Tua Tagovailoa reportedly doing drills to make himself faster and lose weight says trainer | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa reportedly doing drills to make himself faster and lose weight says trainer

I think youre confusing "earned" with "given". Just because you are given something, doesnt mean youve earned it.

We cant win with a $20 million Tua, how are we going to win with a $55 million Tua? Asking for a friend.
34-19 in his career. Would say thats winning. But I'm sure you forgot the qualifier you guy's always use of "good teams".

I find it very strange that any critique of Tua is automatically taken as "hate". I can truly say that I have nothing but hope and positive feelings toward Tua. But, I can also believe that he has not delivered much...yet. I'm hoping that changes this year.
When our season ended this site was flooded with Tua suks threads

We let everyone have their say but now it's time to move on knowing he's our guy

Like it or not our upcoming season will be greatly impacted by his performance so we need to wish him well

that's interesting - to me you sound unbecoming in this- there's quite a bit that falls between worshipping players and being thankful that someone like Tua is just a good dude that I don't mind my son looking up to....there can be a middle ground but then again in our society these days I guess that's not an option

My question is this... is your son looking up to you? That is far better than some athlete. I get it. I was obviously a kid once too. Dan Marino and Larry Bird were my favorite athletes. But they weren't my heroes. My father and grandathers were (actually, my dad and mom).

I find it very strange that any critique of Tua is automatically taken as "hate". I can truly say that I have nothing but hope and positive feelings toward Tua. But, I can also believe that he has not delivered much...yet. I'm hoping that changes this year.

Thank you. People get entirely too worked up over anything that can remotely be considered negative. If you say a player is overrated, too often the response is, "What do you mean he's bad?" To which the response has to be, "I never said he was bad. I said he was overrated."

Had this conversation or similar many times on players from Joe Montana to Scottie Pippen.

Reactions: MDK
Thank you. People get entirely too worked up over anything that can remotely be considered negative. If you say a player is overrated, too often the response is, "What do you mean he's bad?" To which the response has to be, "I never said he was bad. I said he was overrated."

Had this conversation or similar many times on players from Joe Montana to Scottie Pippen.
One can have their gripes about Tua and/or be negative, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But the same goes the other way so you damn well be able to back up what you are saying with facts and not hyperbole and you will be fine. To just lambast the QB of the Dolphins with quips like he has a weak arm or doesn't win games, well those things are measurable by stats. If those stats defeat whatever your opinion is perhaps you need to adjust your opinion.

A LOT of members here have dealt with enough other people coming in and dropping nonsense about the QB here and we're tired of it, so people don't get a "woe is me" pass when others stand up and defend him. Like I said, back it up with stats and that is perfectly fine.

One can have their gripes about Tua and/or be negative, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But the same goes the other way so you damn well be able to back up what you are saying with facts and not hyperbole and you will be fine. To just lambast the QB of the Dolphins with quips like he has a weak arm or doesn't win games, well those things are measurable by stats. If those stats defeat whatever your opinion is perhaps you need to adjust your opinion.

A LOT of members here have dealt with enough other people coming in and dropping nonsense about the QB here and we're tired of it, so people don't get a "woe is me" pass when others stand up and defend him. Like I said, back it up with stats and that is perfectly fine.

I agree. Anybody who is playing QB in the NFL has a strong enough arm. I never made that argument. The injury concerns are real. Getting through a one full season without injury does not impress me.

My question is this... is your son looking up to you? That is far better than some athlete. I get it. I was obviously a kid once too. Dan Marino and Larry Bird were my favorite athletes. But they weren't my heroes. My father and grandathers were (actually, my dad and mom).
that's why I said looks up to - that's a lot different than a hero...I hope he does:) My point is I'd rather him look up to Tua than Tyreek - he can root for Tyreke the player so to me there is some crossover without it having to be some worshiping jock sniffer as you called it:)

I agree. Anybody who is playing QB in the NFL has a strong enough arm. I never made that argument. The injury concerns are real. Getting through a one full season without injury does not impress me.
Yeah, not that you did, but the last couple pages had been that nonsense again.

that's why I said looks up to - that's a lot different than a hero...I hope he does:) My point is I'd rather him look up to Tua than Tyreek - he can root for Tyreke the player so to me there is some crossover without it having to be some worshiping jock sniffer as you called it:)
Your original post addressed this perfectly…..

He put on a little too much during the season. Just stop eating. He can lose weight, but I think the reason why he put on the weight last offseason was to keep himself free from injury.

So if the choice is gain weight and stay healthy, or lose weight and gain maneuverability. It's an easy choice.
Tua said it himself in a press conference, something along the lines of "I didn't want to gain all this weight" so clearly he was doing what he was being told to do.

It seems Tua has been told this off season to come back down to something more reasonable, I fully expect him to be in top shape at the start of training camp, Tua has never neglected the off-season, that's one thing almost everyone can agree with about the guy.

Tua said it himself in a press conference, something along the lines of "I didn't want to gain all this weight" so clearly he was doing what he was being told to do.

It seems Tua has been told this off season to come back down to something more reasonable, I fully expect him to be in top shape at the start of training camp, Tua has never neglected the off-season, that's one thing almost everyone can agree with about the guy.
I don't think anyone asked him to put on the weight during the season.

Back
Top Bottom