Tyler Thigpen - WE NEED TO TAKE A LOOK AT THIS KID NEXT YEAR | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyler Thigpen - WE NEED TO TAKE A LOOK AT THIS KID NEXT YEAR

Thigpen = Fiedler. That must be why everyone loves him so much. They miss Fiedler. He is the best Qb we've had since Marino.

wow henne is our guy and we found our back up today also. yeah the bess pass was nice but he then proved why he is a back up with 2 terrible throw after that

and he is clearly better then white. i think white is gonna have trouble sticking next year

wow henne is our guy and we found our back up today also. yeah the bess pass was nice but he then proved why he is a back up with 2 terrible throw after that

The throw to Ginn was good. Ginn fell down on the route.

Thigpen has better pocket presence then Henne. He made two bad throws, one was mental the other was physical, and both were picked.

He could be good but the key to Thigpen being on the bench is improvement from Henne over the next few months. Henne needs to learn how to have better pocket presence.

I agree. Thigpen seems quick/sharp. Henne seems to process things too slow at times. Hopefully, we'll see thigpen in the preseason.

Thigpen definitely brought a spark. He has more NFL experience than any QB on the roster. He can move with his legs and buy time. He has potential. I would like to see him and Chad Henne compete in 2010 for the starting job. Pat White has to be moved to WR. I would give Pat White a try at PR, let him come in sometimes at WR, and also let him take a few snaps a QB in the wildcat. Let him be a resource guy that does a little bit of everything. I know he can contribute to the team if they work him in.

Back to Thigpen... he brought a spark. But he had to force it at the end and it made him look bad. That just shows lack of experience on the field this season. He just didn't get enough time at QB this season. I'm not sure who would be the better QB between Thigpen and Henne. I know Henne has more support from the team and fans. But Henne was given MUCH more time and made some really bad decisions that cost Miami the games that could have put them in the playoffs. That's not good. What would Thigpen do? It's tough to say without playing him. They will probably compete for the starting job in 2010. I would feel comfortable starting either guy next season and seeing what they can do. I don't think Miami has to go get a vet to compete. But Pat White has to move to WR on the roster.

He's a good backup, with a similar skill set to Henne. We wouldn't have to change the offense play calling if he went in.

The increasing amount of Henne hate is getting staggering. I honestly can't wait till this guy makes everyone of his haters look like morons. I think patience is wearing thin, then again I'm sure most of the haters are about 16 with no real knowledge of football other than: his stats aren't like Peyton Manning he sucks. I'm saddened that our season is over but Thigpen is your number 2 QB Henne is banked in as the starter until he gets injured or begins to suck completely. Anywho good luck all offseason nit picking for a reason to draft or sign another QB.

I always liked the move to get him he plays like a kid (I mean that as a compliment) but Henne will be a more reliable QB in the Future while Thigpen would be more fun

Henne fits this Coaching system better

Miami needs to take a look at this kid next year. He is very talented. I always liked him at Kansas City. He should of been starting instead of Matt Cassell. He is more mobile than Henne, and has more talent than Henne. Trust me when I say that. Even though he threw 2 INTS, this kid has talent.

He should clearly be the #2 QB.

People should really stop calling him "just a back up." Any player can emerge in this league at any time and at any position.

He has only been in the league one more year than Henne I believe, and in his one opportunity where he got to start for KC, he made the most of it and had a pretty good year.

I like Henne a lot and I think he will go in to next season as the clear favorite to be the starter. But no one knows what will happen or what Thigpen(or Henne) will turn out to be. Even if you think you do, you don't, sorry to burst your bubbles.

Back
Top Bottom