Tua to Lions? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua to Lions?

So ****ing ironic that a ****ing one year deal 50 years old QB would **** us out of range of drafting an elite QB prospect... This is so ****ing Dolphins...

To be honest, even if we did get said quarterback, we would probably ruin his career before it even started because like you said we are the Dolphins.

I think it’s possible but more likely they’d get out staffords money this offseason. I could see them moving on if they can find a taker for that contract.

You think Patricia has that type of time? I don’t think they are going to want to wait 2-3 years for a an to develop when they have one that had almost a 4:1 td to not ratio and need a lot of help

The Dolphins have all the time in the world, it's not like the owner wants to win now or at any time. The only thing that can stop them from perpetually fkn around is an apocalypse.

I think the Chargers will be Tua's floor in the draft (assuming he comes out). If medical reports come back positive I still think he goes #1.
He isn't going #1. The Bengals don't have the balls, imagination or lateral thinking to take him no matter what his medical report says. They take the home-state guy who won the Heisman and had the best stats every time. That's not to disrespect what Burrow has achieved this year, which is special, but some teams would question and look at every option. The Bengals are not one of those teams.

While Stafford is signed through 2022...the Lions have an easy out after 2020. Do you think they would go after Tua and have him sit behind Stafford in 2020 and then move on from Stafford and have Tua as the Lion's QB of the future?
if lions dont win next yr they will have new coaching staff.. so lion coaches should be in win know mood to protect there job

The Dolphins have all the time in the world, it's not like the owner wants to win now or at any time. The only thing that can stop them from perpetually fkn around is an apocalypse.
No HC have all time in world.this business is about winning..flores sign 5 yr deal. Doesn't say Ross got wait 5 yr to fire Flores. That maybe reason why he win sunday

Tua best bet is go to chargers or get draft later in draft..

Nothing but a hunch, but I think the Lions would take Herbert over Tua if they are both still on the board.

Nothing but a hunch, but I think the Lions would take Herbert over Tua if they are both still on the board.

I am of this opinion as well.

I really believe that unless Tua actually does a gymnastics routine at the combine, complete with a certificate of perfect health from numerous doctors, he will be available for Miami at 5, if they want him. And I believe they do, and will take him.

best thing the lions could do is to trade down for more picks.....they have plenty of needs and one player won't fix all their problems. I don't believe they'll draft Tua but a team could trade up with them in order to draft Tua.

I doubt the Lions honestly. They have a lot of money invested in Stafford, he is only 31 and before injury was playing really well. Plus both the coach and GM were given an ultimatum about competing next year

Seriously? We're out of range?

Yesterday was a disastrous victory, far worse than any of the prior 3. The ultra elite talent level tends to fall off after pick 4, even in the best draft years. I have seen that broken down all my life. The last thing we needed to do was blow a tank to such extreme we drop outside the top 4. Now we are dependent on other teams making mistakes. Or surrendering our bonus capital, assuming a team above is willing to do so. Lousy scenario either way.

I'm not referring to quarterback exclusively within the top 4. Any position. There are distinct tiers of talent level. Check the 1989 draft for a glaring example of how the talent plunges sharply by tier. Deion Sanders dropped to 5th but that was only because he had Barry Sanders and Derrick Thomas in front of him. Troy Aikman was first. Only the mirage that Tony Mandarich was a freak player shifted the ordering and allowed Sanders to fall to 5th. That's what I mean by now probably needing a mistake above, if let's say we pick 5th.

Obviously there are exceptions. Fan message boards are loaded with posters who scamper to identify the outlier example, as if that means anything at all. Over time and more often that not there is a far greater opportunity to claim an all-time player if you are within those top 1-4 picks. Here is a link below devoted to Hall of Famers since 1977. Note the very distinct and logical tier of 1-4, then another distinct tier at 5-10, another tier at 11-19, and then a drop-off where it basically requires a super sharp general manager to find the exact guy.

There are as many Hall of Famers within the top 4 picks of the first round, than rounds 2, 3 and 4 combined. We needed Grier's task to be an easy as possible. Now we are forcing him to perform above his talent level.

Last edited:
The best thing about yesterday is the Chiefs win against the Bears as it makes the Patriots game against the Dolphins significantly important for the Pats as the #2 seed hangs in the balance.

If Miami somehow wins that game the Dolphins may be picking at #8.

Also, everyone focusses on the 1st round and understandably so, but drafting with the 5th pick in every round rather than the first can also lead Grier to do something rash in any round in order to move up a few spots to get their guy.

So drafting 5th in each round (actually they will rotate with Giants every round between 5th and 4th assuming both go 4-12 and Washington and Detroit lose next week) leads Miami to drop back 25 picks overall had they been in Cincy's position.

This year wasn't a tank, more like a Pinto.

Last edited:
Yesterday was a disastrous victory, far worse than any of the prior 3. The ultra elite talent level tends to fall off after pick 4, even in the best draft years. I have seen that broken down all my life. The last thing we needed to do was blow a tank to such extreme we drop outside the top 4. Now we are dependent on other teams making mistakes. Or surrendering our bonus capital, assuming a team above is willing to do so. Lousy scenario either way.

I'm not referring to quarterback exclusively within the top 4. Any position. There are distinct tiers of talent level. Check the 1989 draft for a glaring example of how the talent plunges sharply by tier. Deion Sanders dropped to 5th but that was only because he had Barry Sanders and Derrick Thomas in front of him. Troy Aikman was first. Only the mirage that Tony Mandarich was a freak player shifted the ordering and allowed Sanders to fall to 5th. That's what I mean by now probably needing a mistake above, if let's say we pick 5th.

Obviously there are exceptions. Fan message boards are loaded with posters who scamper to identify the outlier example, as if that means anything at all. Over time and more often that not there is a far greater opportunity to claim an all-time player if you are within those top 1-4 picks. Here is a link below devoted to Hall of Famers since 1977. Note the very distinct and logical tier of 1-4, then another distinct tier at 5-10, another tier at 11-19, and then a drop-off where it basically requires a super sharp general manager to find the exact guy.

There are as many Hall of Famers within the top 4 picks of the first round, than rounds 2, 3 and 4 combined. We needed Grier's task to be an easy as possible. Now we are forcing him to perform above his talent level.

I guess we might as well turn in our picks and skip this one.

Back
Top Bottom