Tua’s supporting cast | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua’s supporting cast

So, Parker back 50% ish. Did we notice a difference????

To me? I don't think he did much more than when he was gone tbh. A catch or two, there was a.dustup on the sideline where he was jawing with a coach about being in, which could be healthy or not.

In the end, he's on payroll, he's good, we need him, I'm just hoping for more.

Here's the bigger question. How incredible would Tua be with an NFL average offensive line, an average running game and a dependable wide receiver opposite Waddle?

Not even talking about a great support staff, just an average one.

We run a lot of RPO. Without much of a run threat.

Imagine if we had actually had a big threat defenses were trying to get the jump on.

Lots more separation and blown coverages by defenders overreacting.

Yes, we did.

DVP’s sideline catch on 3rd and 6 w/ 4:10 remaining was clutch and played a large role in MIA being able to close the game out.

The athleticism and skill displayed on that play was tremendous. If Parker doesn’t make the play, the Dolphins would have been punting from their own 29 only up 8 points.

I for one was happy to see him back today and his presence made a difference. His ability to high point and win 50/50 balls was a missing element to the offense and it sure came in handy for Tua on a couple of occasions.

To me? I don't think he did much more than when he was gone tbh. A catch or two, there was a.dustup on the sideline where he was jawing with a coach about being in, which could be healthy or not.

5 catches 65 yards or something like that.

But it seemed every catch came at an important time.

He misses so much time I forget how critical and clutch he is when he plays

He actually seemed to have made it through a whole game but I have a feeling he will be on the injury report this week.

He actually seemed to have made it through a whole game but I have a feeling he will be on the injury report this week.

Not until Wednesday night when something suddenly flares up.

Hello be fine today and tomorrow.

Wednesdays and Thursdays are his nemesis

Yep. He was targeted 5 times and made the play each time.

Just sucks he can’t stay healthy. It’d be so nice to have the player that torched Stephon Gilmore as badly as he did in most every game the team plays.

Imagine that guy paired with Jaylen Waddle. Mike Gesicki would sure love to see the attention those 2 players would divert away from him.

When we have the lead it's always run, run, pass... which tua got the whole 4th quarter. I think he did really well on basically 3rd and long with one chance to convert. Parker played his part and I'm thankful for that. It would be nice to see what could happen if miami threw the ball on first or second down but that's not how they're coached to play

not that he has let any of the garbage around him slow him down.
He hasn't let it stop him, but what do you think his performance would be to this point, with even average performance around him in those categories? I have to believe he'd look that much better and have the play to back it up. Still has areas that he needs to improve, some glaring, but he has proven he's a gamer and has that unflappable gene. He has shown he can sustain long, clock-killing drives to protect a lead - which is fairly tough considering the run game...and can make critical passes to close out a game.

For many, many years fans have wished for a QB that could lift the team around him, make them better, and now we have a guy that is getting recognized for it from 'experts.' I'm excited to see what Tua can grow into, particularly if the offense can incrementally improve around him.

Yes, we did.

DVP’s sideline catch on 3rd and 6 w/ 4:10 remaining was clutch and played a large role in MIA being able to close the game out.

The athleticism and skill displayed on that play was tremendous. If Parker doesn’t make the play, the Dolphins would have been punting from their own 29 only up 8 points.

I for one was happy to see him back today and his presence made a difference. His ability to high point and win 50/50 balls was a missing element to the offense and it sure came in handy for Tua on a couple of occasions.
In addition to having a nice 12 ypr, he had an influence on Ford's TD as he was drawing coverage allowing Ford to get open enough for the TD.

Parker had a nice game.

5 catches, all for first downs. 2 of them on 3rd down on scoring drives. he had an impact

We run a lot of RPO. Without much of a run threat.
Hopefully next season they improve the o-line and get a real NFL offense, not this college garbage. Sure, it makes Tua look good throwing mostly short passes, but most teams can make plays downfield as a part of their offense. And every other team does more in the running game than just run it up the middle. Tua can throw deep because we've seen him do it a few times.

Just so we’re all clear, this is what Tua’s had to work with this year…

Stop trying to bring reality into the Tua threads it is already clear what Burrow and Herbert would bring to the Dolphins a whole lot if Sizzle and Shazam

Imagine Tua with a few tools down the road a mid grade Oline a RB and an offsetting WE so they won’t be able to bracket Waddle??

I mean Ekelor Allen Williams Cook Mixon Higgins Chase Boyd all scrubs - regardless of the olines these guys were made by their respective QBs right??

Back
Top Bottom