Tyreek: "People Are Going To Take Their Words Back On Tua" | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyreek: "People Are Going To Take Their Words Back On Tua"

Do you think she put that out there with his blessing, or perhaps he will be uncomfortable with that as well. Seems like all a comment like that would do is add to the clamor.

I have to say, I'm a bit skeptical of how close of friends they are if she has put out something he said in confidence. Tua has always claimed that he doesn't pay attention to the "noise". I would like to believe that is true because he's in the wrong line of work for avoiding turmoil and comment/speculation.
Mike Tyson said he doesn't talk to women unless he is fornicating with them. He actually said that. That said, who gives a _ rap what she allegedly said.

If we were the worst OL in the league last year, how is it that this is ignored?
I'm pretty sure it wasn't and isn't ignored. Everyone has acknowledged that. Dude just said to name qbs who had bad o lines so I was just naming some. And now that I think of it I left out the most important one... Ryan friggan Tannehill! Lol. Dude was tuff as nails tho... peeing blood after almost every game

Aside from the fact that they won the conference, which would not be likely if their line were collectively bottom of the league, their offense was statistically better in virtually every category (rushing yards per game, passing yards per game, rushing yards per attempt, total yards) I could go on, but what's the point?

Obviously, better skills, better offensive scheme, etc can be credited for some of the disparity, but when all is said and done I think it is almost universally accepted as fact that as your offensive line goes, so goes your offense.

There's no way you will convince me that the Bengal's line was as bad as Miami's, regardless of any grades on individual linemen. I think it is also universally accepted that a good offensive line must function as a cohesive unit. That is the main point. Miami's line was atrocious in that respect. I'm not arguing that Cincinatti's line was top ten. It wasn't, but it was collectively a hell of a lot better than ours in that aspect.

Back away from the PFF (or other) individual rankings for a moment and look at the bigger picture. You are really trying to promote a "Tua sucks" agenda, using individual linemen rankings as a weapon, when simple common sense should prevail. You aren't very likely going to get within one game of a championship, as the Bengals did, with a line as bad as ours, unless you are just a flat out dominant defense, which they were certainly not. Their line was at a minimum serviceable. Ours was not. To argue otherwise is nonsense, IMO.

You don't have to agree. Everyone has their own opinions, but I believe there are far more ppl who would be a lot closer to my view than to yours. Now, it is likely (and acceptable) that you do not care what the majority thinks. Flat earthers believe whole heartedly they are correct too.

I appreciate you explaining. Thanks.

It's a different Tua. You can see it in his body language and his words. He seems very happy too. Great that he has a young and innovative coach to support him and it shows. And according to Grier's words, McD and coaching staff is very happy with Tua.

Try to be a QB with all these to overcome. With Tua, itll always just be "excuses".

32nd rank OL
32 rank Running Game
Bottom tier WR group
Head Coaching Problems
Dual OC's...

Extending this to ridiculous proportions, Tua could be the only guy on the field playing 1 v 11 and that would still an “excuse” to many.

In a “team” sport surrounding talent matters more than individual talent.

Name the top 5 players in the league then put them all on the same team with 48 bottom tier players and they ain’t winning $#!t. And probably not producing impressive statistics either.

Extending this to ridiculous proportions, Tua could be the only guy on the field playing 1 v 11 and that would still an “excuse” to many.

In a “team” sport surrounding talent matters more than individual talent.

Name the top 5 players in the league then put them all on the same team with 48 bottom tier players and they ain’t winning $#!t. And probably not producing impressive statistics either.

I agree. Ive posted somewhere on another thread, that unfortunately we will never see any top player in Tua's situation. Its super easy to say that another QB would perform better, but until we actually see it, itll just be an opinion and not a fact.

One of the things that is ugly about this current era is the need to generalize and label critical review as hate…in order to marginalize, ignore and discard dissenting views.

Tua was a very highly drafted QB…reality is, he is expected to play at a very high level or he will be criticized and eventually replaced.

Let’s hope as Dolphin fans his destiny is the former and not the latter…..

I'm pretty sure it wasn't and isn't ignored. Everyone has acknowledged that. Dude just said to name qbs who had bad o lines so I was just naming some. And now that I think of it I left out the most important one... Ryan friggan Tannehill! Lol. Dude was tuff as nails tho... peeing blood after almost every game

Would David Carr work?

Guy had a horrible line and ridiculous sack numbers.

Never reached his full potential. But to this day, most analysts or experts GRYPHONK watches credit his O line for his lack of success.

The exact opposite of how they critique Tua.

One of the things that is ugly about this current era is the need to generalize and label critical review as hate…in order to marginalize, ignore and discard dissenting views.

Tua was a very highly drafted QB…reality is, he is expected to play at a very high level or he will be criticized and eventually replaced.

Let’s hope as Dolphin fans his destiny is the former and not the latter…..

Even Highly drafted QBs need to be set up for success in the NFL. Unfortunately People now days tend to forget that its a tough transition.

You also have to admit though, that there are those who hide behind the "critical review", but in reality their "hating" in another sense. (They just dont want to admit it lol) Its kinda hard to distinguish. Their being biased also doesnt help the cause.

But, You CAN actually tell them apart when one fluffs up a QB not admitting he was helped by his surroundings, and yet not give the other QB credit where credit is due (and not admit he always had the most missing pieces)

Basically it should come down to this...

2 years Weve seen what Tua can do without a good supporting cast.
2 years Tua should be given to see what he can do, now with a good supporting cast.
(Unfortunately he is said to be given only 1 yr to prove it.)

That being said, Tua supporters shouldnt credit him too much until he proves he can produce. On the other hand, his Critics shouldnt be hating until he's been given a fair shot with this years team thats built around him.
What you are saying is valid. However, many top QB’s have gone through this same cycle and most were labeled bust and held accountable. Look what Sam Darnold is going through right now.

This is Fin Heaven, where everyone is right.
It's just that some of us are "more right" than others - LOL
And for some being right about what they post on a silly fan message forum is the single most important thing.

Back
Top Bottom