Tua to Lions? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua to Lions?

EROCK528

Active Roster
Reaction score
While Stafford is signed through 2022...the Lions have an easy out after 2020. Do you think they would go after Tua and have him sit behind Stafford in 2020 and then move on from Stafford and have Tua as the Lion's QB of the future?

If the regime is retained I didn’t think they would take Tua. They have to win now to keep their jobs. Plus there will probably be a new owner soon

Can’t see him going there. That team needs players on defense. I can also see them taking Jeudy if not defense, that team is void of WRs since Calvin Johnson.

No, both the HC and GM are in the last chance saloon and need to win next year to keep their jobs. They're taking a player who can help them do that, not a long-term project. Even a healthy first-round QB would be a risk they can't take.

Well before Stafford got hurt his stats show he was having a great year. 3-4-1 record, Not good but he had 19 TD, 5 INT. QB Rating 106.0. I don’t think they take Tua.

It's a possibility for sure, don't discount it. I think we may end up trying to trade up, which is gonna hurt our overall draft.

I think the Lions will only draft Tua if they hire a new HC and they can sit him for a year behind Stafford while he fully recovers from his latest surgery. If they retain their HC, he will want to add defensive players in the draft because he will be on the hot seat next year and be expected to win. He won’t want to draft Tua because the Lions have too many other needs and Stafford is still a relatively young QB.

Lions won't draft Tua, but if another team wants to draft Tua, Lions would be the ideal trading partner. Teams like the Charges, Panthers, and Jaguars now have a way to jump ahead of Miami. I don't think the Bengals, Giants, and Skins are willing to trade down, but Lions could definitely open up the top 5 to the highest bidder.

I can see Tua going to the chargers if the Phins pass him up. He’d do well there to sit behind Rivers.

Rivers is done tbh, I thought going into this season he had 3 or 4 years left but in all honesty he's hurting them right now. He'll probably still be the starter next season, but if they draft a 1st round QB this draft , like NYG the clamor to get the kid in the game will to too loud to withstand. That's not a great for Tua if he's not going to be 100% next season. I think the Chargers do take a first round QB, I think Herbert is more like unless they trade past us though.

Back
Top Bottom