Tua Tagovailoa's draft stock following injury | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa's draft stock following injury

I keep hearing "fully recover" and I'm sure they mean it but my question is when will he be "fully recovered?"

Unless I missed it I haven't heard any doctor said that he should fully recover AND will be able to play again.
Not saying he won't be able to but people are taking this "fully recover" to the extreme. "Fully recover" could be he will walk again fine as an everyday person does. I'm looking for the "fully recover and will play again at the same level he did before the injury.

Again, not saying he won't be. Just saying that "fully recover" doesn't mean he'll play QB in the NFL and it sure doesn't mean he'll play as good as it was projected before the injury.

The end.
Right. And when you think about recovery time, if he can't play until 2021 then why risk the injury factor when there are other highly rated QB's that may be available in the 2021 draft.

When the line comes out I’ll be placing a bet Tua is a first round draft choice. Easy money.

So it turns out at My MyBookie you can bet on how many QB’s are taken before Tua and what round. I bet the under at 2.5 QB’s drafted before Tua and I bet he’d be a first round pick.

I guess the good news is we don't have to decide now. Between now and the draft a ton of info on Tua will be constantly flowing. I want to make a sound medical decision on Tua. At the appropriate time we should examine the kid and go through ALL of the existing medical info on Tua and make a decision. If our staff gives Tua the medical green light then it's up to the powers that be if he is our guy. My concern is that there will be many shades of grey regarding the injury. What amount of explosion has he lost, will it effect his passing the ball because setting your feet is vital to a QBs accuracy or can he still use his great elusiveness to escape the pocket?? Many questions, maybe too many. But, like I say, we don't have to decide now!

I guess the good news is we don't have to decide now. Between now and the draft a ton of info on Tua will be constantly flowing. I want to make a sound medical decision on Tua. At the appropriate time we should examine the kid and go through ALL of the existing medical info on Tua and make a decision. If our staff gives Tua the medical green light then it's up to the powers that be if he is our guy. My concern is that there will be many shades of grey regarding the injury. What amount of explosion has he lost, will it effect his passing the ball because setting your feet is vital to a QBs accuracy or can he still use his great elusiveness to escape the pocket?? Many questions, maybe too many. But, like I say, we don't have to decide now!

Good questions IMO. In fact I was not even considering the possibility the injury might impact his throwing.
Obviously an extensive evaluation on all fronts will be needed if you're going to heavily invest...

Reactions: BSQ
I saw Drew Rosenhaus on the sports Sunday night. He said this injury is about as bad an injury as it gets. He said it's a long rehab before anybody can even guess what the kid's future will be. Drew usually tries to look on the bright side of things but he was unusually somber regarding this particular injury. The draft is in 6 months give or take. What will we know for sure within this time period and will it be enough for us to push all of our chips into the pot? Our own Albert Wilson is recovering from a much less severe hip injury and he doesn't, at this point, look close to the athlete he was prior to the injury.

This is a true bummer and so Dolphin. We tank all year for a player who gets very badly injured in late November before the draft. The only good news is that it was not a one player tank. It was about getting younger, cheaper and better through the draft. Hopefully, there's a QB waiting for us to pick him when it's our turn and he's a guy we can all get excited about. Otherwise, I'm not sure this was worth it.

I posted this in the other thread, but i will add it here too.

Conflicting reports from all over the place. Hard for me to believe he'll be out there throwing a football in 3 months. If he is then I believe he's been rushed and it could really backfire. They need to let the kid heal man.

Conflicting reports from all over the place. Hard for me to believe he'll be out there throwing a football in 3 months. If he is then I believe he's been rushed and it could really backfire. They need to let the kid heal man.
yes, its going to be this way all the way till combine time.

Def a concern as to how the hip may be susceptible at the pro level, I’d like to wait til March April to see where he’s at in his rehab..

You can expect lots of spin on this subject as vested interests play out.
Best to keep it simple for now. Consensus is the kid suffered a major
(potentially career threatening) injury. There is definitely a significant
rehab in front of him and the outcome is yet to be determined.

Exactly how the hip surgery coupled with the 2 ankle surgeries will
impact this kids performance is certainly a matter of concern.

Beyond that, if the kid can compete and make it as a PRO -- how
much can a team count on in terms of durability and longevity?

Reports are all over the place....

But, we have three 1st round picks this year, isnt this the time to swing for the fences? Take Tua with our first pick (or the steelers pick for those who dont want to miss out on 'elite' talent :rolleyes: )

Let him recover for the year. We know next year we wont be serious contenders most likely. Tua could rehab and learn the playbook, gain chemistry with the team, and hopefully be ready to rock next year.

In this scenario, I'm drafting a qb in the middle rounds too somewhere to try to develop. Always need back ups.

Back
Top Bottom