Tua's trainer speaks about him | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's trainer speaks about him

I think most understand it's a fluff piece. Seems like the people who have a problem with the QB are the confused ones.

Personally I think fluff pieces are garbage and the NFL equivalent of a teen girls magazine. There's no reason to read or post them generally.

Why would anyone, Tua fan or not, waste their brain power on it?

Personally I think fluff pieces are garbage and the NFL equivalent of a teen girls magazine. There's no reason to read or post them generally.

Because it's reading/watching information on my favorite team for entertainment. Same reason I visit these forums. By your standards, anything other than watching the actual game is garbage. Weird.

I’d say the same thing about the opposite side of reporting. Which seems to be in heavier supply these days.

Why anybody pays attention and wastes brain power on shows like the Herd, First Take, Undisputed, GMFB and the like is baffling.

At least the trainer discussing Tua and the other athletes he’s worked with is an expert in his particular field. I’d rather hear him talk than these communications degree people that largely know less about sports than the average fan.

It's also telling you didn't seem to have a problem with fluff pieces regarding Eichenberg or J Phillips, only this one...because you don't like our QB. So where's the line you draw before deciding to waste your limited brain power?

Elite trainers have become so much more knowledgeable.

Good to know he has a background, understanding and personal experience applying kinesiology and sports science.

Was able to apply that to his own life choosing to put off surgery for a torn ACL his senior year by strengthening certain muscles, like the hamstrings needing to be stronger than the quads so during deceleration the quad isn’t going to move the knee.

I like when he said that when he watches football what he watches is movement. He understands what muscles need to get stronger to improve that player’s movement patterns and tailor’s his training specifically for that player. Could see that in some of the pictures Tua posted like balancing on a bosu ball on one leg, body parallel to the ground, chain in one hand, catching an object with the other. All that is directly related to his hip. Good stuff.

Cool dude as well. Tua was in good hands this summer.

Tua works out in early morning, during the day, and then goes home to study film at night.

I expect a huge jump in Tua’s performance this year.

Like Tua has said was going to do, he is focusing on things he has the power to improve.

Yeah but isn't it at least encouraging to know the face of the franchise is taking this seriously and going all in? Regardless of what you feel a professional football player should do, you know not all actually do and, further, that there is still fewer that put in Watt-like dedication to attempting to succeed.
Every player works their tail off in the off-season. Everybody’s fighting for a spot and playing time. Incredibly naïve and shortsighted to think otherwise.

Anyone know the Trainer? Who he has worked with in the past? Never seen him before which doesn't mean anything. Honestly just interested.

Every player works their tail off in the off-season. Everybody’s fighting for a spot and playing time. Incredibly naïve and shortsighted to think otherwisyeah like dudes dont come in over weight and out of shape hah

Man dudes come in overweight and out of shape all the time. They all dont bust ass at the same level. Look at the dude we just trade for and cut in a span of a week (Wilson). Our 3rd overall pick Dion Jordan. Many examples of guys not living up to the standards you just posted.

Seriously. I know Tua is working hard, but its his job and so are most NFL players who care about their career.

No trainer is going to come out and say anything negative about their client. Good way to not be their trainer anymore.

On the other hand...

Seriously, I know it's just the off season prior to his 2nd year, but can't we be optimistic about his future.

No True fan is going to come out and say and think negative thoughts about their QB on THEIR team. Good way to not be their supporter anymore.

why this isn't the key component of any and every discussion about Tua and the 9 games he participated in last season is beyond me.

This is an extremely good point, People forget that he was rehabbing the entire time until he started playing vs the Jets. And rehab and training are different like universes apart in how prepared physically and mentally you are training hard.

Tua wasn’t doing power cleans and running sprints and going ham in the gym; hell ge couldn’t go through reps on field at even close to his max practice speed . He was doing mobility and light rehab to make sure he could get back to 0 aka the same shape he was before the injury.

Now he has had an entire off-season working and actually you can see in those short clips with him throwing to the receivers; it’s easy to tell he has more zip on the ball because of having more physical confidence. And now he should have a full receiving compliments and not be throwing to a freshman team by NFL standards he had to close the year. I think a lot of people are going to have their eyes opened in Foxborough on week one when he comes out slinging it.

Last edited:
Every player works their tail off in the off-season. Everybody’s fighting for a spot and playing time. Incredibly naïve and shortsighted to think otherwise.
Bull. If you think everyone works at the same manic level, you don’t know the history of the NFL or understand human nature.

Man dudes come in overweight and out of shape all the time. They all dont bust *** at the same level. Look at the dude we just trade for and cut in a span of a week (Wilson). Our 3rd overall pick Dion Jordan. Many examples of guys not living up to the standards you just posted.
And because he didn’t bust his butt he lost his job and is out of football. You might find a handful but that’s it. I’ve worked out with a lot of them in the off-season, (Chris Carter fast program) there was dozens of guys training,
and that was just one program. They use to call it going to church. why because all you heard was, oh lord, Jesus help me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom