Tua Tagovailoa's draft stock following injury | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa's draft stock following injury

The door has opened for Miami to snag Chase Young at No.2 and Tua with Pittsburghs pick.

Miami can take the chance other teams can’t.

Miami afford to fail on that pick.

In 2006 Miami passed on Drew Brees because of an injury that many people thought he could never recover from and the Dolphins let their fear pass on him. If he is available take him they can't let fear let them miss out on a QB many people feel has a chance to be elite. I would rather have Miami draft him and have him be awful then have him get drafted somewhere else and he becomes elite. Drafting a bust is an easier pill to swallow than passing on an elite talent.

Last edited:
Everyone who thinks that he’s going back to school. No chance he goes back. He has a multi million dollar insurance policy if he drops in the draft. He’s coming out. Why would he come back maybe not do as well, Miss out in his policy and risk not getting drafted. He’ll make the same if not more by collecting on his policy and getting taken before the third or so.

In 2006 Miami passed on Drew Brees because of an injury that many people thought he could never recover from and the Dolphins let their fear pass on him. If he is available take him they can't let fear let them miss out on a QB many people feel has a chance to be elite. I would rather have Miami draft him and have him be awful then have him get drafted somewhere else and he becomes elite. Drafting a bust is an easier pill to swallow than passing on an elite talent.

Spot on, your last line is right on the money.

The door has opened for Miami to snag Chase Young at No.2 and Tua with Pittsburghs pick.

Miami can take the chance other teams can’t.

Miami afford to fail on that pick.

If that’s the plan you better plan on taking tua at 2

if he gets a green light hip wise you better just take the bird in hand. Assuming cinci doesn’t beat you to it at #1

If that’s the plan you better plan on taking tua at 2

if he gets a green light hip wise you better just take the bird in hand. Assuming cinci doesn’t beat you to it at #1
3 surgeries in 2 years scares me away from Tua at 2. He won't get out of the top 10 so hope you can trade back into it and get him.

3 surgeries in 2 years scares me away from Tua at 2. He won't get out of the top 10 so hope you can trade back into it and get him.

If you are willing to take him at 8 you should be willing to take him at 2. You take him either your jobs gonna depend on it. So might as well make sure you get your guy you gonna ride or die with.

If you are willing to take him at 8 you should be willing to take him at 2. You take him either your jobs gonna depend on it. So might as well make sure you get your guy you gonna ride or die with.
Yeah but if you pull off Young at 2 and Tua at 8 you're getting the 2 best players in the draft.

Yeah but if you pull off Young at 2 and Tua at 8 you're getting the 2 best players in the draft.

I agree and this seems more like actually swinging for the fences. trade back up to get Tua if you need to. But it is risky. If the staff believes Tua can be an elite QB then take him at #2 or wherever our first pick ends up being. But If our staff doesnt Love Tua but actually loves Chase Young, take Chase young and see what happens with Tua.

Even if they Have Chase Young rated higher than Tua? Trying to get both of these guys would actually be swinging for the fences. Not just drafting Tua. and we have the ammo to pull it off.

Good Point but you can say the same thing if we pass on Chase Young for Tua and Young becomes an elite player and Tua doesnt. Everyone is still gripping on here about drafting Harris over TJ Watt. To me Chase Young is the absolute best player in the draft.

Good Point but you can say the same thing if we pass on Chase Young for Tua and Young becomes an elite player and Tua doesnt. Everyone is still gripping on here about drafting Harris over TJ Watt. To me Chase Young is the absolute best player in the draft.
10 out of 10 times I'm taking the potential franchise QB. Would Carolina rather have Like Kuechly or a franchise QB? Same with Chicago, Khalil Mack or a franchise QB?

10 out of 10 times I'm taking the potential franchise QB. Would Carolina rather have Like Kuechly or a franchise QB? Same with Chicago, Khalil Mack or a franchise QB?

Kuechly would probably have a super bowl ring if it weren't for a guy on the other side by the name of Von Miller. But I agree potential franchise QB > any other position. outside of Burrow and Tua i dont feel comfortable taking one that high even Tua because of the injuries. but this year we have the draft captial to really get Tua and Chase Young.

like hoops said if you're considering Tua top 10/15 you just take him with your first pick.

QBs are the trophy pig and we have another 2 first round picks to bolster positions on the o-line/defense/etc...as coveted as Chase Young is we need help everywhere not just at DE

We dont agree on a lot hoops but i totally agree with you on this, yes we have the tools to take an elite guy like Young or Thomas then trade up to get Tua. But, that's a completely unnecessary risk. Take him with 1A then if you find a player you love falling trade up for him. Hell trade up and take Young with the next pick but you cannot pass on the chance to get a great QB.

I know its a risk but taking him and having him sit next year letting him be groomed plus getting further from injury is a waaaaay smaller risk then taking another albeit elite guy at his position (Young/Thomas) and letting him slide and finding his footing elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom