Turner waived by the Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Turner waived by the Dolphins

I think teams have largely gone away from the bellcow concept. There are still a few, but they are far between.

Even if you do find one, they take such a pounding with 300 carries per year, they usually don't last that long.

Of course there are exceptions like EE.
Plus, it doesn't make sense to pay them.

Plus, it doesn't make sense to pay them.

I think it's ok to overspend on a rb, but only once you have the rest of the roster set and ready to roll. You don't want to waste 2 or 3 years of the backs shelf life on seasons where you're still in a building mold. Sure backs have short shelf lifes, but if you look back to most teams 2012 or 2013 only 5 or 6 players are still around. In todays NFL you're turning over 80 or 90% of the roster every 5 or 6 years anyway regardless of the position.

...so many Turner's. So little thyme. Might have to use oregano.

>>> stop the nonsense! marjoram is a better substitute.

All I know is Flo be makin' a damn fine recipe for TEAM gumbo!
BNF,
Please tell me that there are 5 different people under your profile, and each one is only allowed to type one word at a time in each of your posts. Some crazy FinHeaven version of mad libs is the only way any of these make sense. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BNF,
Please tell me that there are 5 different people under your profile, and each one is only allowed to type one word at a time in each of your posts. Some crazy FinHeaven version of mad libs is the only way any of these make sense. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sense???

You think grown men tackling each other

while coveting a synesthetic pig skin

makes "sense!"

>>> we'd be better off bowling!

:woot

I wonder if this move is to make room for another RB who just got all his legal charges dropped. That's right, Coach's favorite Mark Walton. Anybody up for giving him yet another chance?

I wonder if this move is to make room for another RB who just got all his legal charges dropped. That's right, Coach's favorite Mark Walton. Anybody up for giving him yet another chance?
charges got dropped, is he innocent?

I think teams have largely gone away from the bellcow concept. There are still a few, but they are far between.

Even if you do find one, they take such a pounding with 300 carries per year, they usually don't last that long.

Of course there are exceptions like EE.
U still need good to great rb..it all depend on how good ur qb is....u cant put all the pressure on qb...very few qb in nfl. Can survive without good rb..

Please don't jump to conclusions, buddy - Jordan Howard is def better than this guy. Turner must be pretty ordinary because we still have Kalen Ballage on the roster.
I think it was a joke lol

I think it's ok to overspend on a rb, but only once you have the rest of the roster set and ready to roll. You don't want to waste 2 or 3 years of the backs shelf life on seasons where you're still in a building mold. Sure backs have short shelf lifes, but if you look back to most teams 2012 or 2013 only 5 or 6 players are still around. In todays NFL you're turning over 80 or 90% of the roster every 5 or 6 years anyway regardless of the position.
I disagree. Show me one instance where paying big money to a running back proved to be worth it? Even as great as a guy like Christian McCaffrey is, he still only carried that team to five wins. Great running backs are nice to have, but they are not a necessity in building a championship caliber roster.

U still need good to great rb..it all depend on how good ur qb is....u cant put all the pressure on qb...very few qb in nfl. Can survive without good rb..
Make a list of the best teams in the league, then look at how they employed their backs.

Of the top 10 backs (carries or yards), exactly 1 made the playoffs (D. Henry).

You need a good backfield. Guys that are assignment sound, well coached, and perform their collective roles at a high level. If you have a guy that can do it all, great, but is it really any more effective than 2 or 3 guys that can do it as a group?

Cost is one thing, but if a guy goes down, it's much easier to replace a role, than all the roles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom