Tua vs. Herbert/Burrow | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua vs. Herbert/Burrow

So you are saying that Flores replaced a decent QB coming off a good game on a team that was .500 with a rookie QB knowing that his hip would be a negative factor in his play?? Again, if this was the case, Flores should be fired.
Good Lord. The hip was not a factor as to play him or not. The hip injury was a factor on the type of player he would be this year because it completely wipped out all off-season strength/conditioning which resulted in Tua not being at his normal (pre-injury condition)physical readiness. Ok now keep up here his is 100% healed and there is no increased risk for re-injury.

Now the first big decision comes into play before the season. Option 1 Flo is not comfortable with his level of play in his current level of strength and conditioning. If Flo felt this way then he could have carried an extra QB. This would allow Tua to just focus on strength/conditioning which is good but has two downsides. First we waste a roster spot on a 3rd QB and second Tua loses reps in practice. Second option is just accept that this will be the level of strength/conditioning Tua will have to play this season at. Well Flo picked this option. Again at this point the hip doesn't matter, its healed and Flo has just accepted where Tua is at from a strength/conditioning stand point.

Now the second decision was when Flo opted to start Tua. This is were nobody can know for sure other then Flo. But again the hip is not a factor anymore. Maybe The was great in practice? Nobody but can really know why.

Now this is my personal opinion/theory on why he went with Tua. I think Flo wants to win now, but also has a long term plan set out from the beginning. I believe Flo thought he could go with Tua and win the same amount of games by changing the Offensive philosophy a little. Basically Fitz would give us more downfield offensive, but he is Fitzmagic/Fitztragic for a reason. I think he went with Tua play conservative as the D was playing great. Win the same amount of games and get Tua live reps. Whether he was right or wrong is up to debate.

Gotcha, so I guess Tua's 11 TDs count for more points then Herbert's 31 TDs because they came in different quarters.

Again, just more excuses and no accountability at all on Tua and his play. What is so bad about being critical of Tua when he is deserving of criticism??
Nothing, unless we’re talking about Herbert, like right now

The thing is that the vast majority of posters here are blind. We would have had the same record last year with anyone mediocre QB. Our record is a reflection or our coaching. Herbert and Burrow are better QBs but they are on pure **** teams with **** coaching. Neither of those teams would make the playoffs with even Brady at QB.

The thing is that the vast majority of posters here are blind. We would have had the same record last year with anyone mediocre QB. Our record is a reflection or our coaching. Herbert and Burrow are better QBs but they are on pure **** teams with **** coaching. Neither of those teams would make the playoffs with even Brady at QB.

I don't believe that. I think the Chargers will challenge for a playoff spot this year first of all.

Secondly, you make a decision to play a rookie over a vet even though they might get you the same record. A vet really doesn't have much if any room for growth whereas a rookie can take huge leaps.

You're right. Tua was better than Herbert last year. Everyone on the planet except for 10 or so Dolphins' fans on this site is wrong about what they saw last year.
Misquoting is such a bad look

it is cup half full not cup half empty when it comes to Tua 2

The FO bought damaged goods I don’t believe they care what Herbert was doing unless it was against them and against them well.... ...

I don’t think the FO cares one iota about ROY awards when their 5th OA could have been easily Placed on IR

Imho Herbert has more explaining to do than Tua 45-0 ass kicking from Jags upon Jags - that is part of the resume like it or not

ROY awards or not the D coordinators are going to ape crazy in the off-season looking at the games the pats and fins played

Misquoting is such a bad look

it is cup half full not cup half empty when it comes to Tua 2

The FO bought damaged goods I don’t believe they care what Herbert was doing unless it was against them and against them well.... ...

I don’t think the FO cares one iota about ROY awards when their 5th OA could have been easily Placed on IR

Imho Herbert has more explaining to do than Tua 45-0 *** kicking from Jags upon Jags - that is part of the resume like it or not

ROY awards or not the D coordinators are going to ape crazy in the off-season looking at the games the pats and fins played
I hope you're right because well really it looked like Herbert was the better player last year. I'm not against Tua, never have been. Wasn't sold like some coming out of college but he's our QB now so here we go. I can understand why people like him, I did see some promise last year.

However, he really needs to ball out this year or he's bordering on a bad pick. He has the WR's in place, the O-line is what it is but it's not like the other top 6 QB's had a good O-line last year.

I'm supporting Tua but anyone who thinks Herbert didn't have a better season and show more needs to rethink it. Yes, tons of variables at play.

Tua really needs to take a big step forward this season or the noise will get justifiably louder. For the record, I think he will.
Herbert did have a better season no question

I hope you're right because well really it looked like Herbert was the better player last year. I'm not against Tua, never have been. Wasn't sold like some coming out of college but he's our QB now so here we go. I can understand why people like him, I did see some promise last year.

However, he really needs to ball out this year or he's bordering on a bad pick. He has the WR's in place, the O-line is what it is but it's not like the other top 6 QB's had a good O-line last year.
I am not concerned - Tua will move fluidly and build trust with his Weapons this year

Both Herbert and Tua are hard working, humble/coachable guys that are future stars. Why criticize either of them? In a redo I draft Herbert (I like the height/ cannon arm) but that doesn't mean I don't fully support Tua 100% and appreciate his game/skillset. The Bolts, Phins and the NFL are lucky to have team oriented guys like these two.

I think most fans can watch a game and tell if a player plays well or not, regardless of whether they win or lose.

Griese only threw 11 and 7 passes as the Dolphins ran the ball at an almost 5:1 ratio
Ben and Elway played terribly, and yes, their teams won in spite of them
Tom Brady played below average, but he did lead the team down the field at the end of the game to set up a game winning FG

They all get credit for the wins, just as Tua does, but it doesn't change the way they actually played. You are using SB performances as well, so if Tua plays like crap in a SB and we win, I'd be perfectly fine with that! He'd be the one to get us there.
You’ve clearly never been part of a game day thread here at fin heaven.

Cool so let me try this logic but if we're not counting regular season games let's also do it for THE big game.

Bob Griese had 73 yards and 88 yards passing yards in both his SB wins. So he's not really a SB winning QB right? And without those 2 SB wins he's not up for the HOF; remove his bust!

Big Ben and John Elway had exactly 123 yards passing with 0 TDs in their 1st SB win, I guess they should each be credited with 1 SB win instead of 2.

Brady only had 145 yards in his first SB win that's less than what Trent Dilfer threw in his SB win so I guess it's time to remove the GOAT label.

You went back 50 years when there wasn't a single QB in the league that threw for 2900 yards to draw a parallel with Tua and you want to be taken more seriously than the guy who started this thread with Joe Burrow is known as a strong-armed QB?

If it means that much to you **** it you can have it. Seems like a waste of time on my end.

Put Herbert's performance on the Dolphins and we probably would've made the playoffs

I think you need to read it again. I said what if we had Herbert's PERFORMANCE last year. Meaning if we produced 4300 yards, 31 TDs, and a QB rating of 98.3 at the QB position (and that was only for 15 starts), we probably would've made the playoffs last year.

But whatever, you are convinced Tua's the guy, I am hopeful that he is.
I Am Serious And Don T Call Me Shirley GIFs | Tenor
Weapons and OL, no way does Herbert have the same stats

Back
Top Bottom