****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 399 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds about right. A penis can't even be broken, but leave it to Tua to find a way! :lol:
He's getting both tightrope surgery and a metal plate installed.

Doctors say he is cleared to do a full workout regime with it and should be at full strength by training camp with extremely low chance of reinjuring it.

He's getting both tightrope surgery and a metal plate installed.

Doctors say he is cleared to do a full workout regime with it and should be at full strength by training camp with extremely low chance of reinjuring it.
Yes but his arthritis will be disabling

23% and 66% is actually pretty high for a QB. Less chance of hitting a QB than at other positions, but the value when a team does it far outweighs the value of any other position.

First, it is 66%, not 44% chance of being a consistent starter. Must have been a typo.

And it doesn't say make the pro-bowl, it says pro bowl caliber. Nice twist.

Who are the pro bowl caliber QBs? Brady, Mahomes, Watson, Roethlesberger, Brees, Wilson, Rogers, Prescott.

Why should a team takes the risk on a 23% chance of being a pro bowl caliber QB? If/when a team does hit at QB that team has a good chance of making the playoffs and annual event, not an anomaly.
No typo, but yeah, I meant there's a 44% chance he'll never be a consistently starting QB. I consider that way too high for a supposed generational talent.

The guys making these projections appear to be accounting for just how much impact a generational talent has over a merely competent QB. Only 10% difference. Is that 10% difference really worth another 1st? I don't think so. Since there's also reasonable suspicion that he'll be as injury prone in the NFL as he has been in college, it's really just throwing good money after bad.

History has shown that QBs taken later in the first round aren't necessarily worse bets to reach the thresholds they are talking about. I'm only saying that we should not reach for him. Trading up is reaching. I would not do it if I were Grier. I'm pretty sure he won't.

Last edited:
He's the type of fan who would be ecstatic to have a QB like Mahommes, but rips the organization at every opportunity until the very second that QB shows elite skill. Apparently, if you make an aggressive move for a QB, it has to be for a guy 100% guaranteed to be pro bowl caliber or else you're a bad GM.
Gah, can you at least give me a friggin' 50% chance he'd make a pro-bowl one day? Then I might be ok with throwing a little more at him. :wink

Last edited:
Joe Burrow had the best season ever - you hear that a lot. Before Burrow’s 2019 season happened, somebody else had the best season ever.

It was Tua in 2018 when he set an NCAA record for efficiency. He would’ve thrown 70 touchdowns had he played the second half of all those games like Burrow did.

People have to decide what they’re more inclined to believe - Burrow’s one season of magic after Joe Brady showed up, or Tua’s staggering consistency despite 3 different OC’s.

Injury may be the tie breaker for a lot of people, especially in the NFL since Herbert and Burrow suffered injuries earlier in their college careers - and were fortunate enough to stay healthy in 2019. But that all goes out the window when Joe Burrow or Justin Herbert get injured.

When. Not if.

The key is to be certain you’re taking the best quarterback, and that’s why you’re taking him - whoever it is.

If it was me, I probably wouldn’t bet on something as unpredictable as lightning strikes.

Joe Burrow had the best season ever - you hear that a lot. Before Burrow’s 2019 season happened, somebody else had the best season ever.

It was Tua in 2018 when he set an NCAA record for efficiency. He would’ve thrown 70 touchdowns had he played the second half of all those games like Burrow did.

People have to decide what they’re more inclined to believe - Burrow’s one season of magic after Joe Brady showed up, or Tua’s staggering consistency despite 3 different OC’s.

Injury may be the tie breaker for a lot of people, especially in the NFL since Herbert and Burrow suffered injuries earlier in their college careers - and were fortunate enough to stay healthy in 2019. But that all goes out the window when Joe Burrow or Justin Herbert get injured.

When. Not if.

The key is to be certain you’re taking the best quarterback, and that’s why you’re taking him - whoever it is.

If it was me, I probably wouldn’t bet on something as unpredictable as lightning strikes.

Stop making good points and logical sense. Many here won’t be able to handle it.

As someone else said...my expectations were apparently way too high. "This is the internet."

I expected an adult conversation where people operate on deductive logic and show a genuine and sincere intent to find a mutual ground if they disagree. I provided medical research to back my concerns associated with Tua's risk for arthritis.

What I got was mostly just a bunch of smart *** responses, personal attacks, and gifs. One user sought to justify this behavior by making a statement that is simply not true at all (that it had been discussed ad nauseum.)

But OK...its me being disrespectful - not the Tua mob. Got it.

Last edited:
Most of fan are fair of what happened to Drew Bress. When dolphins didnt pick him up in free agent.. I understand that. They have good point..back than I want Drew but Tua I just dont feel same way as Drew. That doesn't mean we shouldn't draft him..it up too front office..who they want as qb. It dont make no sense for us to be fighting over. Just because we dont agree on players.. this site supposed be fun.

Most of fan are fair of what happened to Drew Bress. When dolphins didnt pick him up in free agent.. I understand that. They have good point..back than I want Drew but Tua I just dont feel same way as Drew. That doesn't mean we shouldn't draft him..it up too front office..who they want as qb. It dont make no sense for us to be fighting over. Just because we dont agree on players.. this site supposed be fun.

Wildman!

This site is fun. A lot of fun. Believe me I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom