TUSH PUSH TO BE BANNED??????????? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TUSH PUSH TO BE BANNED???????????

I like the college rule 15 yds better. The NFL rule literally changes winning and losing. Especially that crap with getting flagged in the end zone they put it at the goal line. I hear what you are saying, but you can't assume a catch. It doesn't make any sense and ruins games.
Football is VERY flawed w pi and Def holding - I imagine it’s impossible to get right bc if I’m a defender any deep ball that threatens I’m tackling before the ball arrives - I will take 15 yards over a deep completion- add to it soccer style send off or yellow card red card for intentional fouls - extend send offs into the next game so players ejected sit out another week…it’s a big problem - I don’t pretend to know the answers…

Over 40% of our D starters are out and they are still doing a job.

This.

They banned the defense from stacking and pushing. I don't see them allowing it again, so they will ban it on the offensive side too.

Eagles will still have a lot of success with QB sneaks. I'm not sure the guys "pushing" are having that much of an impact anyways. Always chalked it up to great technique by Kelce and Hurts.
Yep, when Hurts can squat 600+ pounds, he'll pretty much still be successful.

If they just revert to the HS and NCAA rule, teams will be able to push the pile, but not the runner in any situation.
I know that the NFL claimed this was difficult to officiate, but it isn't really. Both the referee and umpire are behind the play and can readily see if the backs are pushing the QB... and it is almost always the QB that is being pushed.
This penalty is rarely called at the lower level mostly because it generally does not happen if it isn't a set play. Only occasionally will a play reach a stalemate point where some player will get a belated idea to start pushing... and even then, it is legal if he pushes the pile.
In 20 years of officiating and well over 1000 games, I might have seen it called 4 or 5 times.
How about just ban all pushing of the pile? Frankly should be done at all levels of football IMO. It increases injury potential and not fair for the defense as the offense already gets the benefit of forward progress.

Football is VERY flawed w pi and Def holding - I imagine it’s impossible to get right bc if I’m a defender any deep ball that threatens I’m tackling before the ball arrives - I will take 15 yards over a deep completion- add to it soccer style send off or yellow card red card for intentional fouls - extend send offs into the next game so players ejected sit out another week…it’s a big problem - I don’t pretend to know the answers…
Yeah-it's a bit complicated. Add to the fact that even if you had the ability to challenge penalties, these morons in New York who review replays are often wrong. I just think they throw flags too often overall and then they don't call the blatant ones. No one wants to see flags. Yet some of these refs think they are the story.

Yeah-it's a bit complicated. Add to the fact that even if you had the ability to challenge penalties, these morons in New York who review replays are often wrong. I just think they throw flags too often overall and then they don't call the blatant ones. No one wants to see flags. Yet some of these refs think they are the story.
I don’t see a way out…most fans feel reffing RUINS the NFL..

Hope it does get banned. It's a hack of rules. Defenses get limited in how they can attack centers on certain plays. There's rules that define a "player's" forward progress but make no mention of help. Too many inconsistencies that could lead to many judgement calls by refs and possibly instant replay? Just get rid of it. If not, how long until teams just power up 250 pound RBs with 300 pounders behind him pushing all game long?

Don't be an idiot. It's a ridiculously dangerous play that's going to put someone in the hospital and is as cheat-y as it gets.
Where are all of the injuries? I don’t think it’s any more dangerous than many other plays. I dont think it should be banned personally.

There is really only one team that can do it consistently Others are free to try…

Where are all of the injuries? I don’t think it’s any more dangerous than many other plays. I dont think it should be banned personally.

There is really only one team that can do it consistently Others are free to try…
Two Giants players and I believe one Raiders player were hurt from it as far as I know. That's a far worse record than the injuries sustained from kickoffs yet that the those rules were changed.

And, sure, one team found the loophole for now. If it's not banned, how long until teams plan for it most of the game? Think about it, a team gets 5-6 yards on 1st down. They then put in their 260 pound back and 300 pound "pushers" for the next three plays for a first down. Rinse and repeat for the rest of the 2 hour game. Not at all what the NFL nor networks paying $$$$ for the games want.

My school was a rugby playing school. I used to play Prop at Rugby. That's was a scrum position. I watch that Tush push crap. It goes against everything why I like NFL American football. Players are going to get injured with this if teams decide to go toe to toe on Defense against it. Its an uncontrolled play that is designed to make players go low. I'm suprised nobody has got hurt yet.

Back
Top Bottom