Tyler Thigpen - WE NEED TO TAKE A LOOK AT THIS KID NEXT YEAR | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyler Thigpen - WE NEED TO TAKE A LOOK AT THIS KID NEXT YEAR

If he outplays Henne in the OTA's and training camp he will get a shot. I don't see that happening but Sparano has shown that he will play the guy that practices and plays the best no matter who you are.

it wouldnt make sense for us to not start henne. henne played well enough i believe to show that he can be the qb of the future. he did all this with absolutley no weapons whatsoever.

the kid showed he can play under pressure, and is a tough sob. i believe not starting him next season would only set him back and make him lose his confidence.

that being said, i dont even think the dolphins brass thinks this is a qb controversey, and henne will be the starting qb next season barring injury.

Yes Thigpen brought us back into the game and then our defence made a HUGE play and we get the ball in field goal range with a chance to tie the game and Thigpen throws a stupid pass to a WR who is double covered and consequently costs us the game. His last 2 completed passes were to the wrong team. I like Henne, Henne shows promise and has been in the league shorter than thigpen

Thigpen, Thigpen, I'm sick of watching Sir Henne Throwspicksalot, please give Thigpen a chance. The two picks Thigpen threw were not half as bad as all the stupid plays Henne makes!!!!

oh so now that henne was on the bench and thigpen came in as the backup and now your ready to make him the starter ?? pluuuuezzz may i will go sign up as a backup for miami and maybe just maybe i will get to go in and start and take hennes job some people on here i can tell that you dont follow football lmao . nothing better to do than troll huh ??:thanks:

I wish we could blend the two of them. That's what jumped out at me today. Every Henne strength is a Thigpen weakness, and vice versa.

Henne is taller with a stronger and more accurate arm. Thigpen is quicker, smoother and more mobile with better field presence and touch, and a more compact delivery.

It struck me as appropriate that Thigpen wears #16 because I saw some David Woodley in him. He's more sudden and versatile than Woodley was. But that last INT looked exactly like Woodley's worst moments, a head shaking pick just when you wanted to believe in the guy.

As a rookie, Henne ended the season with a 7-6 record despite not having our number one RB in the lineup for the bulk of those games and despite not having any real weapons in our receiving corps. Still, he managed to help put up enough points to win on a regular basis and had our defense not imploded in many of those games, he could've easily had a 9-4 or even a 10-3 record as a starter.

IMHO, Henne did absolutely everything one could of him ask given the situation he was put into. He made throws that our starter on day one couldn't make, he demonstrated that he could shake off the bad throw, he displayed an ability to bring his team back when being down and he showed everyone who was watching that he has the skillset to be a great QB in this league. This was his rookie season folks. We'll be fine at QB for years to come with Henne back there. Let's focus on the areas that really need to be addressed because they aren't QB.

How is it that our fanbase loses its mind at the thought of cutting/trading Jason Allen or Ted Ginn for fear they will later turn into good players and torch us...yet the minute someone other then our starter throws a touchdown people are willing to devour the guy who won us games?

The grass is always greener i suppose.

He is sooooooooooooo much better then Henne and I am serious. He should definitly be given every chance to start next year but won't be given the chance.

And why do you think he is soooooo much better than Henne? Cause you say so. Why dont you call Bill and tell him how serious you are and how so soooooo much better your man Tyler is better than Henne, you never know!

He has either become good traid bait

or more likely

He will be a solid #2.

THis is Chad Henne's team right now.

Yes, this is Chad Henne's team right now...for the exact same reasons Pat White is the #2 QB...politics.

Thigpen is the more natural QB on this team. With no practice reps, coming on after the 5th game this season, he flashes immediately.

There is no question Thigpen has more immediate and eventual QB upside than "brain freeze Henne".

Henne has a cannon for an arm, yes, but Thigpen is a better "QB".

Put it like this... He brings more to the table than Henne... Henne, his accuracy is questionable now he doesnt even have eyes. a blind qb with no accuracy...trust me qb is definately an issue we still have to address..its a great problem to have.

I like Thigpen...He has talent..

I hope he can push Henne ..

Is Thingpen a starter?

No..Is he a good backup yes...

The First Int he threw shows you why he is not a starter...

He should have been in there the 2nd half not Pat White..

I'm not saying Thigpen should be the starter but the thing that really jumped out at me was how nice it is to see our QB thrown the ball down the field. In his short opportunity he must have taken 3+ shots down the field. Henne has no down field game despite his strong arm and I'm not sure that is something that will come with time. I think that is something you have or don't.

yt is going to be the backup qb point blank, henne is the starter

Back
Top Bottom