Tua to Lions? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua to Lions?

So ****ing ironic that a ****ing one year deal 50 years old QB would **** us out of range of drafting an elite QB prospect... This is so ****ing Dolphins...

Seriously? We're out of range?

As has already been said, everyone's jobs are on the line & Stafford wasn't the problem. They need immediate help on all three levels of defense. I think the bigger threat is someone like Las Vegas or Jacksonville, both w/two first round picks, deciding to make a switch at QB & trading up. Or maybe Indianapolis, Carolina, or the Chargers sell out.

I can see Tua going to the chargers if the Phins pass him up. He’d do well there to sit behind Rivers.
We had a discussion today at the tailgate and I mentioned the Chargers as a possible destination. If the Chargers resign Rivers to end his career one day with the Chargers Tua would be a fit. He can rehab behind Rivers for a year and then brought slowly into the NFL.

Tua's most likely landing spot will be a team who can afford to take a chance with a QB who probably needs a lengthy rehab period.
Requirement: currently having a starter who might be heading slowly towards the end of his career.

Lions won’t take him, this is their coaches last chance, if he doesn’t go atleast 8-8 he’s gone next year. Most likely they go Oline,Okudah maybe simmons, could see wr. Honestly unless Tuan injury somehow makes him better taking him top 10 is too risky for any team. We are the only team that can afford to and not have it be a huge reach given our draft capital.

Maybe not..but my point remains?
Are we or are we not?

Which is it?
The further down the draft we go, the more out of range we get...? What the hell are you asking me here?

The further down the draft we go, the more out of range we get...? What the hell are you asking me here?

Lol, that's not what you said...you said

"**** us out of range of drafting an elite QB prospect"

Then you said

"Out? maybe not, my point remains..."

So which is it? Are we out of range or are we not out of range?

Lol, that's not what you said...you said

"**** us out of range of drafting an elite QB prospect"

Then you said

"Out? maybe not, my point remains..."

So which is it? Are we out of range or are we not out of range?

Lions won't draft Tua, but if another team wants to draft Tua, Lions would be the ideal trading partner. Teams like the Charges, Panthers, and Jaguars now have a way to jump ahead of Miami. I don't think the Bengals, Giants, and Skins are willing to trade down, but Lions could definitely open up the top 5 to the highest bidder.

I think you are exactly correct. This team has an outstanding QB and many needs.

I think it’s possible but more likely they’d get out staffords money this offseason. I could see them moving on if they can find a taker for that contract.

so a team with a ‘broke back’ qb wants to draft a qb with 2 bad ankles AND a busted hip?? and someone up here said the Ford’s are looking to sell their team! it’s The Ford family; they dont just make cars/trucks/suvs/commercial vehcs... they make parts too.
dont bet on a sale happening in your lifetime.

So ****ing ironic that a ****ing one year deal 50 years old QB would **** us out of range of drafting an elite QB prospect... This is so ****ing Dolphins...
He didn't sign himself. He didn't insert himself into the starting lineup.

Quite frankly, he's done well enough that I'd prefer trading back time and again, collecting more picks, and filling out this roster while starting him next year and continue to develop the physically talented Rosen over the next year. There's too many great players with healthy hips, knees, and ankles in this draft to waste a 5th pick.

Back
Top Bottom