****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 397 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an old saying at the Blackjack tables that goes "Scared money never wins".

That applies to drafting Tua. We can't let fear of a potential injury stop us from drafting what could be a generational talent.

TFK

200.gif

To think...this word "generational" is as stuck to Tua as a magnet on his hip.Yet Burrow is the one with the generational season.

Unfortunately there is just no way of really knowing...as osteoarthritis develops in each person completely differently. The good news is that so far everything has been positive...so chances are it won't develop early on in his career. But the statistics of him developing it at some point in his life are pretty damning...and you have to weigh that. This could be a player that ultimately has his career cut short. Can you take a player like that at #5? I would because he has such amazing potential...but I sure as hell would be nervous and there is no way in hell I would trade up for him.

Like you, I'm not opposed to Tua now that he is showing signs of good healing, but I also agree that moving up to get him is unwise. I think many here are just blinded by the potential, and so, there is no price too high. There seems to be this thought that failing to take a massive risk is better than going safe, and this is true to a point, but if Tua fails due to injury or just not making the grade, the setback will be far worse because everyone just knows he could be Marino with the right staff or some better luck. While we are waiting, there are also good prospects (perhaps even better than Tua) that are likely within reach next draft.

I think you just reinforced the point I've been trying to make here lol Thank you! You want to throw multiple firsts at a guy who only has a 23% chance to ever make a pro-bowl? Much less, only has a 44% chance he will ever be a consistent starter? And THIS is a generational, once in a lifetime talent? WOW! I'm guessing those projections don't even consider his being injury prone? They usually don't.

Shall I go on? Selecting ANY of the other 3 supposedly non-generational talent candidates only loses us 10% chance in each category, yet we still keep our other picks? LOL

Pfft, based upon the projections you most graciously provided here, even suggesting Tua is worth multiple firsts is a joke. :wacky

Shall I go on? Selecting ANY of the other 3 supposedly non-generational talent candidates only loses us 10% chance in each category, yet we still keep our other picks? LOL
Please explain to us how we get Burrow without giving up any picks. I’ll hang up and listen.

Dare to be great. Most football players don't walk away from the game without leaving part of them behind. If Tua can give us 5-7 year of very good to great QB play then sign me up.

True. But we have started to see players leave before they diminish their ability to lead a normal life after football. See Andrew Luck.

I think you just reinforced the point I've been trying to make here lol Thank you! You want to throw multiple firsts at a guy who only has a 23% chance to ever make a pro-bowl? Much less, only has a 44% chance he will ever be a consistent starter? And THIS is a generational, once in a lifetime talent? WOW! I'm guessing those projections don't even consider his being injury prone? They usually don't.

Pfft, based upon the projections you most graciously provided here, even suggesting Tua is worth multiple firsts is a joke. :wacky
Is this real life? Do you think they ever give players 100% grades? or super high even?

Is this real life? Do you think they ever give players 100% grades? or super high even?

How does that matter? Taking a risk like that should get any manager of any kind fired. Just an opinion, dude. But, pretty sure I'm not wrong on this one.

Another question for the board:

If injuries are the main detraction for folks who don’t want to pick Tua at 5 or earlier, shouldn’t the fact that Miami has tons of picks in next years draft as well be an incentive to take the risk? Not to say his injuries would necessarily bite him in year 1, but worst case the team could just use picks to get back into the top handful next year and draft another QB. I mean if there’s any year you can kind of take a risk for a guy you prefer, isn’t this the season?

Actually, next year's picks make the problem worse. Tua is expected to sit almost an entire season. There is no way they will spend another first rounder on a QB next year without having given Tua sufficient time to prove himself.

I heard it on 790 the ticket. They had some guy on from tmz sports he was talking the buzz around the league and that's what he said about Miami. He also said some teams have had talks with Detroit and the giants about moving up but he didn't mention who for
But he did talk alot about simmons.

Actually, next year's picks make the problem worse. Tua is expected to sit almost an entire season. There is no way they will spend another first rounder on a QB next year without having given Tua sufficient time to prove himself.
I thought he was already fully cleared to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom