Tua to Lions? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua to Lions?

The lions arent stupid enough to draft a QB coming off a hip injury that will have to sit out a whole year in the top 5.

When Tua was heathy half the people on here didn’t want him and doubted he was worthy of the top pick.

Now, he breaks his hip, and everyone wants to draft him top 5 lol.

Yesterday was a disastrous victory, far worse than any of the prior 3. The ultra elite talent level tends to fall off after pick 4, even in the best draft years. I have seen that broken down all my life. The last thing we needed to do was blow a tank to such extreme we drop outside the top 4. Now we are dependent on other teams making mistakes. Or surrendering our bonus capital, assuming a team above is willing to do so. Lousy scenario either way.

I'm not referring to quarterback exclusively within the top 4. Any position. There are distinct tiers of talent level. Check the 1989 draft for a glaring example of how the talent plunges sharply by tier. Deion Sanders dropped to 5th but that was only because he had Barry Sanders and Derrick Thomas in front of him. Troy Aikman was first. Only the mirage that Tony Mandarich was a freak player shifted the ordering and allowed Sanders to fall to 5th. That's what I mean by now probably needing a mistake above, if let's say we pick 5th.

Obviously there are exceptions. Fan message boards are loaded with posters who scamper to identify the outlier example, as if that means anything at all. Over time and more often that not there is a far greater opportunity to claim an all-time player if you are within those top 1-4 picks. Here is a link below devoted to Hall of Famers since 1977. Note the very distinct and logical tier of 1-4, then another distinct tier at 5-10, another tier at 11-19, and then a drop-off where it basically requires a super sharp general manager to find the exact guy.

There are as many Hall of Famers within the top 4 picks of the first round, than rounds 2, 3 and 4 combined. We needed Grier's task to be an easy as possible. Now we are forcing him to perform above his talent level.

You still can get great player at 5.. these nfl scouts dont know which player is really going be great. Borrow going to bengals..idk how this going turn out. AFC north division is rough He would be better off in afc east on dolphins team.

You still can get great player at 5.. these nfl scouts dont know which player is really going be great. Borrow going to bengals..idk how this going turn out. AFC north division is rough He would be better off in afc east on dolphins team.

Anyone that starts their post with "disastrous victory" you probably should ignore going forward.

Yesterday was a disastrous victory, far worse than any of the prior 3. The ultra elite talent level tends to fall off after pick 4, even in the best draft years. I have seen that broken down all my life. The last thing we needed to do was blow a tank to such extreme we drop outside the top 4. Now we are dependent on other teams making mistakes. Or surrendering our bonus capital, assuming a team above is willing to do so. Lousy scenario either way.

I'm not referring to quarterback exclusively within the top 4. Any position. There are distinct tiers of talent level. Check the 1989 draft for a glaring example of how the talent plunges sharply by tier. Deion Sanders dropped to 5th but that was only because he had Barry Sanders and Derrick Thomas in front of him. Troy Aikman was first. Only the mirage that Tony Mandarich was a freak player shifted the ordering and allowed Sanders to fall to 5th. That's what I mean by now probably needing a mistake above, if let's say we pick 5th.

Obviously there are exceptions. Fan message boards are loaded with posters who scamper to identify the outlier example, as if that means anything at all. Over time and more often that not there is a far greater opportunity to claim an all-time player if you are within those top 1-4 picks. Here is a link below devoted to Hall of Famers since 1977. Note the very distinct and logical tier of 1-4, then another distinct tier at 5-10, another tier at 11-19, and then a drop-off where it basically requires a super sharp general manager to find the exact guy.

There are as many Hall of Famers within the top 4 picks of the first round, than rounds 2, 3 and 4 combined. We needed Grier's task to be an easy as possible. Now we are forcing him to perform above his talent level.

Excellent point for me the four Elite prospects in this draft are Burrow, Young, Thomas and Tua, the rest of the potential first rounders can honestly fall anywhere in the round. The injury to Tua is our only hope and thje fact there are 2 QBs in that list with only one team above us being certain QB takers. I worry about the Skins and Detroit, the Skins because we don't know who will take over and the success Murray has had with the Cards setting a precedent for taking another QB in round one the year after you took your first swing for the fences. Detroit because we have no clue what they will do. Then there always the another team to trade up problem.

I don't see how if things check the boxes in Tua's recovery, that we don't trade up now, complete waste of that 1c and whatever else we have to put in there, when if we had just lost we could have had our choice of anyone outside of Burrow in this draft.

Anyone that starts their post with "disastrous victory" you probably should ignore going forward.
So wrong - Read Doogers post read all of his posts go back and read everyone one of Doogers posts from his beginnings here on FH

Then give one’s head a shake - dude has provided great football information over the years and what have you provided???

it was a meaningless victory in a tank season

So wrong - Read Doogers post read all of his posts go back and read everyone one of Doogers posts from his beginnings here on FH

Then give one’s head a shake - dude has provided great football information over the years and what have you provided???

it was a meaningless victory in a tank season

I read my post and i stand by them.
I have and can form my own thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom