Tua Tagovailoa reportedly doing drills to make himself faster and lose weight says trainer | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa reportedly doing drills to make himself faster and lose weight says trainer

Thank you. People get entirely too worked up over anything that can remotely be considered negative. If you say a player is overrated, too often the response is, "What do you mean he's bad?" To which the response has to be, "I never said he was bad. I said he was overrated."

Had this conversation or similar many times on players from Joe Montana to Scottie Pippen.

IMG_1915.jpeg

Wake up! You think the surfer is the next one

How do you feel about Joe Burrow? I believe he has only made it through one season healthy.
I like Burrow. I believe he is better than Tua. However, if I was a Bengals fan, I would have concerns. Small injuries aren't of concern to me (everybody plays "hurt" to some extent in the NFL). Major injuries give me pause. For Burrow's sake, I hope he can stay healthy. It would be terrible to be in your late 40's/early 50's and not have full use of your body because of past injuries.

View attachment 166444

Wake up! You think the surfer is the next one
Yes, I do. Mahomes, Allen, Burrow (if he can stay healthy) and Lawrence will be the top of the AFC for years. Lamar is right behind them. He is a generational talent. He still takes too many chances at times. he had garbage coaching his first season. He stats regressed in year 3. So did Marino's in 1985 (and NO..I am not comparing Lawrence to Marino).

Yes, I do. Mahomes, Allen, Burrow (if he can stay healthy) and Lawrence will be the top of the AFC for years. Lamar is right behind them. He is a generational talent. He still takes too many chances at times. he had garbage coaching his first season. He stats regressed in year 3. So did Marino's in 1985 (and NO..I am not comparing Lawrence to Marino).

I have no idea where Dan Marino fits in a conversation with Lawrence

GIF by UFC

I have no idea where Dan Marino fits in a conversation with Lawrence

GIF by UFC

Marino's statistics had a precipitous dropoff in 1985 compared to 1984 (still very good). I was stating Lawrence had a statistical dropoff in year 3 (as did Marino). That's all.

I think youre confusing "earned" with "given". Just because you are given something, doesnt mean youve earned it.

We cant win with a $20 million Tua, how are we going to win with a $55 million Tua? Asking for a friend.
Could be because we are winning with a 20 mil Tua, and would probably still with with Tua if he gets 55 mil, though I agree 55 might be a bit much to give him.

I find it very strange that any critique of Tua is automatically taken as "hate". I can truly say that I have nothing but hope and positive feelings toward Tua. But, I can also believe that he has not delivered much...yet. I'm hoping that changes this year.

Critique of obvious true issues of Tua are fine, but the people who do the critique of him, rarely keep it to his real short comings, but areas that he really not bad at.

Look at you calling him earlier not a winner, while in the last four season of his career, he is among the winning establishment QBs.

Say he has issues with injuries (Getting better there), say he is not as athletic as many other QB, even say his consistent at least one turnover per game is far too much, but saying he's not a winner, he has a weak arm, he does not care are all things said about him that are incorrect.

I see this as a twofold situation. I think most can agree. There has to be a winner and a loser. Just because a QB has a winning or losing record, doesn’t necessarily highlight the individual play of the QB. When it comes Tua specifically his play hasn’t been good which is the driving factor. We can talk about all the bad playcalling, drop passes, or McDaniel didn’t run the ball enough. When the ball was in his hands for the last opportunity, he always came up short. We’ve had a good sample size for the last two seasons of his play down the stretch, and he didn’t deliver.

When a QB throws a perfect throw for a TD or 1st down and it's dropped by the WR, the QB did not come up.short. he made the play.

Look at this last SB. Mahomes played like CRAP for over 3 quarters. But when he finally made the plays his WRS caught the ball.

The QBS aren't lighting it up all game against good teams. Normally it's 1 or 2 drives that make a dfettencw.

Look at the 2nd Buffalo game.
Allen played like crap. Yet a luck helmet bounce and a punt return are why they won. Yet he will get credit.

It's the way it is.

One gets a win with a punt return and helmet bounce.
One gets a loss from a perfectly thrown TD pass that was dropped

Marino's statistics had a precipitous dropoff in 1985 compared to 1984 (still very good). I was stating Lawrence had a statistical dropoff in year 3 (as did Marino). That's all.
I'm just not seeing it from Lawrence at all like you are. If he wasn't drafted #1 and labelled a "generational talent" then after his first 3 years people would be asking questions about him. Instead he's given the benefit of doubt for some reason, like he is still the anointed one.

I don’t understand how some of the people who use Tuas 34-19 record as bench mark are a lot of the same folks who go crazy on it being a “team game” when you point out he was 1-6 against good teams last year. Can’t have it both ways even tho @circumstances would probably like that

Last edited:
Look at you calling him earlier not a winner, while in the last four season of his career, he is among the winning establishment QBs
Tua struggled all of December. Tua hasn't won a play-off game. Burrow is a winner. Tua is a concern. Hopefully 2024 will be a better year.

Tua struggled all of December. Tua hasn't won a play-off game. Burrow is a winner. Tua is a concern. Hopefully 2024 will be a better year.
When Burrow has had the issues Tua has to deal with, does as bad or worse.

Critical players get hurt on Bengals, they fall apart, and no longer competing.

Critical players go down in Miami, Miami competitiveness goes down, but still good win games here and there.

Tua plays hurt, Miami competitive to somewhat competing. Tua hurt and out, team hurts badly.

Burrow playing hurt, Bengals somewhat competitive to not very compitive. Burrow hurt and out, team hurts badly.

I don’t understand how some of the people who use Tuas 34-19 record as bench mark are a lot of the same folks who go crazy on it being a “team game” when you point out he was 1-6 against good teams last year. Can’t have it both ways even tho @circumstances would probably like that

It’s a team game and he lost 1-6 against “good” teams and his overall record is 34-19

Can you see it is all true

When a QB throws a perfect throw for a TD or 1st down and it's dropped by the WR, the QB did not come up.short. he made the play.

Look at this last SB. Mahomes played like CRAP for over 3 quarters. But when he finally made the plays his WRS caught the ball.

The QBS aren't lighting it up all game against good teams. Normally it's 1 or 2 drives that make a dfettencw.

Look at the 2nd Buffalo game.
Allen played like crap. Yet a luck helmet bounce and a punt return are why they won. Yet he will get credit.

It's the way it is.

One gets a win with a punt return and helmet bounce.
One gets a loss from a perfectly thrown TD pass that was dropped
What is done is done and you can't come back from it. So you have to move on. As much as we hate drops they are part of the game, just like missing a wide-open receiver, these things happen, it's frustrating but it will happen over and over again. I am specifically pointing to the games, where the ball is in Tua's hands to deliver and he comes up short.

As for Allen getting credit who cares?? I clearly remember during Tua's first 2 seasons when the defense was the identity of the team and making plays putting the offense in good situations, didn't Tua not get the credit for team wins? Look at the Dallas game, where the offense was mediocre and the key player of that game was Jason Sanders but who got the credit? Like you said that is just the way it is.

Reactions: MDK
Back
Top Bottom