Tua's a top 10 QB | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's a top 10 QB

Top 10 is a little steep but these have been a damn impressive two weeks in a row now. Trending up no doubt.

I have to say that statistically his QBR is up around 96.1 now. With the second highest completion rate in the NFL 70.9. That puts him top 15 at minimum. Hopefully he continues to play well down the stretch. He was a few drops away from having an even better showing. We left points on the field for sure. Hopefully he puts in some extra pass reps with his receivers over the bye week. And Waddle is a stud. He’s actually gaining ground on Chase in the yards department. If Buffalo works over Mac Jones like they do to everyone else Waddle might get ROTY consideration.

I have to say that statistically his QBR is up around 96.1 now. With the second highest completion rate in the NFL 70.9. That puts him top 15 at minimum. Hopefully he continues to play well down the stretch. He was a few drops away from having an even better showing. We left points on the field for sure. Hopefully he puts in some extra pass reps with his receivers over the bye week. And Waddle is a stud. He’s actually gaining ground on Chase in the yards department. If Buffalo works over Mac Jones like they do to everyone else Waddle might get ROTY consideration.
Buffalo would have to wreck him twice, and us wreck him in week 18, for Waddle to get a sniff. Wouldn't that cap off the season nicely?

Mac Jones plays on a team with one of the best OL’s in the entire league. He has a solid running game and time to sit in the pocket to locate his receivers. He has a great HC and one of the best OC’s in the entire league.

Put him on the Dolphins and he would struggle at the QB position. Put Tua on the Patriots and their record would be even better than it is. Because with Tua as their QB, they would have beaten the Dolphins earlier in the season.
Have you seen Demontre Stevenson and Damien Harris play? Those two are more than solid. I’m hoping to Lindsay shows out the rest of the year. Then we draft one of the top 3 RBs with our 2nd round pick. Good 1-2 punch. Cut Ahmed and relegate Gaskin to 3rd string.

That throw to Gesicki on 3rd down on our final drive was the definition of CLUTCH. Perfect throw and a great catch. But in the moment it was clutch. Tua has shown come 4th quarter he just has the clutch genes. Tannehill never did and still doesn’t have that.

Tua wasn't as sharp today as he has been. His standard it pretty high. Several high throws. Last week hitting guys in stride.

No qb is going to be perfect every week. But when push came to shove he threw two great balls to put the team in position to make it an 11 point game.

You can call out Tuas limitations (all qbs have them) but he's definitely not "trash". Alot of qbs don't win this game today.

Be interesting to see if pats can hang with buffalo.
I notice most of Tua’s high throws are often to Gesicki.

I wonder if that is by design as that is Gesicki’s sweet spot, but Tua hasn’t mastered the ball placement on those, yet.

Mac Jones plays on a team with one of the best OL’s in the entire league. He has a solid running game and time to sit in the pocket to locate his receivers. He has a great HC and one of the best OC’s in the entire league.

Put him on the Dolphins and he would struggle at the QB position. Put Tua on the Patriots and their record would be even better than it is. Because with Tua as their QB, they would have beaten the Dolphins earlier in the season.
Don't you get tired of regurgitating the same thing over and over again to certain persistent Tua haters?

Rodgers
Mahomes
Brady
Burrow
Herbert
Murray
Prescott
Josh Allen
Stafford
Lamar Jackson

Hes still gotta do a bit more to pass these guys imo
Can't see Burrow separating himself from Tua so far...hard to compare the two given their 180-degree different situations. Swap their teams and I think Tua comes out ahead there. Both good, young QBs.

Tua wasn't as sharp today as he has been. His standard it pretty high. Several high throws. Last week hitting guys in stride.

No qb is going to be perfect every week. But when push came to shove he threw two great balls to put the team in position to make it an 11 point game.

You can call out Tuas limitations (all qbs have them) but he's definitely not "trash". Alot of qbs don't win this game today.

Be interesting to see if pats can hang with buffalo.
30-41, 244 yards 2 TD’s and 0 interceptions. He also had at least 3 passes dropped which should have been caught.

Maybe he wasn’t quite as accurate as last week but I’ll take those stats anytime.

I still think he will be a great QB once he gets a running game and a couple of more seconds in the pocket.

Back
Top Bottom