TUSH PUSH TO BE BANNED??????????? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TUSH PUSH TO BE BANNED???????????

I'm surprised no team has brought in a 300 pounder to carry the rock with two 350 pounders pushing him.

Don't be an idiot. It's a ridiculously dangerous play that's going to put someone in the hospital and is as cheat-y as it gets.

It IMO is no more dangerous than a rugby scrum.

Personally, I think it’s totally stupid to ban it. So, a team found something that works within the current rules and now teams cry and bitch because they can’t stop it? Figure out how to stop it or learn how to do it yourself.

It’s like in baseball now, they wanna get rid of the shift because it shuts down pull hitters. Hey batter, learn how to hit all all fields assholes. If you wanna play and stay in the Majors learn the art of hitting

Agree. Its stupid to ban it. Even more so to rely on it like Philthadelphia does.

Kudos for the baseball comparison. The best way I thought to break the shift was to find players like St Louis greats (Ozzie Smith & Willie McGee) who could slap the ball where players weren't & run "forever"

It IMO is no more dangerous than a rugby scrum.

Agree. Its stupid to ban it. Even more so to rely on it like Philthadelphia does.

Kudos for the baseball comparison. The best way I thought to break the shift was to find players like St Louis greats (Ozzie Smith & Willie McGee) who could slap the ball where players weren't & run "forever"
Unlike a rugby scrum, the OL specifically aims for the legs of the defense. That's part of why it was illegal in the first place.

ban it or allow the defense to push as well. its heavily slanted towards the offense as it is

Only argument for banning it = defenders aren't allowed to do the same. I think that's at least moderately compelling.

All the other arguments are lame af.
Exactly this. I'm actually all for the Eagles playing by the rules and completely destroy a situation play the way they have. I have absolutely nothing to say about the play itself, they're exploiting a situation to its max and thats what you should be doing as a team. That being said, the rule is heavily skewed towards helping the offense, either you don't have a problem with it and you'll get a bunch of teams ready to implement it next season, you give the defense the same rules to work with if it's a play you like to see on sundays, or ban the play altogether...

Personally, It's not a play I really like to watch so I'd like to see it go but whatever, all it really changes is how a team being good at it is suddenly looking at 1st and 7-8 instead of 10... That yellow line on the field is now pretty much a couple of yards too far.

The difference between the Tush Push and rugby scrum is huge
The initial start of the scrum was where most impact was, that has now been greatly reduced by the bind, crouch, set rules.
The initial impact is lessened to more of a “pushing” battle rather than a high, repeated impact and pushing that the Tush Push is.
Bring back the no assisting the runner rule.

No problem with banning it. My issue is that they are assisting the QB by pushing him from behind and assisting is not something that is allowed in any other form of the game.

They'll have to get the wording of the rule tight because it could effect a lot of plays that it really shouldn't. Not sure I agree with changing the rules here at all. The Eagles have perfected it and have the personnel to run it, fair play to them, understand the concern over potential injuries but honestly the whole sport is a potential injury this seems not hugely different to a lot of stuff.

Any play that has 100% chance of success is stupid.

While they’re at it, can they ban the goal line fade? A play that renders the other 19 players on the field to spectators is also stupid. Jump ball = basketball 🏀.
Really? Because in the past we couldn’t find success with that play at all.

Easiest way to beat it is just train the defense to all jump on the count of one. Each defensive player to smack the living shite out of the Olineman in front of them.

Yes, you get a penalty every time, but the Eagles may get the message and decide that they would be better of deleting the play than have all 5 O linemen run over and risk injury.

On another note, it would be really hard, as an O lineman, to concentrate on your tush push specific assignment, if you feel that the Dlineman could run your a$$ over any second

I also misread that at first as saying in the postseason…

It says they’re planning to do it in the offseason. So I think that’s fair.
Yea, lol after reading it again, I realized they said offseason.

In that case, yea something needs to change.

It only works so well because Philly has the best guards and center in the league

Yea, lol after reading it again, I realized they said offseason.

In that case, yea something needs to change.
Yeah you’re like me. Just ready to talk ****. I was like “banning for the post season? That’s ****ing lame. Pussies.”

Ok - not arguing here - just curious - so guy is grabbed or tackled or held and that stops him from catching the ball - what’s the call in your opinion? 15 yards?

The rule must avoid giving the player or team penalty an upside - so if a player “interferes” 40 yards down field and the penalty is 15 yards it advantage to interfere..
I like the college rule 15 yds better. The NFL rule literally changes winning and losing. Especially that crap with getting flagged in the end zone they put it at the goal line. I hear what you are saying, but you can't assume a catch. It doesn't make any sense and ruins games.

Back
Top Bottom