Tua's a top 10 QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's a top 10 QB

#88 has to make that catch!!!!
If you're talking about that intermediate throw that was absolutely perfect...I agree. Blew my mind he didn't catch that. He can catch leaning one-handers all day, but a perfect dart right in the mitts? Naaaa...

Tua wasn't as sharp today as he has been. His standard it pretty high. Several high throws. Last week hitting guys in stride.

No qb is going to be perfect every week. But when push came to shove he threw two great balls to put the team in position to make it an 11 point game.

You can call out Tuas limitations (all qbs have them) but he's definitely not "trash". Alot of qbs don't win this game today.

Be interesting to see if pats can hang with buffalo.
You can say that but there were easy passes that were dropped today

You can say that but there were easy passes that were dropped today
I thought he was just as sharp as last game...there were, like you said, some egregious drops. Kid's finding his stride.

I will say this though, the Giants did a good job of confusing him and showing him looks he's not used to seeing...which is a good thing, since he needs to see them to learn from them. He had one play where he had a hitch in his throw, but unlike his normal hitched throws, it was still on point and should've been caught.

All-in-all, a solid game where he was hitting MANY receivers that weren't even NFL open. Their defense was dialed-in and playing tight...yet he still did his thing.

Nobody waves the pom poms for mediocrity quite like Dolphins fans, TOP 10 QB LMFAO

He's been outplayed by Mac Jones and is the 3rd best QB in his own division, every single stat backs it up and he's fragile.
I am all for critical thought and a healthy dose of objectivity, but I think you are a bit tone deaf here. While I had reservations about drafting Tua and was very unimpressed with him last season (and early on this year), I am a Dolphins fan and have always been hoping he will succeed.

While this offense isn't amazing, you are in absolute denial if you think Tua hasn't been steadily improving. Interceptions are reduced, TD's are increasing, accuracy improving, and confidence/leadership is growing. These are very positive things, and they are being done behind a very poor OL and bottom tier running game. Throw in a weak offensive play calling staff with a conservative style, and it isn't ever going to be beautiful, but that doesn't mean Tua isn't improving. Is he top 10, certainly not, at least not yet, but fans are reacting to a win streak with building potential on a team that hasn't had a real QB since Marino. Enjoy the win streak and give the kid his due. Join me in hoping he continues to improve and patch up the holes in his game so he can actually be a real solution for the Dolphins. He is a good kid, keeps it professional and is clearly working hard and starting to win over his teammates.

I thought he was just as sharp as last game...there were, like you said, some egregious drops. Kid's finding his stride.

I will say this though, the Giants did a good job of confusing him and showing him looks he's not used to seeing...which is a good thing, since he needs to see them to learn from them. He had one play where he had a hitch in his throw, but unlike his normal hitched throws, it was still on point and should've been caught.

All-in-all, a solid game where he was hitting MANY receivers that weren't even NFL open. Their defense was dialed-in and playing tight...yet he still did his thing.
Totally agree, Giants played good D today and Tua worked his way through with limited weapons. One of those games where Tua could learn from

Only watching bit pieces via internet -- don't want to subvert the "team" with my undivided attention -- tho I will say Tua was unnecessarily rushing a few passes today and missing 3rd down etc. That said, the kid is ramping up very positively and once he gets really "settled- in" and all the supporting cast is functioning efficiently / effectively it's easy to see Tua is going to be very solid NFL QB. Great? I don't know. And why put that expectation on the kid? But his strengths are obvious and as long as we build the O completely around him -- we can win.

I am all for critical thought and a healthy dose of objectivity, but I think you are a bit tone deaf here. While I had reservations about drafting Tua and was very unimpressed with him last season (and early on this year), I am a Dolphins fan and have always been hoping he will succeed.

While this offense isn't amazing, you are in absolute denial if you think Tua hasn't been steadily improving. Interceptions are reduced, TD's are increasing, accuracy improving, and confidence/leadership is growing. These are very positive things, and they are being done behind a very poor OL and bottom tier running game. Throw in a weak offensive play calling staff with a conservative style, and it isn't ever going to be beautiful, but that doesn't mean Tua isn't improving. Is he top 10, certainly not, at least not yet, but fans are reacting to a win streak with building potential on a team that hasn't had a real QB since Marino. Enjoy the win streak and give the kid his due. Join me in hoping he continues to improve and patch up the holes in his game so he can actually be a real solution for the Dolphins. He is a good kid, keeps it professional and is clearly working hard and starting to win over his teammates.
I'm with ya 100% there. He's not top 10, but he's not far from it. Certainly top half. You put this kid on any "complete" offense team, and he'd ball out. At least over the past month...let's just hope it's his new norm, and he can continue to go up from here.

Rodgers
Mahomes
Brady
Burrow
Herbert
Murray
Prescott
Josh Allen
Stafford
Lamar Jackson

Hes still gotta do a bit more to pass these guys imo

Respectfully have to disagree. Good list tho. Give Tua a better offensive line and a consistent run game. He makes this list. Few of those guys still have a bit to prove themselves imo.

It hard to be a top 10 QB when you have no running game and the OL struggles to give you more than 2 seconds to throw the ball. Considering he has to deal with those issues and his receivers have dropped more balls than any other receiver group in the NFL, Tua has done an excellent job this year with the limited offensive talent he has around him.

When he starts, Miami usually wins and that’s what you want from your starting QB. If he’s not a top ten QB yet, he has at least shown that he is in the top half of starting QB’s in the NFL and a QB you can build your team around.

Mac Jones has more yards, more wins, more TDs and he doesn't get hurt every 4 games.

Oh and his franchise aren't trying to get rid of him cause they don't believe in him.
He also has more interceptions, more sacks, lower completion percentage. Comparisons when the number of passes thrown are close such as yards and TDs are useless.

Exactamundo...like I have said before...its great that we have had this schedule because its allowed him, and the other rookies too, to absorb all the real live game action they can as, other than the Ravens game, its been pretty good sailing....had we had a murderous stretch of games it would've been harder for them to get the snaps needed to not only learn but to get into a good groove....

It also seems like Tua has really gotten into that film room as you can tell that he is much more comfortable in finding the open man (for his accuracy), than before when it seemed like he was just street balling it and the defenses were confusing him...

Mac Jones has more yards, more wins, more TDs and he doesn't get hurt every 4 games.

Oh and his franchise aren't trying to get rid of him cause they don't believe in him.
Mac Jones plays on a team with one of the best OL’s in the entire league. He has a solid running game and time to sit in the pocket to locate his receivers. He has a great HC and one of the best OC’s in the entire league.

Put him on the Dolphins and he would struggle at the QB position. Put Tua on the Patriots and their record would be even better than it is. Because with Tua as their QB, they would have beaten the Dolphins earlier in the season.

Back
Top Bottom