Tyler Thigpen - WE NEED TO TAKE A LOOK AT THIS KID NEXT YEAR | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyler Thigpen - WE NEED TO TAKE A LOOK AT THIS KID NEXT YEAR

How about you compare apples to apples.

The better evaluator would be Henne's first action. Didn't he also come into the game in the 3rd quarter? Against SD?

Henne: 10-19 for 92 yards 0TDs 1 INT QBR 44

Thigpen: 4-8 for 87 yards 1TD 2INTs QBR 87

Not saying that Thigpen is better than Henne. Just comparing apples to apples.

That is not an apples to apples comparison. For starters, you're comparing a 2nd year QB coming off the bench to a 4th year QB coming off the bench. You're also comparing them coming off the bench against two different teams. Either way, 2 interceptions in 8 passing attempts is terrible. I like Thigpen, he may even give Henne some competition (a lot more than White did anyway), I just like Henne better.

That is not an apples to apples comparison. For starters, you're comparing a 2nd year QB coming off the bench to a 4th year QB coming off the bench. You're also comparing them coming off the bench against two different teams. Either way, 2 interceptions in 8 passing attempts is terrible. I like Thigpen, he may even give Henne some competition (a lot more than White did anyway), I just like Henne better.

Huh? 4 Year QB? Thigpen was drafted the year before Henne. So Henne was in his 2nd and Thigpen in his third year.

Henne practiced with 2nd stringers and had an entire offseason (as a matter of fact two offseasons and one full season) with the same playbook and Thigpen joined us in September and practiced mostly on the practice squad.

Sure 2 INTs in 8 attempts is bad but you can also not forget that he moved our offense for two TDs in less than 3 minutes. The first INT was a dumb throw (as Henne also made lots of them) and the second one was simple desperation trying to move the Dolphins 80 yards in less than 1 minute with no time outs remaining.

I find it truly funny how the bar is continously being moved.

Thigpen was asked after the game how many snaps he had
in practice in the last week.

ZERO

To me, throwing two td's in 4 tries with a zero snap practice week is amazing. I want to see more of the kid.

Miami needs to take a look at this kid next year. He is very talented. I always liked him at Kansas City. He should of been starting instead of Matt Cassell. He is more mobile than Henne, and has more talent than Henne. Trust me when I say that. Even though he threw 2 INTS, this kid has talent.

My Dad always said dont trust someone who says "Trust me"

LOLOLOL

Keep an open mind here people. This team is no where near competing at a high level in the NFL and im open to any new comers that will improve our roster.

We do need to take a look at him as our #2 QB if pennington decides to walk.

Huh? 4 Year QB? Thigpen was drafted the year before Henne. So Henne was in his 2nd and Thigpen in his third year.

OK, 3 year QB.

Henne practiced with 2nd stringers and had an entire offseason (as a matter of fact two offseasons and one full season) with the same playbook and Thigpen joined us in September and practiced mostly on the practice squad.

Sure 2 INTs in 8 attempts is bad but you can also not forget that he moved our offense for two TDs in less than 3 minutes. The first INT was a dumb throw (as Henne also made lots of them) and the second one was simple desperation trying to move the Dolphins 80 yards in less than 1 minute with no time outs remaining.

Thigpen did lead our team down the field, but that 1st interception was a terrible decision. As for giving Thigpen a pass for the 2nd interception, because he was playing from behind, I agree, it's not easy playing from behind and trying to win the game, because turnovers are more likely to happen. Having said that, Henne has been playing from behind for most of the season.

I find it truly funny how the bar is continously being moved.

Watching Henne, I think he's better than what his numbers indicate. The Dolphins have a better scoring offense than what we had last year under Pennington (who had a much easier schedule), and a lot of that is due to 3rd down efficiency, where Henne was much better than Pennington (especially in 3rd & long situations) I think with a better defense, we'll see fewer turnovers out of Henne. That's not to say Henne was better than Pennington, but the difference between the two is a lot smaller than their passer ratings would indicate.

In an open competition, I think Thigpen would have to outplay Henne to win the starting gig. If the competition between the two is close, Henne should have the edge for the job.

Back
Top Bottom