Tua's a top 10 QB | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's a top 10 QB

Have you seen Demontre Stevenson and Damien Harris play? Those two are more than solid. I’m hoping to Lindsay shows out the rest of the year. Then we draft one of the top 3 RBs with our 2nd round pick. Good 1-2 punch. Cut Ahmed and relegate Gaskin to 3rd string.
I would love to see Tua with those 2 RB’s and an OL like the Patriots. Hopefully they will use free agency and the draft to upgrade those positions instead of trading for Watson. Because in two years Tua will be as good if not better than Watson.

I would love to see Tua with those 2 RB’s and an OL like the Patriots. Hopefully they will use free agency and the draft to upgrade those positions instead of trading for Watson. Because in two years Tua will be as good if not better than Watson.
In all honesty, Tua has played through adversity and in one of the worst situations for a young QB to be in. We are witnessing or have witnessed the floor with Tua (not bad for a floor), under better conditions/ running game protection, his ceiling is pretty high. I believe in Tua but this team probably still doesn't.

Mac Jones has more yards, more wins, more TDs and he doesn't get hurt every 4 games.

Oh and his franchise aren't trying to get rid of him cause they don't believe in him.
Tell me more about his OL, RB, Defense, his team and coaches and so on and so forth and... im out of breath

Tua is pretty much the offense right now. We can’t run it, we can’t protect for long developing stuff. Tua and his short passing attack is pretty much all we got. I thought he played well today. 2 bad drops hurt him a bit and I think input one of the sacks on him. That Waddle drop may have put him over 300 yards, lots of green there.

Let’s come out of the bye and get to 7-7. Seems inevitable now although many here said it would NEVER HAPPEN. Don’t worry, they won’t admit they were wrong they’ll just move the goal posts to “we’ll never make the playoffs.”

Mac Jones is playing very well, and is in one hell of a situation to allow game management to thrive (remind anybody of another young kid about 21 years ago, on the same team, in the exact same situation?).

He's doing what he's being asked to do, and doing it very well for a rookie, gotta give him that. But he's not a top QB...yet...

Forget the completion percentage...forget the yards...watch every throw and count how many weren't thrown where they could/should be caught. Out of 41.

VERY few.

Not many QBs can do that.

He was dialed in again today.

In all honesty, Tua has played through adversity and in one of the worst situations for a young QB to be in. We are witnessing or have witnessed the floor with Tua (not bad for a floor), under better conditions/ running game protection, his ceiling is pretty high. I believe in Tua but this team probably still doesn't.
I think the players on offense believe in Tua. I just hope Ross, Grier, and Flores aren’t foolish enough to trade away Tua and numerous draft picks for Watson. Because I don’t think Watson would have won anymore games than Tua has with the lack of offensive talent on this roster.

Tua is going to be a great QB in the NFL. I just hope he is great for the Dolphins and not another team over the next decade.

I think the players on offense believe in Tua. I just hope Ross, Grier, and Flores aren’t foolish enough to trade away Tua and numerous draft picks for Watson. Because I don’t think Watson would have won anymore games than Tua has with the lack of offensive talent on this roster.

Tua is going to be a great QB in the NFL. I just hope he is great for the Dolphins and not another team over the next decade.
My only hold-back, is his durability. He hasn't proven he can or can't stay on the field yet...incomplete. I'm all for giving him his time to prove it, though. At least another season or two.

Yes, this self proclaimed Tua skeptic is eating a full plate of crow and I couldn't be happier.

Tua is crushing it. This kid has evolved. This only happens in the film room and by completely obsessing about upping your game.

His accuracy is uncanny. Over 80 percent again. Crazy anticipation. Avoiding sacks under a porous OL. Becoming a leader and you can tell by his sense of urgency in the hurry up offense and general demeanor.

I'm not only onboard but I'd submit this guy is living up to the possible Drew Brees comp and is already creeping in on top 10 status.

Now imagine Tua with an Alvin Kamara type, a decent OL and more than one NFL caliber WR that can stay healthy.

Super stoked. Sometimes the road travelled requires pain and Tua is overcoming and crushing it.
If compare drew Brees’s numbers in his first three seasons to Tua’s it’s not even close. To be fair, it was a different era, but still Tua is looking very good!

I am all for critical thought and a healthy dose of objectivity, but I think you are a bit tone deaf here. While I had reservations about drafting Tua and was very unimpressed with him last season (and early on this year), I am a Dolphins fan and have always been hoping he will succeed.

While this offense isn't amazing, you are in absolute denial if you think Tua hasn't been steadily improving. Interceptions are reduced, TD's are increasing, accuracy improving, and confidence/leadership is growing. These are very positive things, and they are being done behind a very poor OL and bottom tier running game. Throw in a weak offensive play calling staff with a conservative style, and it isn't ever going to be beautiful, but that doesn't mean Tua isn't improving. Is he top 10, certainly not, at least not yet, but fans are reacting to a win streak with building potential on a team that hasn't had a real QB since Marino. Enjoy the win streak and give the kid his due. Join me in hoping he continues to improve and patch up the holes in his game so he can actually be a real solution for the Dolphins. He is a good kid, keeps it professional and is clearly working hard and starting to win over his teammates.
images (8).jpeg

Tua and Mac will be going head to head real soon, barring any injuries. Let’s see who balls and who don’t. Could also be major implications on that game.

I don’t think that’s an option now. Aside from him getting injured again or literally have the worst games of his career to end the season, he’s earned another year. Moving on would lose the fanbase and probably the team.

Back
Top Bottom