Tua year 2 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua year 2

I may be in a minority. I'm not saying TT DOESN'T need to get in better NFL shape, but, IMO, his biggest progress needs to be the mental part - reading Ds, quicker decisions. And, for the record, I expect that.

He said he felt like he was moving in quick sand after the Arizona game. It's possible he didn't have his complete mobility back this past season, so I'm optimistic he will look leagues better this season.

Let me know when he is actually throwing with his receivers to develop some chemistry.

His legs are like tree trunks he is built low to the ground

His balance in college was great and after the injury he didn’t look to have his confidence (can hardly blame him) but don’t forget he hasn’t reached man strength yet

The entire rookie class has not reached their strength particularly Austin Jackson and Iggy

I expect jumps from the rookie class
The thing that bothered me the most was Tua would get sacked if he got touched. I don't get to watch college because I work Saturdays so I'm glad to hear he had good balance.. it was a major problem last year but he's gonna take off after a whole off-season of strength and hopefully full camps.

The thing that bothered me the most was Tua would get sacked if he got touched. I don't get to watch college because I work Saturdays so I'm glad to hear he had good balance.. it was a major problem last year but he's gonna take off after a whole off-season of strength and hopefully full camps.
We werent watching the same games... Tua got out of free rushers at a good clip this season, not sure where you got that impression...

I think he's going to put up better #s then Herbert this year.

What I do find weird is no comments from anyone from the offense, like Parker, Gesicki,Bowden,Gaskins
You mean twitter comments?

I think he's going to put up better #s then Herbert this year.

What I do find weird is no comments from anyone from the offense, like Parker, Gesicki,Bowden,Gaskins
I donno if he will reach Herbert's rookie numbers, but neither will Herbert. Herbert put up some crazy stats but he also did it with some amazing WRs. Keenan Allen is a top 5 WR and Mike Williams is a huge athletic target.

I'll say this, I like Tuas chances of having better numbers in 2021 than Herbert will though. Herbert has a new coaching staff plus his numbers from 2020 will make coaches look twice at his tape before playing the Chargers this year. A sophomore slump is definitely in the cards for Herbert.

As for Tua, if he can use this offseason to gain some explosiveness and throwing power (which it appears hes doing) and we don't neglect the obvious elephant in the room being the awful wide receiving core. (Parker dead last in creating spereration and Williams 5th to last) Tuas numbers should massively improve.

I think we need to really focus on life after Davonte Parker. He is just too inconsistent, hes always hurt and it seems like jump balls are his best trait. Something Tua is not into doing. They don't mesh well together. Then you see the lack of separation stats and its just too much for me. Im done with Parker. I wouldn't mind if by 2022, we had replaced every last wide receiver currently on the roster.

Both of you are right. When he replaced Fitz mid season, he got out of pocket pretty good and showed some quick steps. Toward the end of the season, he looked like a Tannehill 2.0

Tua will be faster and stronger in year 2. He will show he is more like Steve Young. Phins need to add 2 fast and quick route running WRs. It would also help to bring Wilson back from the opt out last year. Lynn Bowden will stay and Parker. Everybody else will need to fight for a spot.

Smith/Chase/Waddle or Toney
Samuel/Agholor/Golloway/Godwin/Fuller/ or Robinson
Parker
Wilson
Bowden
1 or 2 more make the roster

TUA needs healthy fast quality route runners

He wasn’t as elusive in my opinion but...:

He stepped up and out of sacks gave the shoulder shrug - this past season but he didn’t have confidence in those around him Zero security blankets and that is gonna change here

Just saw a pic of Tua on Phinsider. I don't remember him ever looking this Jacked! I am kidding about the PEDs of course. He is way too smart to do that..

He seems to be determined to keep his job and to prove the doubters wrong by the way he apparently is training!

The only game I remember him getting away was the arizona game.
He wasn’t as elusive in my opinion but...:

He stepped up and out of sacks gave the shoulder shrug - this past season but he didn’t have confidence in those around him Zero security blankets and that is gonna change here
I guess I'm talking more about getting sacked by arm tackles than pocket presence and elusiveness.

I hit the alcohol pretty hard on game days but I'm pretty sure a few of those sacks stood out to me as kinda soft.

Totally understandable considering all the adversity the last year brought between covid and his own rehab.

For the record I'm all in on tua so I'm not complaining. He will be much stronger physically and mentally next year and I'm stoked..

Back
Top Bottom