few would debate it, but the other 4 could be put in any order that suits you.

I saw a list of the W-L records of all the current top QBs in games when their defenses produced no turnovers. In those games, only 5 current QBs have a winning record. The 5 are Mahomes, Burrow, Jackson, Allen, and Tua. Not in that order. I forget the exact win pct order other than Mahomes wasn't 1st, and Tua was in the middle somewhere. I also recall that Goff was 1-9 in games where his defense produced zero turnovers. I wish I'd have saved that list. I considered it pretty enlightening. IMO, the 5 current top QBs are those mentioned as having winning records when their defense can't get even one turnover.
I'll concede Mahomes is the current #1 QB in the league and I think few would debate it, but the other 4 could be put in any order that suits you.
I think the top 3 is kinda obvious. Lamar is so bad in the playoffs and if the narrative is your QB should pass less, I'm sorry I just can't put that guy in the top ten.

Tua is better and his long term projection is light years better and more sustainable into your mid 30s. Not only is Tua better than Lamar, again I would hang up the phone and laugh at Baltimore if they wanted to trade qbs

I'd retort vigorously but the Lithium on my night-stand is damnable evidence in your favor.

Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

We are so close to breaking through and having long term sustainable success with the QB and coach and ppl want to destroy it before it fully manifests. All because ppl are butthurt how the last two years ended.

It's right there and if we screw this up moving on From Tua and McDaniel it's going to set us back years.

I call "Lemming Alert". -LOL

I'm sure there's plenty of reason that well never know.
Most likely because steinberg wasn’t doing much. Tua has been way more active in commercials and marketing since switching agents. He actually switched to agent that isn’t as big. Leigh steinberg is one of the biggest agents in all of sports history.

He switched to Ryan Williams who has done pretty much zero big money contracts and Austin Lyman who only represents Tua.

Now athletes first is a reputable company however their ace is David Mulugheta who did Watson’s massive contract, Wilkins and will most likely be a pain for us for Holland.

If the goal was to get a massive deal I don’t think switching agents to these two are what was priority.

Back
Top Bottom