Tua Tagovailoa HEATED Debate: What Is Needed From Miami Dolphiins For Him To Start Right Away? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa HEATED Debate: What Is Needed From Miami Dolphiins For Him To Start Right Away?

“Tagovailoa has made significant progress and is ready for on-field activities if/when training camp begins.
“It’s just a matter of how much of a workload Tagovailoa can handle and how rapidly can he progress during the process.”

Why does he need to start right away?

If he is ready to play
He needs to start because:
1. He is a NFL QB and was drafted #5 overall
2. The Dolphins need a starting QB for the future
3. The Dolphins need to be sure they have a QB for the future ... if not they need to focus on the draft

These opinions/realities are just my opinion ... But if the dude is ready to play physically AND has a command of the playbook AND huddle ..... he starts

Like the vid pointed out... You don't get time back once it's gone, it's gone ... waiting a year for Tua then another year for him to get real experience before you know it he's in year 3 of a 5 yr. contract with (probably) no drafted qb waiting in the wings and we are screwed again ... but man we sure do have a great OL now lmao

I was talking to Omega about this. Basically here's my thoughts for what they are worth:

Tua will start as soon as he beats out Fitz. If that chance doesn't;t come and Fitz is killing it, they stay with Fitz through the season. If Fitz loses a few and Tua in Flores mind is the better Qb, Tua goes in. Could be game 2 or game 15 who knows. Once Tua goes in, he's the QB permanently.

I was talking to Omega about this. Basically here's my thoughts for what they are worth:

Tua will start as soon as he beats out Fitz. If that chance doesn't;t come and Fitz is killing it, they stay with Fitz through the season. If Fitz loses a few and Tua in Flores mind is the better Qb, Tua goes in. Could be game 2 or game 15 who knows. Once Tua goes in, he's the QB permanently.
5ce14ff261.jpg

The term "ready" gets thrown around a lot. I have used it myself in the context if this discussion.

The fact is, though, that there is no clear definition of what ready is. Not only that, ready is somewhat of a sliding scale, depending on the situation. He is ready when Flo says he is ready.

Is he ready when he makes the correct read 60% of the time? 75%? 90%?

Is he ready when he knows some of the playbook without hesitation? Most of it? All of it?

What if Flo and co think it better long term for him to sit for a half season regardless?

We all have opinions, but Flo has the benifit of doubt on this with me.

Solid O-line play!
Agree. Plus, Tua has to "win" the job. That part seems like the easier accomplishment. Nobody really knows what to expect from the offensive line. It should be better than last year, but it's tough when you have that many changes on one unit. It could take time for the offensive line to gel.

Flo likes competition, and he likes the winner of that competition period. The narrative of let him sit for a couple of games or let the offense of line gel before he sees the field is ridiculous. He’ll see the field when A- wins that competition B- injury
C- winning or losing badly.
Not a time period.

If he is ready to play
He needs to start because:
1. He is a NFL QB and was drafted #5 overall
2. The Dolphins need a starting QB for the future
3. The Dolphins need to be sure they have a QB for the future ... if not they need to focus on the draft

These opinions/realities are just my opinion ... But if the dude is ready to play physically AND has a command of the playbook AND huddle ..... he starts

Like the vid pointed out... You don't get time back once it's gone, it's gone ... waiting a year for Tua then another year for him to get real experience before you know it he's in year 3 of a 5 yr. contract with (probably) no drafted qb waiting in the wings and we are screwed again ... but man we sure do have a great OL now lmao
But why does that need to be right away?

Does that include taking full on contact?

Pls stop saying when our oline can protect tua.all qb get hit and sack alot in nfl. If health and playing good during summer.. why not start him.. all other young qb are playing for futures. All them have oline issue as well. I hope dolphins don't f..k this up..this should nt be debated.. if u best college football qb.. u should be on field soon as possible and it shouldn't take u that long before u start in Nfl...
[/QUOTE

You are right all QB's get hit. The problem is our o-line (in recent years) has made our QB's more prone to get hit. They are not a very good unit. That is coupled with the fact our first draft choice is coming off a major injury (if it happens again, there is a very strong possibility he is done as far as his career). He hasn't shown can protect himself (avoid hits) enough yet. He should not play this season unless
1.) He plays better than Fitzpatrick

AND

Our O-Line shows ability to keep our QB upright on a large majority of snaps.

Yes u right but football is rough sport. There is no hiding or protecting Tua.. he got know when go down slide and try avoid hit. he had best oline in college and still got hurt. We got see what happens..When ever his time come play. Oline ain't going be great but it should improve some.

But why does that need to be right away?

IMO the Dolphins need him to start asap because our starting QB is on his way out and we drafted his replacement ...

The longer you wait the harder it will be to know if he is the future .... if he isn't then you won't really find out until next season... after you have drafted around him only to start over again the following draft ...

If he is healthy with a command of the play book he needs to start ... it is nonsense to me waiting for a line to gel ... nobody gets that luxury unless (like Love) they are drafted behind a solid starter

Back
Top Bottom