Tua’s supporting cast | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua’s supporting cast

Here's the bigger question. How incredible would Tua be with an NFL average offensive line, an average running game and a dependable wide receiver opposite Waddle?

Not even talking about a great support staff, just an average one.
We all long for the next draft and free agency period

Yes, we did.

DVP’s sideline catch on 3rd and 6 w/ 4:10 remaining was clutch and played a large role in MIA being able to close the game out.

The athleticism and skill displayed on that play was tremendous. If Parker doesn’t make the play, the Dolphins would have been punting from their own 29 only up 8 points.

I for one was happy to see him back today and his presence made a difference. His ability to high point and win 50/50 balls was a missing element to the offense and it sure came in handy for Tua on a couple of occasions.
Parker is unreliable, but he's a baller when in. I love what he can do, and I'm keeping him around, but looking for guys to add- 1 WR in FA, 1 in the draft. Push Parker to WR4(they rotate enough, so it's not really all that big of a deal). If he stays healthy the rest of this year and next, maybe when his contract expires I consider 1 year deals for him moving forward, if he'll take them. If not, I've signed a guy and drafted a guy to replace him after next year. His availability is just too unreliable.

5 catches 65 yards or something like that.

But it seemed every catch came at an important time.

He misses so much time I forget how critical and clutch he is when he plays

My only knock on DVP is his niche seems to be back shoulder.

We run a lot of RPO. Without much of a run threat.

Imagine if we had actually had a big threat defenses were trying to get the jump on.

Lots more separation and blown coverages by defenders overreacting.
Great point. Also, would make Miami's defense better with more opportunities to get ahead and forcing teams into a passing mode.

Like I have said earlier..it up Tua make people give him respect..Tua good enough to win with in NFL. Next yr u got add more playmaker around him..add OT..he should be fine after that..the key is making playoff..that next step for Tua and dolphins..that how u get respect in NFL..I just add another goal for Tua in yr 2 or 3.

I'll probably get flamed for this but if this team is to miraculously make the playoffs it needs Fuller. He opens up all of the underneath routes and stretches the defense.
While I agree Fuller would add a dimension to the offense they don’t have right now. I just don’t know if Fuller really wants to play football anymore. It won’t surprise me if he remains on IR the rest of this season, collects his $10 million dollar salary and retires once the season is over.

In 2012 Calvin Johnson played the majority of the season with a broken figure. He led the league with 122 receptions for nearly 2000 yards. Fuller has been out most of the season because of a broken figure as well as missing a game for PED use and personal reasons.

That just doesn’t add up to a player who is eager to get back and help his team on the field.

While I agree Fuller would add a dimension to the offense they don’t have right now. I just don’t know if Fuller really wants to play football anymore. It won’t surprise me if he remains on IR the rest of this season, collects his $10 million dollar salary and retires once the season is over.

In 2012 Calvin Johnson played the majority of the season with a broken figure. He led the league with 122 receptions for nearly 2000 yards. Fuller has been out most of the season because of a broken figure as well as missing a game for PED use and personal reasons.

That just doesn’t add up to a player who is eager to get back and help his team on the field.
I agree. It seems there's more going on there than just a broken finger.

We run a lot of RPO. Without much of a run threat.

Imagine if we had actually had a big threat defenses were trying to get the jump on.

Lots more separation and blown coverages by defenders overreacting.
Tua has shown an ability to identify and take advantage of defensive mistakes. As his experience grows, he'll get even better at it. IMO that was one of the things that made Brady and Rodgers so good. You almost had to play perfect to beat them and that's almost impossible to do. That's one of the reasons I see Tua's ceiling as so high. You add a RB that puts defenders in conflict and the number of defensive mistakes will go up as will the number of times Tua makes a defense pay for it.

My only knock on DVP is his niche seems to be back shoulder.
DP is ok.. dolphins need youngers faster wr. 2022 load w good wr...DP is number 4 wr..waddle show us how 1st rd wr suppose play like..and get 1000 yr also..

OL is terrible, rbs are to small and slow, wrs can't stay healthy. Tua also injury prone and has physical limitations, I like him too. This team can win with him but you need to have a really good back up qb because he hasn't played a full season yet. So it's no wonder this offense struggles against teams.
Actually if the line had been better, Tua does not get killed by Bills D-line, he stays on the field, and possibly actually does enough to win Bills game in Miami.

Don't know what happened with the finger injury, but would not be surprised if Failure to block someone is also the reason for that injury.

Brees was also thought to be injury prone...Until he wasn't on a better run team.

Hopefully next season they improve the o-line and get a real NFL offense, not this college garbage.
Whoa...having deja vu from what we've been asking for for the last 20 years...maybe this off season lol

Back
Top Bottom