****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're really early in the process right now. All we're doing is speculating on what the doctor's told Tua on Friday. Once teams get access to the medical reports, and are able to have their own people examine him the noise around him will change. If everything comes back good, it wouldn't be surprising at all to start seeing reports about how Cinci's people are split on Tua v. Burrow. If things don't come back good? Well we probably won't be hearing about teams looking to trade up for him.

If Tua is at 5 then take him. After that we should be moving and setting ourselves up for riches in 2021. Try to get at least 1 more 1st rounder for next year.

I know not everyone is sold on an injured Tua at 5. My thought is every single QB pick is a complete crapshoot. I'm sure someone has the %, but it can't be too high. I would rather gamble on a QB that has been thought of by all personnel guy as generational over a project that might work out. I think the chances of Tua being healthy and a "left handed brees" is better that taking Love in the teens and crossing our fingers that this season was just a fluke for him.

First, if Tua is there at #5 and clears medical, I'm with you. I disagree with the bolded. If, in fact EVERY QB "is a crapshoot," why not just drop to R2 and get one? Their all a risk, right? Nope. Prior to injury, Tua was a highly likely successful NFL QB. Love and Hurts? Not so much. It's all about reducing risk and Tua's injury, for now, is a risk I don't think many teams will take. All teams will wiat for medical info. They have no choice.

What I meant was, Tua before the injury he was thought of as a can't miss. I think the gamble of him fully recovering and being "special" is better than the gamble of the QB's after him being "special".

Just look at the difference in ACL injuries from years past to now. In the past an ACL meant a LONG recovery and possibly done with a career. Now guys come back in 7ish months.

Off topic........but the guy in your Avatar lives about 45 miles from me. HeHe

Do you have an inferiority complex? Me being a mod has nothing to do with my question. The board reads the same for everybody unless you think a moderator has some secret vision and can read secret texts.

Since you are so infatuated with my mod status and you seem to refer to that almost every single time I suggest that you read the TOS

https://finheaven.com/help/finheaventos/

In regards to the rest of the post:
No, it has not been answered a thousand times. Tua is good enough to sell the house to move up in the draft but not god enough to be picked by the Bengals?

Let me ask you this: if we had the #1 pick in this year's draft who would you pick? Burrow or Tua?

Tua superthread my ... I am getting off your Ferris wheel ...

I have no more words for you -> I am annoying because I like 75% of the thread like Tua over Burrow. A Burrow who won't even be available at our pick.

We can trade up and go for Average Joe or possibly choose brilliance either could be done with one hit. David Overstreet (RIP) hardly got a chance killed in a car accident. No one writes their next chapter

The tape on Tua is out there already it speaks for itself...

Mel Kiper doesn't know what day of the week it is any more. Why the **** would a GM and HC on the hot seat risk their 1st round pick on an injured QB who will probably have to sit out the majority of the year they need to win in to save their jobs? So the next guys can benefit?

These guys just talk for the sake of it.

Mel Kiper doesn't know what day of the week it is any more. Why the **** would a GM and HC on the hot seat risk their 1st round pick on an injured QB who will probably have to sit out the majority of the year they need to win in to save their jobs? So the next guys can benefit?

These guys just talk for the sake of it.
What if the owner oks it? What if they sell the owner that Tua's the guy, that would actually give them an extra couple of years to work with...

Just like Marrone and Caldwell at the Jags, Patricia and Quinn are fighting for their jobs. They have Stafford who was playing well before his back injury and he's only 31. Don't see them trying to find his successor yet. I think they'll either try to trade down or pick a player to improve their defense with the 3rd pick.

What if the owner oks it? What if they sell the owner that Tua's the guy, that would actually give them an extra couple of years to work with...
You're right, after sacking Jim Caldwell after two 9-7 seasons and tolerating two crappy seasons with Patricia the Lions ownership are clearly idiots, so anything's possible.

Obviously possible, but i'm not sure how this works for them. The Lions need to win NOW and need players that can contribute right away. Is the QB position what's holding them back from a post-season berth? Can Tua come in and contribute more than Stafford can from day 1? Will Tua even be healthy enough by day 1? Moreoever, what do you do with Stafford who's still under contract?

It's already a risk move for the Dolphins @5 who don't have a QB beyond the last rental year of Fitz. How the heck do you sell Tua and that risk to a team that has a QB that can easily play 4-5 more years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom